Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > General 4x4 Discussion

General 4x4 Discussion General discussion and questions that would apply to all makes.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:26 PM
Blame it on my A.d.D

Lieutenant Johnson bad newbie
Superwinch 8500- spools in automatically

So after running p2p i was winding in my winch to clean up the cable. As i finished i spooled it out to relieve tension on cable to tow hooks when it spark at the cover. Then all it would do is click in/out.

So today i took apart and noticed all contacts were contaminated. So i cleaned out all terminals and took wore brush to them. Inspected brushes and they were nOt stuck and in good cond. I attached all terminals , then when i went to attach Negative terminal back to battery , the winch started spooling in ?? No remote on it and no wires from remote to Solenoid box connected. The fat ground wire from winch wasnt even hooked up???

Super weird. When i put attach battery terminal and try to use remote in/out , while its spooling in (mindof its own) it stops, either in or out it just stops it from spooling in.

I am thinking solenoid stuck? As i have triple checked photos of how to connect power /ground and all brackets

Any help appreciated
Old 07-23-2012, 10:06 AM
Now I see what FIBC is about

canuckxj bad newbie
Todd - one of the soleniods is stuck open and probably bad and would need to replaced. Get rid of the crappy winch!
Old 07-23-2012, 10:44 AM
Blame it on my A.d.D

All fixed. Seems the solenoid was acting funny.
Definetly will get a warn when i have the dough.

But gotta hand it to this winch i have pulled myself/others over 75 times in 2 years. And it came with the jeep so definetly has got its use
Old 07-23-2012, 11:57 AM
it's 5' of
Swollen Member

D-Ass Good newbie
Try to learn to drive so u dont have to use a winch every 5 feet

Beat your children or i will beat you!
Old 07-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Blame it on my A.d.D

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Ass View Post
Try to learn to drive so u dont have to use a winch every 5 feet
Good one ... Cuz thats what i do... Didnt u get a boat cuz u always park ur jeep at the start of a trail