Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 03-03-2012, 11:32 AM
Old & Wrinkled
Swollen Member

Bushwack Good newbie
Eagle Key new rules!!

Hello 4x4 Lovers,

A new deposit system will go into place on Monday (March 5) for 4x4 users who wish to obtain a key for the gate to the Eagle Mountain trails (top of Parkway and Plateau Blvd). There will be a sign posted at the gate which says the lock has been changed and a deposit is now required to obtain a new key.

Please go to the Animal Shelter (500 Mariner Way) to pay the $50 deposit. The Animal shelter will verify payment on an Agreement form which you will take next door to the Public Works Yard Reception. Reception will have the you fill out the form and provide ID and registration before giving you a key. They are open Mon - Fri from 8am - 4pm.

I regret having to make these changes. The gate has been left open and the lock taken or discarded numerous times. A City water reservoir is located behind the gate and an open gate puts both the infrastructure and public safety at risk. There are also increasing costs to maintain this program for lock replacement, key cutting and staff time to attend to the gate issues.

Before I get any feedback telling me that it is only the irresponsible people that do this, please consider that only a 4x4 user with a signed out key could have opened the lock and left it unlocked or taken it. Each of you with a key signed a waiver which stated you would be responsible for your activity in the area, including the locking of the gate behind you. When you choose to leave the gate unlocked, you put your own access to this area and this entire program at risk of termination.

Happy trails,

Melony Burton AScT
Engineering Technologist
City of Coquitlam
Infrastructure Management
mburton@coquitlam.ca
P: 604-927-6313
F: 604-927-6229
Old 03-03-2012, 11:59 AM
loosing pavement gives me a
Swollen Member

Trailjunkie Good newbie
asshats ruining it for everyone. like she said if the key holders did what they agreed to do this would not be happening.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Rollin like a redneck
Swollen Member

Happypants Good newbie
That's the thing, anyone, weather they be the retards dumping shit and burning cars to avid 4x4ers, can obtain a key, most ppl think, oh I'll pay for a key and leave the gate open for the rest of the
Morons who want to come up eagle anytime, noone ever comes up here to check the gate, eventually it's gonna be locked for good and nobody will be granted access there, well...till the gate is ripped out or a trail is cut through
Old 03-03-2012, 02:23 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

BuckNaked Good newbie
well whatever it is, at least they are taking appropriate action to deal with it, cause like you said there is morons everywhere. Its sucks we gottas pay 50 bones more, but at least it will help keep the place open
Old 03-03-2012, 03:41 PM
Rollin like a redneck
Swollen Member

Happypants Good newbie
Ya but for how long Chris?
Old 03-03-2012, 04:03 PM
mushroom capped

atoyot Good newbie
id pay alot more than that to have access.............no problem

.ill be there first thing in the am gettin a key!!!! n returnin my old one......

.time for another key run me thinks.......

.ahhh he first golden key run......

..part 1
http://youtu.be/NpUS79G8Ihw

part 2
http://youtu.be/ii2Koqz-c_k

was some gooood times guys!!!!

n another key day...

http://youtu.be/M0KZfkNBfXg

Old 03-03-2012, 09:21 PM
it's 5' of
Swollen Member

D-Ass Good newbie
Good times!!!

Beat your children or i will beat you!
Old 03-03-2012, 10:27 PM
I wish i had a
Swollen Member

Chopstick has a spectacular aura aboutChopstick has a spectacular aura aboutChopstick has a spectacular aura about
guess i'll have to get my ass down there on my days off to get a key
Old 03-04-2012, 03:33 AM
Tinker Belle loves my
Swollen Member

Tinker Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstick View Post
guess i'll have to get my ass down there on my days off to get a key
Good idea, it is the responsibility of "the bitch" to open gates. Since you don't wheel your own truck it will be handy to have your own key so others can take you wheeling.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Team Cliqueless
Swollen Member

UU is a splendid one to beholdUU is a splendid one to beholdUU is a splendid one to beholdUU is a splendid one to beholdUU is a splendid one to beholdUU is a splendid one to behold
I don't want to see this area get closed down; there are some nice obstacles up there and it's always nice to have a fire at one of the lookouts, so

lock the gate behind you; if someone is running late, too fucking bad, or if you cant commit to a full day (I don't know when I'll be home), don't come.

Or get yer own key and lock the gate behind you.

Old 03-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Rollin like a redneck
Swollen Member

Happypants Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by UU View Post
I don't want to see this area get closed down; there are some nice obstacles up there and it's always nice to have a fire at one of the lookouts, so

lock the gate behind you; if someone is running late, too fucking bad, or if you cant commit to a full day (I don't know when I'll be home), don't come.

Or get yer own key and lock the gate behind you.

fuckin rights
Old 03-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Prospect

idunnowindows Good newbie
I'll be there getting a key, let's hope $50 is enough to keep the riff raff out and a costly reminder to Lock the gate behind you!
Old 03-04-2012, 05:40 PM
The lockeless monster
Swollen Member

Pegleg bad newbie
yup lock it behind you...... they did the same thing for blue mnt back in the late 90 s,but they scrapped the key thing because people just left it open....
Old 03-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Blame it on my A.d.D

Lieutenant Johnson bad newbie
Such a close place to wheel. Like Walt says , a couple wicked obstacles that change every year. Good times for sure
Old 03-07-2012, 05:52 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

evdog Good newbie
The city should some how attach the locks to the gate by chain or something so people can't lose them. Looks like I gotta get a new key now. Even if its left open lock it if people don't have a key and their locked in screw them.