Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Ford discussions

Old 03-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

girlcrazy_4 Unknown Newbie
todays progress engine swap..

This is for skyjacker

~Budget swap~
Decided to swap out the tired 302 due to the fact it was kinda gutless and a shit-ton of blowby. Picked up a parts truck with a healthy running 351 and let the swap begin. I tried doing a hybrid clutch which was supposed to be a 4.6 clutch from a 2002 mustang, but with the amount of differences I was unsure if it was going to work. I used the disk, but my OEM pressure plate mounted to a brand new flywheel. All said and done, it got dark out sooner than expected so i'll finish it in the morning. Still lots to do, but atleast it runs. No manifolds, vacuum lines are all messed up, did a EGR delete, smog pump delete, a/c delete and anything else I figured wasnt needed I took off. I've got long-tube hooker headers that still need bolting on.

Last edited by girlcrazy_4 : 03-02-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:20 PM
ewwww mustard is gross
Swollen Member

mus-Tard Unknown Newbie
right on.

but l'll sell ya some floor dry for the driveway.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

I destroyed the driveway... Gonna bust out the pressure washer after i dump loads of sawdust down. Think I only lost about 6 liters on the ground total.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:23 PM
ewwww mustard is gross
Swollen Member

mus-Tard Unknown Newbie
I am not intending to sound like a dick or start a fight.

but 6 litres? what did you do? a full oil change without a drain pan?
Old 03-01-2013, 09:02 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

A bucket got kicked over/wrapped around air hose. Glad it runs into 1/4' gravel crush which is easy to scoop into a pail.

Last edited by girlcrazy_4 : 03-01-2013 at 09:07 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:17 PM
ewwww mustard is gross
Swollen Member

mus-Tard Unknown Newbie
well shit happens.
so long as it gets cleaned up
Old 03-01-2013, 09:35 PM
Tinker Belle loves my
Swollen Member

Tinker Good newbie
bad backyard mechanic! You say tomorrow you will go put some sawdust on it??? Ummm its pissing outside and that 6 fkn litres of oil is running into the storm drains. If it got spilled clean it up, not pressure wash it into gravel, rags and floor dry maybe a boom at the end of your driveway. Pretty irresponsible if you ask me...... just saying
Old 03-01-2013, 09:56 PM
Edit Title in 'User CP'

fullsizebronco Unknown Newbie
where he lives there is no storm drains to worry about so enough making assumptions and back to to the motor swap
Old 03-02-2013, 05:58 AM
Tinker Belle loves my
Swollen Member

Tinker Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullsizebronco View Post
where he lives there is no storm drains to worry about so enough making assumptions and back to to the motor swap

Oops my bad.....sorry. straight into the ground into somebodies well or back to a creek. Gravity works, water flows downhill to a common path just happens to take all the oil with it. I don't give a fck where ya live, dumping motor oil into the environment is shitty. Now back to cleaning up your environmental nightmare.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:34 AM
winter camping give me a
Swollen Member

Honky bad newbie
That was a lot of work for one day. Does it run yet?
Old 03-02-2013, 08:45 AM
I don't want to Edit Title in 'User CP'
Swollen Member

BC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
Oops my bad.....sorry. straight into the ground into somebodies well or back to a creek. Gravity works, water flows downhill to a common path just happens to take all the oil with it. I don't give a fck where ya live, dumping motor oil into the environment is shitty. Now back to cleaning up your environmental nightmare.

I would use the "i'm with stupid" smilie here but what Tinker is saying isnt stupid.

Sorry but seeing that motor standing stright up with oil all over makes me think you really dont give a shit about where what goes as far as fluids and the environment. Oh and just so you know antifreeze is a million times more toxic to the environment than oil so try and not be a dumbass when you go to fill your rad back up
Old 03-02-2013, 08:49 AM
Having FUN IN B.C.

Got er all cleaned up, found a bag of kitty litter thats ben here for ages.

Last edited by girlcrazy_4 : 03-02-2013 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:36 AM
Tinker Belle loves my
Swollen Member

Tinker Good newbie
Good on ya bud!

Last edited by Tinker : 03-02-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:14 AM
Edit Title in 'User CP'

fullsizebronco Unknown Newbie
im not even going to bother with a private message but i agree with being a responsible wheeler girlcrazy and i are often in the bush and either cleaning shit up or telling people to smarten the fu*k up and unfortunately you dont know me face to face so this will probably not be considered the same as if i was wheeling with you guys all the time but really??? the motor standing up was drained but we needed to pull off the pan the amount on the ground is almost fu*ck all its the water thats beside it that makes it look like a lot i can guarantee most of your vehicles on this site leak that much on the ground a year i have seen pics on here of guys jeeps and Toyotas that are soaked in oil maybe should you guys be looking under the peoples rigs before you let them go on the trail...or calling R.AP.P on them ... i never seen the bucket tipped over from what i seen there was no more than a liter on the ground the water just makes it spread and look worse than it is and that shit happens when pulling motors,trannys and t cases no matter if you drain it or not oil gets stuck inside and when you pull it out it leaks ...now his driveway is minimal i work in the oil field and that is disgusting as far as what goes on the ground you wanna call the R.AP.P on them too? even farmers lets not forget them who use all of there used motor oil to keep the dust down in there driveways ... either way im not trying to be a di*k...just point out that you guys are always quick to jump on people for anything witch i understand is real easy to do when your sitting behind a computer screen..
Old 03-02-2013, 11:00 AM
Tinker Belle loves my
Swollen Member

Tinker Good newbie

Last edited by Tinker : 03-05-2013 at 09:58 PM.