Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If its outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:19 AM
Banned

Location: Slightly North of the 49 th. Parallel... In HongCouver
Ry' & Jen Good newbie
Unhappy "Just a heads up!" From me...

Good day everybody,

As much as I would love to go wheeling with the members here in the up and coming weeks/weekends, I am not able to.
I have been in the hospital for the last four day's, ( since early Saturday evening.) The doctors figure that I have Crone's decease and I may end up having more surgery. This time removing part of my colon and intestine (I overheard the doctors talking, but they want to try some type of steroid treatment first and multiple daily injections in the hospital.) Either way I am going to be layed up in the hospital and then at home for quite some time.

BTW?
Fuck am I hungry!
The only thing I get to eat here is mystery soup broth, jello, and two 115ml cups of disgusting tasting fruit juice!
Hopefully I get out of here sometime soon!

Anyway, take care and have fun out there folks!
Ry'
Old 07-20-2011, 06:14 AM
My carbon print is the size of a crater
Swollen Member

dirka dave bad newbie

Damm. Hope everything works out for you.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:51 AM
Prospect

A6D9 bad newbie
This may sound dumb..but as a medical pot user. for my back..I have networked and found other medical users...and a few of them had that and they said the weed really helped with all the pain..and actualy made 2 of them go into remision.

might be somethgin to look into.

frig what can pot not do...cured cancer few mths back....
Old 07-20-2011, 08:22 AM

RIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond repute
My girlfriend has the same thing and is on the steroids. She says they have helped. Goodluck!
Old 07-20-2011, 08:51 AM
all I do is play with my
Swollen Member

CITYSLICKER bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by A6D9 View Post
This may sound dumb..but as a medical pot user. for my back..I have networked and found other medical users...and a few of them had that and they said the weed really helped with all the pain..and actualy made 2 of them go into remision.

might be somethgin to look into.

frig what can pot not do...cured cancer few mths back....
I too am a mmar holder and I know a few people also that the medical pot has helped them tooo. something to look at for relief for sure
Old 07-20-2011, 09:38 AM
has a smrt
Swollen Member

youngun bad newbie
That does not sound too good, hopefully everything works out for ya!

POT FTW!!
Old 07-20-2011, 09:49 AM
Make your own-iEdit Title in 'User CP'

crazylike bad newbie
my dad gets some kinda infusion once every couple months for his chrones but its exspensive 6000 bucks each time but it seems to work pretty well for him. might be something to ask your doctor about.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:54 AM
Banned

Location: Slightly North of the 49 th. Parallel... In HongCouver
Ry' & Jen Good newbie
I too am a card carrying member of the B.C. Compassion Club. I smoke and eat their products to control my Chronic Neuropathic chest wall pain, I.B.S., and G.E.R.D. Unfortunately it hasn't done much for the abdominal/Renal colic pain!
That and it gets bloody expensive every week.
I need the money for Heep mods!

Another 9 minutes and I get another big dose of Dilaudid and Gravol to tide me over for the next three hours.

Good to know that there are more medical marry Jane users here!

Cheers all
Ry'
Old 07-20-2011, 11:32 AM
Rollin like a redneck
Swollen Member

Happypants Good newbie
Want me to sneak ya in some real lemme know, hope all works out for ya, crones sucks man!
Old 07-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Not a Newbie

Zibi Good newbie
Sucks to hear :S I've got a buddy with it, he's up and down. Doing great right now but I know he took about 3 months off work last year because of the pain. Hoping for the best man
Old 07-20-2011, 03:14 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

-nikki- Good newbie
my best friend has the same thing and has been in and out of surgerys since i was in high school she just got another surgery done on it and i think its her 8th one so i know where your coming from hang in there!
Old 07-20-2011, 03:30 PM
iEdit Title in 'User CP'

crazybushcreature Good newbie
Ive got a friend with chrones. It sucks. She has to go in the hospital every like month cause something
Old 07-20-2011, 05:01 PM
National Lampoons
Swollen Member

Griswold Unknown Newbie
Sorry to hear dude. My thoughts and prayers are with you, not a nice thing to go through, My sisters daughter found out last year she has allcerated colitus and same with a buddy of mine. My self I have IBS...if it gets worse I'll be in your boat too. Good Luck
Old 07-20-2011, 05:59 PM
wanna see my
Swollen Member

Cookie bad newbie
i hope the best for ya. one of my friend uses pot for his crones and it seems to help. just sayin.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:31 PM
Fisting for dollars

Trooper bad newbie
DONT GET THE BOWEL RESECTION. Ive had Ulcerative Colitus since I was 12 and the drs always wanted to cut my colon out and I never ever let them. Once its out you will no longer be able to absorb water and oil soluble vitamins. Once they do a colonoscopy they will know for sure whats wrong that is if your not so inflammed they will bunch through your bowel. IBDs flair up and then calm down for a bit. Your better off living with the pain and diarehea then living with pain and daireah and a shit bag atached to you all the time. You can pm me if you need some one to talk to. Ive seen every part of the hospital and can answer allot of questions. The only thing that cured my UC was a liver transplant. All IBDS are an autoimmune disease pot helps lower yor immune responce. If you cant afford the compassion club get your MMAR best and easier thing I ever did I you can grow your own medicine or buy from health canada at 3 dollars a gram. The compassion club has shit weed anyways.
They will start you on prednisone (steriods) if your not on it already be prepared for sleepness nights and allot of rage prednisone is hell on the mind and body. I wont be supprized if they start you on immmuran or 6-mp once they diagnose you.

Are you at VGH or richmond general?

Good luck hope you get better stay positive and be nice to the nurses it pays off. If your pissed about the get the nutritionalist in to put a good meal plan together for you. Also NEVER tell the drs you smoke weed unless you have a MMAR they will treat you the same as a crack head. If your in VGH I could come see you as Im there everyday for bloodwork.

Also caffiene fat and booze are the worst thing for chrones cut them out and your flair ups will decrease allot.

Taint nothin'