Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Dodge Talk

Old 10-14-2013, 08:49 PM
I got kicked and now have a
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Cummins Deletes

I had emailed a member last year who gave me a quote on a tuner and DPF delete pipe but can't remember who it was and lost that email! Any suggestions where to buy the parts in BC? 2012 Cummins G56, want to put turbo back exhaust on with some sort of muffler, EGR and cooler delete, a tuner and pyro with it's own gauge. What's the best tuner out there? Some guys say Mini max and others say smarty jr? I want to have access to engine parameters and ability to change tune while driving.

Wondering who's done a delete on a late model 6.7 and how it's been afterward? Apparently the '10s and newer are more finicky then the first 6.7's. Hate to give up my powertrain warranty but the truck is gutless around town, and really bad when towing at highway speeds if I hit any sort of hill. Plus it gets shittier fuel economy on the highway (empty not towing) then around town!
Old 10-14-2013, 09:29 PM
funny, your daughter calls me daddy too
Swollen Member

Toyquad Good newbie
Used to be h&s for tuners i believe. But the epa fined the shit outta them.
Delete kits are harder to get as they are starting to crack down on the companies making them.

I looked into this about 6 months ago when i was going to buy new. One of the reasons i went used and 5.9l.

I asked on a few other forums when i was looking. Got lots of info. I will try and search for it.

Whatever you do keep all the stock parts. Rumor has it they are going to be checking for dpfs etc at random roadside checks.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:53 PM
GIVIN'R SHIT

TWOZEROFOUR Unknown Newbie
Alligator perf in Spokane, you go for lunch and beer they dial er in. 3-5 hrs all the shit you want done I wanna say 900-1200 range.

if your more interbrested I can get less beer fueled info for ya
Old 10-15-2013, 09:30 PM
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
I got an email back from H&S they say the international tuners have dpf delete but I need documentation that states my vehicle is not legally required to have any of the emissions that came with it. Sounds like they are just covering their ass. I would rather buy in Canada and avoid that kind of legal bs.

A guy at work asked about deletes from a shop in Spokane and they wouldn't do it, EPA regulations and big fines involved. Someone in Canada has to sell the tuners and delete kits? Would like to buy from a place that is recommended from someone who has used them.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:32 PM
Make your own-
Swollen Member

Ginger Snaps Good newbie
Bc diesel, PDR diesel both great shops to deal with and both use h&s
Old 10-16-2013, 10:29 PM
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Thanks, I'll give them a shout!
Old 10-16-2013, 11:40 PM

Leitchy12 Good newbie
Go with peak diesel preformance best shop in the lower mainland hands down they know there shit and good deals
Old 10-23-2013, 08:51 AM
Make your own-
Swollen Member

Ginger Snaps Good newbie
I don't think peak does installations
Old 10-23-2013, 07:10 PM
Nothing Runs Like a Deere

85chevy Good newbie
Won't matter same thing applies in Canada u cannot remove anything emissions related and with everything requiring them from cars and trucks to heavy equipment that will be there next thing on the hit list with air care going away they will need something to make money they already know lots of people have done it just start handing out the fines.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:13 PM
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85chevy View Post
Won't matter same thing applies in Canada u cannot remove anything emissions related and with everything requiring them from cars and trucks to heavy equipment that will be there next thing on the hit list with air care going away they will need something to make money they already know lots of people have done it just start handing out the fines.
Oh I know you aren't supposed to remove any emissions, been that way for a long time. CVIP regs state it's a fail if there's no cat on a '86 or newer (could have changed the year since I last looked) even though a cat has nothing to do with a safety inspection.

If I do the deletes I'll definitely be holding onto all the parts in the event someone says they have to go back on.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:56 PM
funny, your daughter calls me daddy too
Swollen Member

Toyquad Good newbie
Take if off asap. The egr kills the engine. Even if you have to put it back on in a year or two, its still worth it as your engine will last that much longer
Old 10-13-2015, 08:50 PM
Outback adventurer

ramintony Good newbie
I bought my exhaust and egr delete from bc diesel in surrey for my 2010 cummins and i installed it my self pretty simple install but they can do it there for you as for tuning I would go with efi lve thats what I got and I love it pm if you got any questions or need help