Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add '' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 10-07-2013, 08:18 AM
i have a fullsize
Swollen Member
regulate34 Good newbie
I don't go out with out a gun in the truck or on the quad. I have never had a bad encounter with a bear. I don't carry a firearm because of bear.

got this one 1 week ago today.
"out in the sticks with my f150 and my 30-06,12g,.410,.22,.22wmr............"
Old 10-07-2013, 11:53 AM
I wish i had a
Swollen Member
Chopstick has a spectacular aura aboutChopstick has a spectacular aura aboutChopstick has a spectacular aura about
Show off!
Old 10-07-2013, 12:29 PM
Gettin' out havin' fun
bigrig81 Good newbie
Never take a gun when hiking unless I'm hunting or in heavy bear country and even then, usually just spray. Unless my wifey is nervous about them. Ran into a few hiking, but have never had any bad encounters. ... oh but I do always carry a knife. If you are away from the city (not accustomed to humans) the chances of having a problem with a black bear is really low and if you know how to read them, the chances of getting out of a sticky situation is much better
One needs only two things in life;WD-40 to make things go,and Duct Tape to make them stop.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:32 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about
levigardiner Good newbie
never had a problem with bears, they come into camp when the dogs aint around but i dont bother gettin out of bed for the black ones, yell at them and there gone, the grizzly's however are a different story, i havent had much conflict with them, just at a distance admiring, but if i did, thats sort of a shoot first ask later gig
90 Blazer. Breaking more than repairing
Old 10-09-2013, 11:34 AM
cornbinder on coils
Swollen Member
epic3 bad newbie
I got a man eatting miny dashund. No bears dare come near us! That and Chopstick is right keep you away and your campsite clean and you wont have an issue.
founding member of A.A.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:18 AM
Swollen Member
4skin Good newbie
I just gave the bears directions to happypants place
My problem solved
Old 10-24-2013, 11:46 AM
I cunt spelll verry good
Swollen Member
Squishy bad newbie
where I was logging last winter (big creek) there were a few grizzlys that would hang out/pass through the logging blocks. some guys carry bear spray in there machine, some pack rifles in the pickup. its a long few km's walk back to the shop trailer if your machine breaks down in the middle of the night.

Ive been told bear spray is more effective than a gun on a charging bear.

when out hiking a good dog is better than anything IMO any good dog worth its weight will put the run on a bear or let you know something is around
I got the Jeep thing, now it burns when I pee...
Old 10-24-2013, 08:50 PM
I got kicked and now have a
Swollen Member
kootenaycat bad newbie
Originally Posted by Squishy View Post

Ive been told bear spray is more effective than a gun on a charging bear.

when out hiking a good dog is better than anything IMO any good dog worth its weight will put the run on a bear or let you know something is around
If you're downwind (and it's strong) I'm pretty sure you'll be wishing you had a gun vs bear spray when you've blinded yourself and can't breathe ha ha!

Arjan, not sure about that bear survey but if they can read then we have bigger things to worry about !
Old 10-26-2013, 07:31 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about
Bulldozer Good newbie

Had a bear crush my folding picnic table up Meager way. One paw up and crunch it went down. Guess he/she smelt something on the table altho it was empty. I launched a bear banger out the door forgetting I had set a tarp up. Dang banger came back down on top of me. Still scared the bear away and scarred my eardrums.
Same week-end saw a grizz ripping a black apart.

I carry the pen type bear banger and a air horn when hiking about. I want the double barrel banger...

The animal I fear the most is the cougar, my encounter with a cougar up Nahatlatch was scarey. Huge adult and didn't flinch from my aggression, throwing rocks, sticks and slanderous rants.
Soak Well And Be Calmed.

Last edited by Bulldozer : 10-26-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:42 PM
RawK Good newbie
While I was working in secluded areas putting in new roads and making pads for drill rigs there were lots of bears.Grizzlies and Blackbears. I have broken my dozer and had to hoof it back to the truck a time or two. Never had so much as a woof out of the bears I saw. At camp we always had at least 1 bear dog. The camp's garbage bin attracted the bears for sure. The camps bathroom trailers and rooming trailers were not connected meaning you'd be walking outside in the middle of the night to take a piss. Good bear dog made sure they never came into camp tho. Historically I don't think anybody has ever been killed who had a can of bear spray. People have been killed who had firearms.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:18 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.
Swollen Member
RCCruiser Good newbie
2007 FJ Cruiser OME 3" lift, 37" BFG KM2's, E-locker. 89 4Runner Injected 5L. 85 Suzuki LWB. Toyota axles, engine, etc. 38's on recentered Hummer H1's. 75 Celica. Very modified.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:22 PM
Roy bad newbie
Friend in Ridge woke up one morning to find TWO bears locked in the cab of her Dodge. She's a farrier and had horse cookies in the truck. Opened the door and the bears took off. Over $7000 in damage. ICBC paid for the repairs.