Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Dodge Talk

Old 07-26-2011, 03:13 PM
Prospect

hrd4mud Unknown Newbie
94-99 pinion yoke

My truck is a 96 12 calve 2500 with an opened fuel plate and strait pipe exaust pushing a hell of a lot of power. Dodge uses 3/8 inch bolts to hold the front driveshaft onto the d60 front axle with tiny little straps.

Was out wheeling last week and well it happened again, i snapped those huge 3/8 inch bolts holding my front driveshaft to the pinion yoke for the second time. This time I was just attempting to climb a hill so just backed down pulled the driveshaft and went main road in 2wd. First time I was in a ditch in the winter after trying to pull someone else outta the ditch had to bring in a wrecker to get me out and just bought a autowrecker replacement yoke as I coulndnt get the snapped bolts out.

Spent a while researching it dodge used a unique ujoint with an odd cup size, and the only one to use the stupid straps and 3/8 inch bolts to hold the drishaft to the axle. I found a much beefier replacement crome molly pinion yoke that uses the much stronger u-bolts instead of the weak straps and its total cost is not much more then the old rusty auto wrecker one I had previously. About 145 bucks plus shipping Hope thats the last time!

Anyone else having this issue or was it just me?