Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > General 4x4 Discussion

General 4x4 Discussion General discussion and questions that would apply to all makes.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:32 PM
665 neighbor of the beast

Tunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Fuk u bird

Been tryn to evict the bird from under my hood for almost 2 years.... Im about 1 more attempt away from a carelessly discarded cigarette.

Yesterday while doing a pre trip inspection i said fjuck it and even though i know its only a bandaid i resorted to a can of belt dressing ( yes i know its primarily for v belts)

Pow gone.... Fuck ya!! Finally...

Then this moring @ 530 i hit the auto start..... Guess what?

Yup bird is back.. This time the little fucker brought a friend with pa speaker..... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so loud i cant belive its a belt issue.

So after a embarrassing drive to work i bought yet another belt this time one that's 1.5" shorter.

If it dont work just look for smoke and sirens and a guy rocking back and fourth giggiling.

Ps.
New tensioner, ac bypass pulley, alternator and smooth spinning water pump, fan and ps pulley.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:23 PM
I have a huge
Swollen Member

redman bad newbie
Sounds like something a shotgun could fix...
Old 04-02-2015, 04:04 PM
Cact
Swollen Member

4skin Good newbie
belt dressing on serpentine belt bad bad bad
it will glue back side of belt to whatever runs on back side of belt
and peel belt apart
the real fun is trying to clean it all off all the pulleys
Old 04-02-2015, 04:22 PM
Rollin like a redneck
Swollen Member

Happypants Good newbie
MAbet you have a pulley that's not aligned true? My cj used to
Have belt squeal all the fucking time, then after I blew the motor up, while re doing it I found the alternator bracket was fuckin backwards and upside down , it wasn't sitting true to
The rest of the pulleys, but I think it was done like that for the York compressor that was on the motor, but now it never squeals, unless I try jump starting todds cruiser
Old 04-02-2015, 06:08 PM

Tunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond repute
It's finally fixed...

Washed all pulleys with brake clean then wire wheel on drill and water... Wiped dry and installed a belt 1.5 inch shorter.

Nothing not a peep.... 2 fucken years and it's finaly quiet
Old 04-02-2015, 06:40 PM
Cact
Swollen Member

4skin Good newbie
and you just jinxed yourself
Old 04-02-2015, 06:54 PM

Did didn't i.... Fuck.... Be a nervous key turn tomorrow i guess
Old 04-02-2015, 08:16 PM
winter camping give me a
Swollen Member

Honky bad newbie
Here is a song for you to download

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t3cBTb3xPc

Old 04-02-2015, 08:37 PM

Wow she can't sing at all...

But i did enjoy the vid for some reason