Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:43 PM
Prospect

hockeyryan Good newbie
Long weekend rant

Well this long weekend was a good one for sure. Went up to Skagit after the girlfriend got off work Saturday, first time up there. Did some shooting and some drinking with some good friends. Well on to the rant now... WTF is up with people!!! Why the hell cant people pick up the shit that they brought in?!? First theres all the fucking grads leaving their garbage all over the place, then you have the people who will leave bags right on there site when theres a garbage can on the next site over... If you spend the time bagging it all up why not walk it over to the can? For the people that have camped or explored that area, you probably have seen the amount of garbage cans. Its not like there is one just at the start of the fsr. Well that's the end of my rant.

Hope everyone had a great and safe long weekend
Old 05-20-2013, 09:49 PM
Gettin' out havin' fun

96_z71 Good newbie
Know what you mean. Had an awesome weekend as well up at Jones lake. We always end up bringing out more shit than we bring in, always cleaning up after losers that leave shit everywhere.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:19 AM
Edit Title in 'User CP'

fullsizebronco Unknown Newbie
People today are so fricking lazy and inconsiderate these days I'm surprised they even make the effort to go camping in the first place it blows me away ...glad you had fun I was stuck in camp so I didn't have a long weekend...
Old 05-21-2013, 12:00 PM
runnin into walls with a
Swollen Member

Punk in Drublic bad newbie
funny, sisnt have any of these problems where we were i think ill be up there again next year.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:01 PM
Outback adventurer

lil'finger Good newbie
Went up to Harrison 32ish km up the road and the amount of garbage that the ravers and grads left up there is rediculous. We actually had grads across from us that surrounded a car with an elderly couple in it with baseball bats, hatchets and sticks. Their disrespect for the area is fucking rediculous
Old 05-21-2013, 06:15 PM
winter camping give me a
Swollen Member

Honky bad newbie
yup that sounds about right.

fucking grads!
Old 05-21-2013, 06:53 PM
Rollin like a redneck
Swollen Member

Happypants Good newbie
Sounds right, we left our spot immaculate, even cleaned up all the shells/casings from shooting as well,

People are inconsiderate and disrespectful, don't let it get to you,
Old 05-21-2013, 07:05 PM
take off eh
Swollen Member

hoser Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil'finger View Post
Went up to Harrison 32ish km up the road and the amount of garbage that the ravers and grads left up there is rediculous. We actually had grads across from us that surrounded a car with an elderly couple in it with baseball bats, hatchets and sticks. Their disrespect for the area is fucking rediculous

Wow harassing an elderly couple.....sounds like some
tough guys that need a nice punch in the throat!
Old 05-21-2013, 07:32 PM
Outback adventurer

toyotaAlex Good newbie
i was 64km up harrison so it was pretty much just us. ill definitely be going back to the site we were at.
there is no reason to leave your garbage, the stuff that is paper or cardboard can be burned and the plastics can be easily bagged. its just laziness and what they have learned from having everything done for them by their parents
Old 05-21-2013, 07:40 PM
Prospect

hockeyryan Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil'finger View Post
Holy shit. That's just so wrong on so many levels Idk how the hell kids think that's fun... wait figured it out, they don't think.
Ill admit that our site looked pretty bad during the week but the morning/afternoon that we are leaving it will look like we have never been there. And some with shooting shells/casings and targets are all picked up to. I know that its the same old thing every long weekend but it still bugs me. How long till they just start shutting it down on long weekends to avoid this problem all together.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:43 PM
My name goes well with a
Swollen Member

vajayjay Good newbie
It's funny, I saw a thing on the news about how Whistler gets big damages from Grads every year too. So they not only trash the wilderness but the rich city kids destroy their hotels too

I blew up my stroke so I got a bigger cummin
Old 05-21-2013, 08:16 PM
Outback adventurer

toyotaAlex Good newbie
yeah. it doesnt take much effort or time to clean up after yourself. i wish those kids would realize the effect they have.
there was a sign on the gate that said closed for the long weekend. my convoy arrived just as the guy who locked it was driving around the corner...
Old 05-21-2013, 08:18 PM
Rollin like a redneck
Swollen Member

Happypants Good newbie
This generation is fucked...