Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 09-13-2015, 06:38 PM
Wheeling a Golf Cart gives me a

harvester_sorrow Good newbie
What's the bumper height for a dingy???
Old 09-13-2015, 07:42 PM
take off eh
Swollen Member

hoser Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvester_sorrow View Post
What's the bumper height for a dingy???
Was out on the lake about a month ago on the dirty J when I seen the cops coming towards me.. Was just floating in the middle of the channel having a beer.. They got within 30ft from me then I seen them smile shake their heads and drive away.. Guess the dirty is water legal
Old 09-13-2015, 09:18 PM

Nice. Dirty on my friend, dirty on
Old 09-14-2015, 06:09 AM
Gettin' out havin' fun

kingg5 Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4skin View Post
Ii
Read tods own post on what cvst chick told him cover tires he replaced the window but the cops a dick because he saw a few things and sends it for a insp
30 VIs don't sound like they singled him out either
Pretty shure I told honky so don't drive with the doors off and window down
I know I said it to his face: and honky didn't go on about my truck is perfect and the cop had no reason to give it to him
Could tods jeep be driven straight to a inspection station and pass after issued the ticket
Simply no it couldn't even overlooking the over stock height 4 inches need s a inspection rule

I totally get what the cop "said" to him. what doesn't make sense is why didn't that fukcin clown do his job and write that shit down? BECAUSE HE DIDNT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT WAS WRONG. all he saw was a jeep that looked big and had "big" tires. nothing more.

sure maybe it couldn't be passed right away, but that pigger didn't have a fucking clue either as evidenced by the lack of info on the VI.
Old 09-14-2015, 10:41 AM
Gettin' out havin' fun

Little Samurai Good newbie
So I was out at the flats with the family and some friends yesterday and the cops were out there in the blacked out Can Am side by side. They weren't really bothering anyone but they were ticketing people for things that people know they should 't be doing, like ATV's on the forestry roads without plates. There are also two plain clothed cops on a pair of grey Can Am outlanders that will park themselves at a distance and then "observe" everyone. Then on the way out there was a roadblock on Dewdney. The cops were decent, no VI handed out to me or my buddy with a lifted 350. They commented on the Jeep we through around a few jokes and off I went. Long weekends are targeted solely to deter too many people being out there and too much bullshit from happening. I can respect that because it's the bullshit that causes us to loose our playgrounds. They have a job to do and if I am not doing anything wrong then there is nothing to hide. Yes maybe I will one day get a VI but it's all part of choosing to go there.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:16 AM
winter camping give me a
Swollen Member

Honky bad newbie
Good post
Old 09-14-2015, 04:49 PM

Don't need plates yet. They put it off
Old 09-14-2015, 06:14 PM
Cact
Swollen Member

4skin Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingg5 View Post
I totally get what the cop "said" to him. what doesn't make sense is why didn't that fukcin clown do his job and write that shit down? BECAUSE HE DIDNT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT WAS WRONG. all he saw was a jeep that looked big and had "big" tires. nothing more.

sure maybe it couldn't be passed right away, but that pigger didn't have a fucking clue either as evidenced by the lack of info on the VI.
Totally agree that they don't have a clue most of them
Now being as how we agree they are not mechanics
Why would they need to write down what is wrong and how would you feel spending several hours waiting for a cop to measure and look over every truck in front of you
They do it to commercial trucks all the time with no visible defects
Old 09-14-2015, 06:18 PM
Gettin' out havin' fun

kingg5 Good newbie
Quote:
Why would they need to write down what is wrong and how would you feel spending several hours waiting for a cop to measure and look over every truck in front of you
id feel a lot better about it if the cop knew what he was doing and not just handing out VI's like candy .

they want to measure my bumper height, go ahead. you want to get me for a cracked windshield go ahead. my tires sticking out? ok sure those would all be my own fault but why is it that they dont have to write down a reason? if everyone just takes it on the chin how is it ever going to change? todd and destin and jon were profiled for having big jeeps. simple as that.
Old 09-14-2015, 06:38 PM
Cact
Swollen Member

4skin Good newbie
isn't it up to a qualified inspector to determine what's wrong with it
What difference does it make if the cop writes down what he saw and thought was wrong
the inspectors all go through and submit the same checklist to the ministry of transport
Old 09-14-2015, 08:53 PM

Quote:
They should have a reason. Otherwise they are arbitrarily handing them out

Owning a jeep would be probable cause
Old 09-14-2015, 09:30 PM
giver hard

Troy bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Samurai View Post
So I was out at the flats with the family and some friends yesterday and the cops were out there in the blacked out Can Am side by side. They weren't really bothering anyone but they were ticketing people for things that people know they should 't be doing, like ATV's on the forestry roads without plates. There are also two plain clothed cops on a pair of grey Can Am outlanders that will park themselves at a distance and then "observe" everyone. Then on the way out there was a roadblock on Dewdney. The cops were decent, no VI handed out to me or my buddy with a lifted 350. They commented on the Jeep we through around a few jokes and off I went. Long weekends are targeted solely to deter too many people being out there and too much bullshit from happening. I can respect that because it's the bullshit that causes us to loose our playgrounds. They have a job to do and if I am not doing anything wrong then there is nothing to hide. Yes maybe I will one day get a VI but it's all part of choosing to go there.
your tune would be different if they handed you a VI during that roadblock and then harassed you about anything else they could.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:33 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

evdog Good newbie
I think we all know what's wrong with our rides and chose to ride them it's only a matter of time before we get a vi
Old 09-14-2015, 10:19 PM
Blame it on my A.d.D

Lieutenant Johnson bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by evdog View Post
I think we all know what's wrong with our rides and chose to ride them it's only a matter of time before we get a vi

Bingo....should be good to go this week and VI free
Old 09-14-2015, 10:20 PM
Blame it on my A.d.D

Lieutenant Johnson bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy View Post
your tune would be different if they handed you a VI during that roadblock and then harassed you about anything else they could.
Yup until it happens to you and given no Valid reason on paper or in person...you will not praise them so much ...I guess you got lucky because judging by your pic...4skin would give you a VI