Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 09-07-2015, 09:57 AM
Rollin like a redneck
Swollen Member

Happypants Good newbie
Weird...the last 4 times we were up at stave, including last night, on the way home we went through the roadblocks and Reese and I both breezed right on through ,
Old 09-07-2015, 10:28 AM
Blame it on my A.d.D

Lieutenant Johnson bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happypants View Post
Weird...the last 4 times we were up at stave, including last night, on the way home we went through the roadblocks and Reese and I both breezed right on through ,

That's what i am sayin...whats their reasoning when giving out VIs. Its so inconsistent. Like i said been thru countless roadblocks at Stave....and never a problem. Even have one roadblock on Gopro
Old 09-07-2015, 12:52 PM
cornbinder on coils
Swollen Member

epic3 bad newbie
they give em out till their book is empty...
No shop will pass you with a cracked windshield so message tdonk about getting a new one. I can recommend where I send all my inspections if you are willing to go to richmond.
Old 09-07-2015, 02:25 PM
Blame it on my A.d.D

I just replaced my windshield frame and glass today..

Nebowe on the site has a meeting on Tuesday nite with Ted De Jager (Superintendent) and Shaun Wright. (head liason for stave initiative). Hopefully to get some explanation and maybe throw out the VIs

Thanks for the offer Epic
May still take you up on it
Old 09-07-2015, 04:08 PM
Cact
Swollen Member

4skin Good newbie
so you had a obvious safety defect cracked windshield
And your jeep is obviously lifted more than 4 inches over stock
It's a requirement to have anything with 4 inches or more lift to be inspected
There's more than enough reasons for a cop to order a vi
Maybe he thought you had a attitude or your buddy did
Just go get it done it will make your truck easier to sell
And thinking their picking on you over someone like nick e
His cherocar has a small lift and 31 inch tires
Seems like your thinking is every 4x4 should get one if you did
Don't think that's they want to do
They do this every year at this time and long weekends are the worst
Now that air care is gone bet yearly inspections is their next cash cow
And icbc has a adjenda to get all the old vehicles off the road
They consider 06 as old

Last edited by 4skin : 09-07-2015 at 04:15 PM.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:59 PM
Wheeling a Golf Cart gives me a

harvester_sorrow Good newbie
Must be a jeep thing
Old 09-07-2015, 08:37 PM
Blame it on my A.d.D

New windshield bitches....and 4skin i have a 3.5" susp lift..4" SUSP lift or higher is what the law states ..and no I didnt say that every 4x4 should get one but EVERY vehicle that enters Stave should be scrutinzed for safety just as we were...not just Lifted Jeeps/vehicles.

Just asking not to be singled out ...

As for attitude ...we didnt have a chance to give attitude as it was within 5 sec he said you are gettin a Box2 then tried to explain why with really no valid reason but a borderline crack in windshield
Attached Images

Last edited by Lieutenant Johnson : 09-07-2015 at 08:55 PM.
Old 09-08-2015, 01:23 AM
Cact
Swollen Member

4skin Good newbie
Cops look for easy targets in that picture hard to tell
But tires don't look fully covered
No mud flaps
Front plate improperly mounted yes zap straps are not proper mounts got ticketed for that
And a cracked windshield
Don't make it so easy for them they usually look for three things wrong and then give a inspection order
Be glad it wasn't one of the cvst cops they do a inspection right there usually you tow it home if it's modified
Bet the fines for a cracked windshield the plate and mudflaps is more than the cost of inspection
My hid lights was a 165 buck fine I think if I didn't remove them and go to cop shop and show they were removed

Last edited by 4skin : 09-08-2015 at 01:30 AM.
Old 09-08-2015, 11:24 AM
funny, your daughter calls me daddy too
Swollen Member

Toyquad Good newbie
I'd give that a VI too, but im a toyota guy .

trying to give my honest opinion here, and i know pics arent the best to go by but,

that looks to me to be lifted more then 4 inches. I also heard that it is not just the amount of lift, but also how much the bigger tires lift it as well.
I'm also pretty sure every time a cop asks how much a vehicle is lifted the owner always says around 3 inches . cause the owner knows what the rules say. I know thats what I used to say .

tires look like they stick out, windshield cracked, no mud flaps etc.

Giving you 10 days to fix the things wrong would have been nice, but I can only imagine the amount of dickheads they have already had to deal with up there that day probably left them in a shitty mood.

I was up there on my quad, they stopped us, checked insurance etc. all was in order and we were told to have a good ride.

I hope they continue to be up there. I used to be one of the ones driving unsafe vehicles and driving home after a few too many beers. It stopped me from doing it anymore, hopefully others too
Old 09-08-2015, 11:25 AM
funny, your daughter calls me daddy too
Swollen Member

Toyquad Good newbie
and for the record, i have gotten 4 vi's in the past. all warranted
Old 09-08-2015, 11:33 AM
Blame it on my A.d.D

yeah its a bizarre ..my tires stick out maybe 1/2" ... had a small crack in windshield not any more than most commuter cars have on their windshields...

like i said I drive by at least 4 cops a day where I live in Langley ghetto ...not one glance at my rig...numerous roadblocks this year on the road and at Harrison and Stave ...and no issues....

Had a cop behind me for 30 min on my way to Boston Bar 2 weeks ago, pulling my newly lifted tent trailer and all I got was a thumbs up from the Cop!

my jeep is not an eyesore....nor is it a heady Jeep ....I get the "rules" but like you said Toy, he could have asked me to fix windshield...their was no mention of Mud Flaps or tires sticking out too far
Old 09-08-2015, 02:17 PM
cornbinder on coils
Swollen Member

epic3 bad newbie
none of my commuter cars have cracks in the windshield.
Your marginalizing at this point . Anything modified is subject to scrutiny. It sucks but its a fact of life. Perhaps the cop knows more than you gave him credit for and its not his job to explain his reasoning to you. Its not a charge or fine after all. Just inconvenient with safety as the goal.
Old 09-08-2015, 02:17 PM
Make your own-iEdit Title in 'User CP'
Swollen Member

ROBO bad newbie
those pricks piss me off too! . why don't they go too the rod show and vi a few roadsters and custom cars... lots of them illeagle .. no fenders hoods . glass.. etc... loud exhaust...lots of modified cars there.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:41 PM
Rollin like a redneck
Swollen Member

Happypants Good newbie
The way I see it, if my tires are fully covered by my flairs I will be ok, windshields brand new, one thing I did make sure I did was properly bolt my front licence plate on because I've been hassled about it being zip tied on, having brand new tires helps, Ya my jeep has a small 2.5"/3" lift but they could still give me a vi if they wanted to, my very first xj got a vi 50k up the west side of Harrison cuz my swaybar was disconnected and tied up & I had a little rust above my cat on the floor, so it could happen to anyone, they do single out trucks sometime tho, that I wouldn't doubt one bit, my diesel got a box 3 for a cracked windshield, went and seen t-Donk, didn't even have to go to the cop shop after cuz it went through icbc and through the system and the box 3 was diminished after that,

If u give them a reason, then they will have a reason, add flair extensions if you have to, bolt ur shit on properly, it's a pain in the ass & not fair but what do u do!? Look at the old 3 window model A fords that some guys have done up with a 18" wide back tire not covered by any flair or anything at all,
Old 09-08-2015, 03:51 PM
Blame it on my A.d.D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBO View Post
those pricks piss me off too! . why don't they go too the rod show and vi a few roadsters and custom cars... lots of them illeagle .. no fenders hoods . glass.. etc... loud exhaust...lots of modified cars there.

my exact point! they dont sit outside at the mud drags and ticket people for VIs....

Just like the cops dont sit right outside the neighbourhood Pub nailing people as they leave the parking lot