Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Chevy ramblings

Old 01-05-2014, 09:16 PM
Rookie

Skitherz Good newbie
Fan blower assistance needed

I have a 08 GMC 2500HD 6.0 gasser. Had no issues up until tonight with the blower. Fired her up tonight and turned fan off cuz it was making it snow inside, went outside and brushed off the snow and went to turn the fan on and there was nothing, heard it struggle for a bit than quit. I would check fuses and relays if i had the tools on hand, waiting until i go into work tomorrow with a warm shop and right tools (-30 up here in Fort St. John, no one likes to work in that!). Cant do visual on fuses due to them being the non see-thru type and I don't have test light at home.

To sum it up, just curious to know where to go/look after fuse/relay checks and resistor and harness checks. Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks y'all! Any help is good help!
Old 01-05-2014, 09:36 PM
jamming in my
Swollen Member

procircuit Good newbie
Resistor plugs are prone to shorting out on these, there was a recall on some..
Passenger side under dash, can't miss it,

also check for power at the blower motor plug.. If it's still powered and fan, likely the blower motor.. 40-50$ IIRC
Old 01-06-2014, 08:22 PM
Rookie

Skitherz Good newbie
Thanks! Thinking it was too damn cold for it to start turning, was -5 this morning and it seemed to have resolved itself when i fired it up. Will keep it in mind for future reference tho.

Old 01-06-2014, 08:26 PM
ewwww mustard is gross
Swollen Member

mus-Tard Unknown Newbie
-29'c here last week. any way, one day similar issue l guess, blower fan was not working in the car. turn the fan on and could slightly hear a little bump or something ( just one). any way. left it, used the other car. days later tryed again and worked fine.

l think was just frozen.