Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Jeep Talk

Jeep Talk The only true 4x4

Old 01-29-2012, 09:51 PM
Rookie

cherokeewheeler Good newbie
Question hydro breaks

so heres the deal with my xj i have hydro break booster and i need to change it over to Vacuum i have the parts wich i got from garys but i work monday to friday and i work long hours anywere from 8-13 hours a day. so anyways this projest is beond me but is there anyone out there that knows xj's really well that would be willing to give me a hand on the weekend also my oil pressure gage just stoped working and my battery meter anyone know where those connect? thanks Neil
Old 01-29-2012, 10:08 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

64CJ6Willy Good newbie
Fuck i wish i could help, but between the job, wife, kids, willy's, yj .J20, camper, Pink doors, and mazda, I'm all out of Fucking time!

65 an hour and we might talk!

I'm a peice of shit, I treat women like shit because I'm a fucking douchebag and I deserve to have my face dragged across concrete,
Old 01-29-2012, 10:15 PM
Cact
Swollen Member

4skin Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeewheeler View Post
so heres the deal with my xj i have hydro break booster and i need to change it over to Vacuum i have the parts wich i got from garys but i work monday to friday and i work long hours anywere from 8-13 hours a day. so anyways this projest is beond me but is there anyone out there that knows xj's really well that would be willing to give me a hand on the weekend also my oil pressure gage just stoped working and my battery meter anyone know where those connect? thanks Neil
why hydro is a much better system than vacume
why do you think so many peeps go to it in modified rigs
just sayin
Old 01-29-2012, 10:41 PM
Rookie

well my breaks dont work well sometimes not very much at all and i just wanna see if i get get some help do something to make them better i know nothing about jeeps yet.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:31 PM
Cact
Swollen Member

4skin Good newbie
whats the power steering fluid fluid look like clean or dark and burnt smelling
check your calipers make shure there not seized
pull the master cyl away from the booster look if its leaking out the back
pull the rear drums make shure the adjusters are free
and adjust rear brakes till there is slight drag when turning drum
by slight is you can hear it rubbing but barely feel it
usualy the hydro boost part dosnt cause problems
Old 01-29-2012, 11:33 PM
Rookie

i am not to good at workin on stuff yet would someone be able to give me a hand lookin at my jeep maybe sometime when there working on there own or something so they dont go outta the way for me?