Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Chevy ramblings

Old 12-12-2011, 09:21 AM
Nothin' but a post whore

godtool bad newbie
2003 Chev 4x4 skipping??

So when driving along in 2 High and hit my push button t-case selector and shift into 4 High I hear grating noise as it engages. As far as I know this engaging occurs in front diff or ??. Then about a week after that started when I put he skinny pedal to the floor in 4H or 4L I hear a loud click\skipping noise coming I think from front drivers hub. I put new cv axles in front a year ago and drivers unit bearing maybe 6 years ago. Passenger front unit bearing done about 2 yrs ago. I jacked the front end up and cv axles seem fine yet front drivers hub makes a squeaking noise when you rotate tire back and forth when jacked up off ground. So this loud clicking noise... can it come from a hub slipping or what?? Going to pull drivers side apart today and see if I can see or feel anything really obvious. There is 300,000 kms on truck and front diff and tcase never been apart.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Nothing Runs Like a Deere

85chevy Good newbie
Check the Actuator? because ur always spinning the t-case and front output shaft on it
Old 12-12-2011, 04:41 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

64CJ6Willy Good newbie
Yep get a cable actuator and get rid of the electric one. Posi-lock I think it's called.

I'm a peice of shit, I treat women like shit because I'm a fucking douchebag and I deserve to have my face dragged across concrete,
Old 12-12-2011, 06:03 PM
runnin into walls with a
Swollen Member

Punk in Drublic bad newbie
yea posi lock

198 bux + tax, stock actuator is 150 and suck balls. this cable is the way to go.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:06 AM
Nothin' but a post whore

godtool bad newbie
Well there is an electric gizmo on front passenger side of diff. Is trhat the actuator? Who stocks this cable and does it attach to t-case??
Old 12-13-2011, 07:37 AM
Nothin' but a post whore

godtool bad newbie
I found out about posi-lock on internet. It says in the troubleshooting guide at: http://www.4x4posi-lok.com/

"Remove TLA. Insert six (6) inch dowel rod and push the fork until it stops. Check for free movement of the fork and shift collar [Fig. 3]. (To ensure spline alignment, slight rotation of one axle may be necessary.) If the shift fork and collar slide freely, reinstall the TLA and see step 2. If the shift fork and collar do not slide freely, there may be internal differential damage due to incomplete actuator engagement. Major differential service is required and must be repaired before proceeding."

So is the clicking a grating noise during shifting the actuator not fully engaging? Frig, I hope the grating noise does not mean internal damage... I'm going to call the guy at http://www.4x4posi-lok.ca/ since its a Vancouver number and see if I can get a cable system for my 03. On the website it does not list one for an 03.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:16 PM
Nothin' but a post whore

godtool bad newbie
Turns out no posi-lock for 03 Silverado. I checked actuator and it works fine. The only thing I see that has excessive play is the front yoke that goes into the t-case. It move up and down 1/8" or more. I was told from the guy at posi-lock that the splines inside that yokje could be stripped and slipping underr excessive load, like when I put the pedal to the metal. When I switch from 4Low to 4High while in neutral there is a loud jarring clunk. My rear yoke that slides into back of transfercase has some up and down slop too yet not near as much as front driveshaft yoke coming out of t-case.

Going to have it road tested tommorrow by GM. Hopefully its an easy fix.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:15 AM
Having FUN IN B.C.

64CJ6Willy Good newbie
So?
What size did GM make your Sphincter?

I'm a peice of shit, I treat women like shit because I'm a fucking douchebag and I deserve to have my face dragged across concrete,
Old 12-15-2011, 08:21 AM
Nothin' but a post whore

godtool bad newbie
You mean the spline on the front of the t-case?
Old 12-15-2011, 10:12 AM
jamming in my
Swollen Member

procircuit Good newbie
implying by going to gm you got raped..
Old 12-23-2011, 01:26 PM
Nothin' but a post whore

godtool bad newbie
My mechanic buddy figures the front ds is binding. Both ujoints have 300,000 kms on them so maybe once I take it off there may be some binding that I can feel by hand or see. GM wanted $$ to put it on hoist so I left. If its ty-case buddy said we can fix it on the truck. Will take front ds off in new year, check it and drive truck without it on if needed in 4H to see if sound goes away....