Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Ford discussions

Old 12-26-2015, 10:52 AM
Out-N-About

Lurker Good newbie
2008-2010 Ford 6.4 diesels

Any local input on the 6.4's?

I had one as a work truck in January/February 2009. It got carboned up really bad from not being able to regenerate properly. Because of the nature of my job I couldn't drive faster than 30 km/hr and idled it all day.

I'm wondering how they are with the dpf and egr removed? It's the last series of superdutys where you could get a stick. That's why I'm looking at them.
Old 12-26-2015, 04:50 PM
Porch Honky with a
Swollen Member

Burge bad newbie
my buddy has one in his 450. he ripped the egr out and dpf and it changed the the truck(.. its been reliable ever since and he gained some miles per gallon.
Old 01-20-2016, 09:06 PM
Long where it counts
Swollen Member

longhorn bad newbie
Ive got a 2008 the fuel pump went and it costs $12,000 - $14000 to fix.
Needless to say its sitting in a snowbank in my yard.

I deleted it and it had lots of power but they are expensive pieces of shit to fix.
Old 01-23-2016, 10:34 PM
Prospect

homeboy Unknown Newbie
I hated my 08 f350 dually and I just used it a handful of times towing my rock buggy with my camper in the back. Didn't like the auto trans or having 4.10 gears, thing sucked fuel like crazy.

mind you mine didn't have deletes and tuner, only had 9,000 km on it. if you get one price that into buying one instantly.

recently bought a 2011 chevy diesel dually and happy again to have the Allison and the 3.73 gears.

they are known to clog up if being used to idle a lot, they need to be worked. Just the amount of fuel you burn during Regen is ridiculous.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:25 PM
Out-N-About

Lurker Good newbie
Thanks guys. The one I had for a work truck got 50 litres per 100 km. Clogged up really bad. But it never got past second gear being restricted to 30 km/hr on ice roads out of Fort Mac.

I was glad to hand the keys back to the office on that one.