Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #106  
Old 09-14-2015, 10:30 PM
harvester_sorrow's Avatar
harvester_sorrow harvester_sorrow is offline
Wheeling a Golf Cart gives me a
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: PoCo
Posts: 7,142
harvester_sorrow Good newbie
Reputation: 11
Are they going to start profiling the long hairs next?!?!?!?
__________________
Taking golf carts where they don't belong
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 09-14-2015, 10:44 PM
Lieutenant Johnson Lieutenant Johnson is offline
Blame it on my A.d.D
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,901
Lieutenant Johnson bad newbie
Reputation: 9
Jesus you are invisible....
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 09-15-2015, 01:12 AM
4skin's Avatar
4skin 4skin is offline
Cact
Swollen Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 8,696
4skin Good newbie
Reputation: 15
[quote=TJnBC;1768739]Yup until it happens to you and given no Valid reason on paper or in person...you will not praise them so much ...I guess you got lucky because judging by your pic...4skin would give you a VI
No his jeep isn't a piece of shit with a broken windshield
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 09-15-2015, 01:34 AM
4skin's Avatar
4skin 4skin is offline
Cact
Swollen Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 8,696
4skin Good newbie
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJnBC View Post
So Snowmanxj and I went to visit GoinGreen tonight at Stave west..turn the corner to Burma and two cops waiting for us. Give us both a Box 2 for no specific reasons except my cop who said, ("what you lifted your vehicle and didnt have it inspected?) Well if everyone else has to do it you should too" what a crock of shit ..argued for about 20 about how the only visible unsafe thing from a non mechanically inclined person was my crack in the windshield. Even said we are giving your buddy one so why should you not get one.... [ballsmack] [fml]

Show up to Goingreens camp to find out he got a Box 2 as well [lmao]
Not shure but somewhere in that 20 min argument I'm shure he gave reasons
Other than you lifted it it needs to be inspected
Sorry but that seems like a pretty valid reason if you look it up and read the rules pretty shure the cop wasn't illiterate
Even if it was done by a licenced mechanic in a licenced shop
It's suppose to be inspected before it goes on road by law
Sorry but having a temper tantrum won't change that
And denile is a river in Egypt

Last edited by 4skin : 09-15-2015 at 03:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 09-15-2015, 08:44 AM
kingg5 kingg5 is offline
Gettin' out havin' fun
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: coquitlam
Posts: 461
kingg5 Good newbie
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4skin View Post
Not shure but somewhere in that 20 min argument I'm shure he gave reasons
Other than you lifted it it needs to be inspected
Sorry but that seems like a pretty valid reason if you look it up and read the rules pretty shure the cop wasn't illiterate
Even if it was done by a licenced mechanic in a licenced shop
It's suppose to be inspected before it goes on road by law
Sorry but having a temper tantrum won't change that
And denile is a river in Egypt
they need to have a reason man. no matter what you think. no cop is qualified to give that reason thus they should not be the ones handing out vehicle inspection box 2s or any others for that matter. if they feel they will encounter vehicles which may require that, they should be obligated to have the appropriate authorities on site to issue the citation. (because it is not reversible, they should not have any right to issue them without a CVSE on site to confirm/verify the issues)
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 09-15-2015, 10:56 AM
Toyquad's Avatar
Toyquad Toyquad is offline
funny, your daughter calls me daddy too
Swollen Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,788
Toyquad Good newbie
Reputation: 11
hahaha how are cvse any more qualified? all they take is a 2 day course. Have you been through the cvse officer employment interviews? All they care about is you can read and understand the regulations. Anyone can apply. A lawyer has a better chance at getting hired to be a cvse officer then a mechanic...... i know , i failed the test . And i am a certified red seal commercial transport mechanic.

more then a few times trucks have been roadsided and brought to our shop, and the cvse either missed saftey items or failed things that werent a fail.


Cops have hobbies too, how do you know that cop doesnt have a hot rod, 4x4 etc in his garage? He very well could be more qualified then the cvse.
__________________
T.O.Y.O.T.A. Tow Out Your Own Truck Asshole
Sir, have you been drinking?
Why is there a fat chick in car?
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 09-15-2015, 11:16 AM
Burge's Avatar
Burge Burge is offline
Porch Honky with a
Swollen Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Haney, BC, Canada.
Posts: 1,905
Burge bad newbie
Reputation: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingg5 View Post
they need to have a reason man
yeah like a cracked windsheild and 4" or more of lift?


I have been given a notice and order before for a windshield crack and tinted side windows. Its the way she goes. fix it, inspect and move forward....
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 09-15-2015, 11:17 AM
Honky's Avatar
Honky Honky is offline
winter camping give me a
Swollen Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Mission
Posts: 27,232
Honky bad newbie
Reputation: 6
I was told any truck that is modified needs a yearly inspection. Is that true?
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 09-15-2015, 11:20 AM
Burge's Avatar
Burge Burge is offline
Porch Honky with a
Swollen Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Haney, BC, Canada.
Posts: 1,905
Burge bad newbie
Reputation: 0
like mentioned above. the CVSE arnt any better. The last time our facility was inspected the officer told me he used to be a sparkey. Ive seen dumb shit written up on commercial vehicles while they missed some important saftey related deficiencies missed.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 09-15-2015, 11:25 AM
Lieutenant Johnson Lieutenant Johnson is offline
Blame it on my A.d.D
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,901
Lieutenant Johnson bad newbie
Reputation: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honky View Post
I was told any truck that is modified needs a yearly inspection. Is that true?
no . At least thats what CVSE said.

Burge I see your point ...but the crack was much less than 300mm...so thats my only beef
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 09-15-2015, 11:40 AM
4skin's Avatar
4skin 4skin is offline
Cact
Swollen Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 8,696
4skin Good newbie
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingg5 View Post
they need to have a reason man. no matter what you think. no cop is qualified to give that reason thus they should not be the ones handing out vehicle inspection box 2s or any others for that matter. if they feel they will encounter vehicles which may require that, they should be obligated to have the appropriate authorities on site to issue the citation. (because it is not reversible, they should not have any right to issue them without a CVSE on site to confirm/verify the issues)
Where do you get there a cops not qualified to hand out a ticket
using that argument
People without a trade qualification in automotive field
Should not work on their own vehicle
And some really shouldn't
You really don't want the real cvst guys going over your truck
They won't let anything slide And they know where to look for common defects
On different makes of vehicle
Wait till they bring in manditory yearly testing
Rumor is that's what air care stations will
Be turned into enjoy your modded vehicles till then
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 09-15-2015, 11:58 AM
Burge's Avatar
Burge Burge is offline
Porch Honky with a
Swollen Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Haney, BC, Canada.
Posts: 1,905
Burge bad newbie
Reputation: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJnBC View Post
no . At least thats what CVSE said.

Burge I see your point ...but the crack was much less than 300mm...so thats my only beef
was there a stone bruise larger then a quarter or multiple stone bruises? was the crack on the driverside?

dont get me wrong, im not a CVSE or cop lover and non of my 3 vehicles will pass a inspection as they currently sit and as a licensed inspector i know better...
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 09-15-2015, 12:10 PM
Burge's Avatar
Burge Burge is offline
Porch Honky with a
Swollen Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Haney, BC, Canada.
Posts: 1,905
Burge bad newbie
Reputation: 0
most inspection facilities will go through it with a fine tooth comb. they are in the business of making money. Plus its allot easier to ruin a reputation then it is to build one. My coworker at his last job has been brought into court after a fatal accident to talk with him about the recent CVIP inspection and his findings.

There still are some rubber stamp inspection facilities around but they are getting harder to find...
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 09-15-2015, 12:14 PM
harvester_sorrow's Avatar
harvester_sorrow harvester_sorrow is offline
Wheeling a Golf Cart gives me a
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: PoCo
Posts: 7,142
harvester_sorrow Good newbie
Reputation: 11
Finally some life has been brought back to this site
__________________
Taking golf carts where they don't belong
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 09-15-2015, 12:24 PM
kingg5 kingg5 is offline
Gettin' out havin' fun
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: coquitlam
Posts: 461
kingg5 Good newbie
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burge View Post
yeah like a cracked windsheild and 4" or more of lift?


I have been given a notice and order before for a windshield crack and tinted side windows. Its the way she goes. fix it, inspect and move forward....
I agree. however. nothing written on the vi...and they didn't confirm that the lift is in fact 4" they have zero idea how big that lift is by just glancing at it.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Style Design By: Resourcelabz.se