Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Jeep Talk

Jeep Talk The only true 4x4

Old 01-07-2012, 10:14 AM
Now I see what FIBC is about

giggityjeep Unknown Newbie
I get to rebuild it AGAIN....

Well, serves me right for cleaing out my carport on a nice winter day... temp climbed to ALMOST +1 the other day , so I cleaned out my crap from the carport, figured I would return the bottles from the holidays, loaded up the jeep, and mind you its like 2 in the afternoon, head to hte depot, come around the corner and out of nowhere, BLAM... roadblock.... something like this

RCMP... 'nice rig'

Me 'thanks'

RCMP 'where ya headed...'

ME ' I turn look at hte load of bottles...'umm the depot' then to pick up the kids from school', its like 2 blocks from where I am

RCMP 'whatcha do with this'

Me 'take the kids fishing' 'haul u guys out of the snow in the winter' figured I would try some humor... we do some help me Im stuck work in the winter for the locals.....

I know whats coming, my jeep currently has no mirrors, no mud flaps, no ebrake and a burnt out taillight, its know around town, (small town) so its not like Im some local gangbanger.... anyhow

RCMP... 'ssoooo.... when did ya have it inspected last'

ME ____________________________________________ you can fill in the blanks

I bit my tongue and figured, well I had it coming.....

So over course of hte next few months I guess since my hand is forced, I will tear down and rebuild AGAIN.... if ya know me I JUST finished the SOA springs basically, and this year was the first year I had to go wheeling in a couple so Im a little peeevevveeddd......

It NEEDS, small ****, ebrakes, the mirrors, nothing really glaring, when we did hte SOA, most everything got replaced/fixed etc..... I have a couple of concerns wih the highsteer and the frame fix.... most here wont know what the highsteer is, so Im gonna check wiht my shop here and see what they say...

anyhow here it is in all its glory.....

Dont know what color it will be, or where this will end at this point.... someone on jeepforum has a burnt orange one and I like it so I may copy them... sorry.. my daughter wants lime green, but ya..... :cheers:

what I KNOW so far is its getting a V8.... an 8.8 in the rear... geared to .... Im thinking somewhere around 4.56... will have 36 TSL under it...

and wait for it.... the 30 in the front..... welded mind ya... and we will go from there on that one..... prolly not go very far... LOL.. but ya

SM465 trans.... umm metal cloak Fronts with 4" flares and bigger Smitty in the rear, built bumper in the rear with swingout.....

oh and mirrors of course... :2thumbsup:

ahhh tear down begins Saturday....
Old 01-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Big Poppa Sharp
Swollen Member

Legend bad newbie
ahh man gotta hate the hassle some times eh, but i guess its a good excuse to do the v8 swap. Were you all ready running the welded 30? did you brake it much? nice rig and good luck with the rebuild and inspection.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:06 PM
iEdited my Title in 'User CP'

Hellboy Unknown Newbie
That sucks. I was in a roadblock in my jeep but it was midnight so they couldn't see shit. That and mines pretty street legal I think besides some minor stuff like flaps and a mirror...

Good luck with the fix
Old 01-09-2012, 08:39 AM
Now I see what FIBC is about

giggityjeep Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend View Post
ahh man gotta hate the hassle some times eh, but i guess its a good excuse to do the v8 swap. Were you all ready running the welded 30? did you brake it much? nice rig and good luck with the rebuild and inspection.
never broke it, I have a posi so it a selectable locker this way.....

Im not a throttle happy guy, I have had zippo for problesm from my diffs....