Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Jeep Talk

Jeep Talk The only true 4x4

Old 10-21-2011, 07:41 AM

Bteck Good newbie
97 Grand Cherokee ltd/orvis project

Here are some pictures of my jeep and what it looks like now. I will update you all as I progress. I do like peoples opinions as well this is going to be my first jeep build so to me it is like playing with a model I havenít ordered any parts yet Iím going to first make sure all is well and fix anything that is wrong with it first. There is an issue that I have been told of buy the previous owner that the back bearings and seals have to be change so that is first. Motor is in mint condition so that is one thing I donít have to worry about. The reason I chose the grand Cherokee is on comfort plus I have seen that people can set them up to camp in donít need a tent yes you got it lazy when we had our Chevy it was a pain to always cart everything out for a night to rip it all down to get going so we are going to try this out. I will tell what my plans are I would like to put a 4Ē1/2 lift in it then maybe some cool rims and 31ís or 35ís for tiers witch ever fits the best to give me good clearance roof rack for my stuff front and back bumper package with winch and a light package I havenít figured everything out of what I want yet but it will all come out at the end to be a cool ride for the bush and street to if we donít totally smash it up

here is a side view the guy I bought it from looked ofter it at least

the front looks cool but needs a steal bumper and winch rocks would do a number on this bumper

back bumper needs steal to I think

well there it is what so you guys think?
Old 10-21-2011, 11:44 AM
Now I see what FIBC is about

giggityjeep Unknown Newbie
where is the Orvis part of this priject.... are you wanting to make it look liek an orvis edition....?

cause I think those are kinda ugly anyhow

or is this one of hte rare driftwood colors.... only ever seen green ones
Old 10-21-2011, 12:12 PM

Bteck Good newbie
When I had our jeep dealer run the vin# that is what they told me it was but the original owner had it custom ordered with a pearl whit what you see is how it was ordered from factory so no I don't when to make it look like it I'm going to lift it and put kick ass tiers on it for fun in the bush.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:58 PM

giggityjeep Unknown Newbie
the interior will have 2tone green/beige leather, and it will have a V8 which I see it does...

It could be an Orvis, not many white ones around
Old 10-21-2011, 01:33 PM

Bteck Good newbie
No I was surprised to even on my registration it has the slash Orvis that is why I went to my jeep dealer to find out whatís up but at any rate it has the V8 I was liking for Iím not to concerned about the designation as long as I can get the parts that I need for the lift
Old 10-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Prospect

geezer Good newbie
I found a cool picture of what I think you might be interested in achieving with your Jeep Cherokee...
Old 10-21-2011, 02:48 PM
Prospect

geezer Good newbie
It won't upload, dammit! I just went on Google and found some really cool pics of a lifted Jeep Cherokee Orvis edition in green. Actually it looks wicked! Sorry, I am just not a 'pooter savvy guy.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:27 PM

Bteck Good newbie
Thank you Geezer do you know what your search words where or the web site address you seen it on that would work to thanks for the interest and your help
Old 10-21-2011, 06:29 PM
Prospect

geezer Good newbie
I did a Google search using their 'images' feature and typed in Jeep Orvis and bingo, up came a whole plethora of pictures that could make a starting point for your plans or an addition to what you have in mind.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:13 PM
Prospect

Newfie Unknown Newbie

33s

31s i think

With 4.5 inchs of lift you can fit 33s easy.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:24 PM
Prospect

geezer Good newbie
THATS' the one I saw on Google!
Old 10-22-2011, 09:02 AM

Bteck Good newbie
Thank you for the pictures guys that is very appreciated I was doing some searching myself and found these pictures below.

This is also a 1997 jeep grand Orvis but it is silver so the guy at my jeep dealer wasn’t telling me a story when he said you could order different colors but only from a chart of 5 different colors other than the green and driftwood. Anyway it is what it is. This jeep in the pic above has the 4.5 lift with 33”s on it looks good to I was wondering if a 4.5 lift would be to high then to add 33”s

this one is cool I like the black

Same thing lifted 4.5" with 33"s but these 33"s are 12.5 wide I don’t think I like the Idea of the tiers sticking out so far out the sides I would have to search out if I could get big enough fliers if I can get them I haven’t seen any pic’s of my jeep with them. Do any of you guys and gals have a fave place to shop for lift kits and accessories for jeeps in B.C? I usually would order from USA when I was in to mud racing. If I could find everything here in B.C I would much rather that.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:09 PM

muddyWaters Good newbie
Whats this orvis all about... Ditch the running boards! Ive got 4 inches into my v8 grand and no way i'll fit 33's...
Old 10-23-2011, 10:20 PM
iEdited my Title in 'User CP'

Hellboy Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bteck View Post

Same thing lifted 4.5" with 33"s but these 33"s are 12.5 wide I donít think I like the Idea of the tiers sticking out so far out the sides I would have to search out if I could get big enough fliers if I can get them I havenít seen any picís of my jeep with them. Do any of you guys and gals have a fave place to shop for lift kits and accessories for jeeps in B.C? I usually would order from USA when I was in to mud racing. If I could find everything here in B.C I would much rather that.

33" x 12.50 is what I run on my jeep with stock fender flares and it doesn't stick out too much. Granted, I have an XJ... Still, I'm sure finding fender flares for your Grand Cherokee won't be too hard. That or just make your own. 4.5" lift would fit 33's fine

B on this board sells Jeep stuff from his shop in ridge
Old 10-23-2011, 10:24 PM
iEdited my Title in 'User CP'

Hellboy Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyWaters View Post
Whats this orvis all about... Ditch the running boards! Ive got 4 inches into my v8 grand and no way i'll fit 33's...
Your grand has a 4 inch lift? Holy crap I thought it was stock! lmao I guess that changes my previous message...

If you chopped your fenders would they fit?