Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Chevy ramblings

Old 06-14-2013, 09:29 AM
Nothin' but a post whore

godtool bad newbie
81 Jimmy resurrected lol

So finally got a my 81 Jiimmy running again yesterday. Over winter bolted in a 700R4. This week I cleaned out carb, installed new carb kit and bolted it back on. I had to put dist back in since buddy took it out a year ago to scavenge parts. Took it for a burn and as I'm driving it down driveway in 4 low and as it hits 3rd gear this horrible wobble in front end. The truck front is wobbling back and forth like a foot to each side. I look out at drivers tire and its like whipping back and forth like I'm whipping steering wheel back and forth BUT IN REALITY I'M HOLDING STEERING WHEEL STRAIGHT. Now just as I type this a buddy calls me and I tell him. He says worst thing could be bent axle to the very least worn wheel bearings, bad tie rod ends, or ball joints. I had a dana 44 underneath but I had put this dana 60 in just before I parked it back in 2011. So hopefully do some trouble shooting on it soon! And yes I'll get a pic of it .
Old 06-14-2013, 09:42 AM
runnin into walls with a
Swollen Member

Punk in Drublic bad newbie
good ole death wobble
Old 06-14-2013, 11:38 AM
jamming in my
Swollen Member

procircuit Good newbie
pics or it didn't happen.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:24 PM
Nothin' but a post whore

godtool bad newbie
So rebuilt this carb for my 305 until I can put in my sb400 or locate a running 454. I found out how to adjust this yet if you drill out plug in top cover you can tap it and put a plug in it. Yet can you actually hear engine running different when adjusting it at idle?? I took it out when I shouldnt have I guess but I think it was in 5 turns so kind of put it back in the way it looked here before I took it and the power piston out.

So just took these pics today in the rain after a bit of mudding yesterday. I wanted to go for a rd drive but it would "death wobble" by the time I hit 3rd gear in 4 low lmao. Mud holes were fun in 4 low with hubs unlocked .

See dana 60 underneath...

Me and others were taking parts off it like lights and covers so going to start doing that in next few weeks. Beard susp seat on drivers side.

Police wanted to put an inspection order on it a few yrs back so I took it off rd to fix up rust. So I hope to patch it with short hair fg. I have rear quarters yet I dont think body is worth fixing up. Front cab mounts still kinda solid yet lots of materuial rusted out and gone... CJ8 jeep body in the works for a re &re. The polive in Abby wouldnt pull this over right ??

Just going to put all 4 lights on and a custom fabbed expanded metal grill I'm making. I want to insure it to drive locally and then trailer it to the mud bogs at Scotty Lang's in August on Tatton Rd up here. So hopefully just worn tie rod ends and a new dampner to cure the death wobble .

Last edited by godtool : 06-14-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:32 PM
Nothin' but a post whore

godtool bad newbie
Never did get the insp. order so going to drive it as is locally and no more maneuvers thatt attracted the police to pull me over like the last time Spray foam and\or Fiber glass it for now...
Old 06-17-2013, 01:18 PM
Nothin' but a post whore

godtool bad newbie
So far everything is pretty tight. I'm thinking toe in may be out?? I'll check that...
Old 06-17-2013, 01:36 PM
jamming in my
Swollen Member

procircuit Good newbie
to be safe you better burn it and claim insurance
Old 06-17-2013, 01:37 PM
Nothin' but a post whore

godtool bad newbie
. Would i get a lot of $$ for 1 ton running gar and lift .
Old 06-17-2013, 02:07 PM
jamming in my
Swollen Member

procircuit Good newbie
not sure what norther " gar " are going for these days
Old 06-18-2013, 08:06 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

SHORTBOXCHEVY Unknown Newbie
My buddy had the same death wobble issue as you, after swapping out for one tons in his chevy longbox(4in lift, 38s), sounds odd but all he did was throw a set of shims in and a steering block(he was running stock steering) in the front and all his problems went away! May not be your problem but thought id throw it out there
Old 06-18-2013, 10:02 PM
GIVIN'R SHIT

TWOZEROFOUR Unknown Newbie
every time I get death wobble so bad the rear wheel hops off The ground and my head hits the roof. Toe Set and Fresh steering Stabilizer . Drives like new again. Amazing what a proper toe set on a rack will do.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:52 PM
Nothin' but a post whore

godtool bad newbie
I just did that and problem solved. A new steering stabilizer and all good again. Toe-in looks to be about 1/8" - 1/4". Hope to put some insurance on it soon...