Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 04-20-2015, 12:33 PM
Blame it on my A.d.D

Lieutenant Johnson bad newbie
Wheelin/driving with Kiddo in front seat

How many peeps drive with their little ones in a car seat in the front seat? Is this legal / safe? i want to put the summer tops on but would have to have my 20mth old girl in the front, if I did take her with me with a Front facing car seat. Cant have her in the back with a safari top as thewind would be in her face ..thoughts?
Old 04-20-2015, 12:36 PM
Ginger comms

J20 bad newbie
shes way to young to be in the front IMO..........my boy is 6 he still rides in the back..........its the safest place for them
Old 04-20-2015, 12:59 PM
Blame it on my A.d.D

Lieutenant Johnson bad newbie
Yeah thats what I was thinking just because of the air bag mainly...sure is a bummer when i take the soft top off tho...need a wrap around cover for the rear that I can strap on to shield the wind
Old 04-20-2015, 01:48 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

BleepinJeep Good newbie
Airbag would kill her, not worth the risk
Old 04-20-2015, 02:05 PM
Gettin' out havin' fun

kingg5 Good newbie
take the fuse out...would that not solve the air bag problem?
Old 04-20-2015, 02:45 PM
All The FIBC women love my
Swollen Member

Apathy Good newbie
I let my boy ride in the front unless i'm doing something stupid. He is 10 (i've let him ride in the front periodically since he was 8). However, the half doors on my rig are tall enough that he's not coming out. No airbags in my rig. I would not let one in a car seat ride in the front.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happypants View Post
Salty as usual
Old 04-20-2015, 03:22 PM
Ginger comms

J20 bad newbie
ya ill let my boy in the front once hes a bit older..........i told my 9 yr old daughter she could ride up front last time out.......she wanted to stay in the back
Old 04-20-2015, 03:33 PM
Gettin' out havin' fun

kingg5 Good newbie
ive let katie ride up front on a trail before but not sure how i would feel about it in traffic (shes 8)
Old 04-20-2015, 06:25 PM
Not a Newbie

westcoaster bad newbie
Some vehicles have "smart" airbags. They detect the weight in the passenger seat is to light, airbags automatically turn off.

There would be some sort of light on the dash for that. '07 dodge caravan is like that.

That said, first time my kids rode up front (in traffic) was at 11-12

On the trail (depending on the trail) anything went. Sit on my lap and steer etc. busy roads where the likelyhood of oncomming traffic was high, they rode in the back...
Old 04-20-2015, 09:39 PM
I don't want to Edit Title in 'User CP'
Swollen Member

BC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond repute
Yesterday I opened Pandora's box so to say. I put Eilee's car seat in the front for some trail wheeling and we both really loved it. She usually is in the back but it hard to take the proper gear or secure it down. This time I had the back all packed proper and the gear strapped down under a cover sheet like I would when I wheel alone. If we ran into any really dangerous situations she would have got out and waited with the other children though. Yes I did drive to and from home with her up front but she was in a fully harnessed child seat and not just the booster she rides in when in moms car. My 4Runner has no airbags to worry about though and she was also wearing a helmet when we were on the trails.

Some may think I'm a horrible parent some may think I'm a safety freak out of our group but I don't care. I believe we were safe and we had a very enjoyable day out and bonded in a way when never could before when we went wheeling.

All that said my daughter is 6 and a half not twenty months. At twenty months for us it was back roads and back seats only.

And of all the wheeling we did trying find the main group it was no where near as unsafe as what I did three times while parked and with eilee up front. I looked back on my day and realized I did all that winching on Mikey with my hood down and eilee up front. For the extra safety (front or back seat) I should have popped the hood
Old 04-20-2015, 09:59 PM
The C stands for crazy
Swollen Member

C-Dog bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC_4RUNNER View Post
Yesterday I opened Pandora's box so to say. I put Eilee's car seat in the front for some trail wheeling and we both really loved it. She usually is in the back but it hard to take the proper gear or secure it down. This time I had the back all packed proper and the gear strapped down under a cover sheet like I would when I wheel alone. If we ran into any really dangerous situations she would have got out and waited with the other children though. Yes I did drive to and from home with her up front but she was in a fully harnessed child seat and not just the booster she rides in when in moms car. My 4Runner has no airbags to worry about though and she was also wearing a helmet when we were on the trails.

Some may think I'm a horrible parent some may think I'm a safety freak out of our group but I don't care. I believe we were safe and we had a very enjoyable day out and bonded in a way when never could before when we went wheeling.

All that said my daughter is 6 and a half not twenty months. At twenty months for us it was back roads and back seats only.

And of all the wheeling we did trying find the main group it was no where near as unsafe as what I did three times while parked and with eilee up front. I looked back on my day and realized I did all that winching on Mikey with my hood down and eilee up front. For the extra safety (front or back seat) I should have popped the hood

Well said there Greg.... But that is also one good advantage of the Synthetic line it drops when it breaks instead of recoiling back ( what I've heard anyways ) haven't seen it 1st hand..

FUCK CANCER !!!!!!
Old 04-20-2015, 10:39 PM
I don't want to Edit Title in 'User CP'
Swollen Member

BC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
Well said there Greg.... But that is also one good advantage of the Synthetic line it drops when it breaks instead of recoiling back ( what I've heard anyways ) haven't seen it 1st hand..
There still must be some recoil energy even with synthetic line. And for sure things would be flying if the mount ripped off and the hook came flying back.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:03 PM
Wheeling a Golf Cart gives me a

harvester_sorrow Good newbie
Nothing beats the good old days of hammocks and baby baskets
Old 04-20-2015, 11:06 PM
My carbon print is the size of a crater
Swollen Member

dirka dave bad newbie
I ve taken both Jacob and Lukas in the front seat of my 82' with my half doors on, in the car seat.

They loved it.

Old 04-20-2015, 11:07 PM
My carbon print is the size of a crater
Swollen Member

dirka dave bad newbie
Mathias will be soon.