Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Jeep Talk

Jeep Talk The only true 4x4

Old 12-27-2011, 01:38 PM

kiyokim35 Unknown Newbie
77 jeep cherookee

i am in need of a tranny for my jeep. it has a 360 motor in it and the tranny is a 727 so i have been told. i am looking for one that size or something that would fit and give my jeep what it needs. please help me find one. if i dont find one byfebuary or march then i have to get rid of my jeep. i dont want to cause the kids love to go to stave and play in the mud. i have tried most auto wreckers and no one has one that will fit or for the right price. please help me keep my rig
Old 12-27-2011, 01:53 PM
seem to have lost my
Swollen Member

Nutbar Good newbie
A 77 Cherokee will be an AMC cased turbo 400, and there is 2 different versions of that trans, 1 for the full-time quadra trac transfercase and 1 for the part time Dana 20 transfercase. The 727 was not used until 1980 and is not really a viable swap for a turbo 400 equipped truck, to many changes were made to the Cherokee when jeep started using the 727.

Even team Cliqueless doesn't want me
Old 12-27-2011, 05:09 PM

kiyokim35 Unknown Newbie
77 jeep cherookee

thanks for the input. but how can i find out what tranny i have and where to get one that will fit and work for my jeep to get it back on the road. can u please help me on that or give me some kind of direction. i was thinking of getting it rebuilt but i think it would cost to much.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:33 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

64CJ6Willy Good newbie
Yes Nutbar is all over that one. I do know of one, and will pass on the info to him. Yep TH-400 or THM-400. I has one as well that I am using.

I'm a peice of shit, I treat women like shit because I'm a fucking douchebag and I deserve to have my face dragged across concrete,
Old 12-27-2011, 09:35 PM
The on board nurse is still scared of
Swollen Member

Always broke bad newbie
Yes I have the whole power train Amc 360 turbo400 and quadratrac t case in my land cruiser that I am taking the body off must go together make me an offer
Old 12-29-2011, 04:59 PM

kiyokim35 Unknown Newbie
i dont know what they cost or where abouts to beging. i was going to estimate around 700.00 dollars. now can u give me a price and i will let u know if i can afford it right now or have to save up the money for it. i havent been working for the last mounth and a half cause a medical reasons. but i will be getting some money in january that i can use to buy it. plesae be reasonable. thank you for the info
Old 01-04-2012, 06:06 PM

kiyokim35 Unknown Newbie
hey always broke. have u figered out what u would like to get for the motor and transmission that u have that would fit my 77 jeep cherokee. please let me know and i will get the money for it as soon as i can. if u can send me pics of it and tell me how many kms are on it. thank you. waiting patiently kiyokim35
Old 01-04-2012, 07:35 PM
National Lampoons
Swollen Member

Griswold Unknown Newbie
Dammmmmmm no pics........was looking forward to seeing a 77 cherokee............
Old 01-04-2012, 08:11 PM

kiyokim35 Unknown Newbie
i am on a new computer so i dont have pics yet. but it is a beast and goes anywhere i want it trying to get it ready for the summer and i need a tranny for it. i need bigger tires as well but that will cme after i get it running. it was painted about 16 different colours cause my kids wanted to paint it but now it is black cause of house insureance dude. can u help me out with finding a tranny for it
Old 01-04-2012, 08:19 PM
Frog Legs

4Lo bad newbie
This should satisfy you for a few minutes.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:53 PM
cornbinder on coils
Swollen Member

epic3 bad newbie
PM Robo he's a tranny rebuilder the T400 is stupid simple to rebuild perhaps he can build one for you in that budget. If not I'm part vulture and always wanted an old rokee to cut the roof off of
Old 01-05-2012, 03:05 PM

kiyokim35 Unknown Newbie
i dont want to get rid of it but i also want to cut the roof off of it. if u can get a hold of this Robo and get him to get a hold of me that would be great. i need to get it running and moveable before the end of febuary cause of house inspection. i need to do this as cheap as possible cause i havent been working cause of medical reasons. i like the pics of the jeeps and once i get pics of mine then i will put them on. mine is not in that good of shape but it is very fun for the kids so me getting rid of it just now i dont think i will be. sorry
Old 01-05-2012, 07:35 PM
cornbinder on coils
Swollen Member

epic3 bad newbie
Go to your private messages inbox and look to the left for the icon "send new message" click it. In the "recipient" header type in "ROBO" put a title in the message "title" header and start writin your message then click "send" and voila all done. Hopefully he gets back to ya quick. He usually does and you'll be back out there in a jiffy.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:45 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

64CJ6Willy Good newbie
or click members and find his name

I'm a peice of shit, I treat women like shit because I'm a fucking douchebag and I deserve to have my face dragged across concrete,
Old 01-06-2012, 12:00 PM

kiyokim35 Unknown Newbie
just want to say thamnk u to the guys that sent me in the right direction to see if i can get my tranny fixed. this is why i joined up in funinbc is because no matter how bug the problem is there is always someone out there that knows someone that can help. i cant wait to meet some of u guys out at stave lake or any other area or event. this is the year that i will be trying to get out to all the event that u guys haqve and see what my jeep can do. king of the pit is one event this year i will be not missing just for the fact that i think my jeep can make it through. thank u guys again for all the help u have given me