Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:46 PM
Edit Title in 'User CP'

fullsizebronco Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by gecko View Post
was at my cabin one year in middle of nowhere, smelled a familiar skunky smell, went for a walk and over my property line found 900 very green potted plants.
same area, while hunting, came upon a thatch cabin, 2 very earthy ladies
living there year round,living the hippy,couple lifestyle. complete with dreadlocks and chicken bones in their hair.
you counted all 900?
Old 02-25-2011, 09:00 AM
thay call me drunkin Ira Haze
Swollen Member

lincoln locked bad newbie
good read
Old 02-25-2011, 02:48 PM
Rookie

russm Good newbie
we were out driving around one summer night ina freinds moms van up by stave just down the hill from the dump when we seen a guy walking up the middle of the road so we turn around to see if he was ok and he charged towards the van(with my friends 5 year old sister in it) and he was all full of blood and beat up,thuoght that was kinda weird
Old 02-25-2011, 05:45 PM
Rollin like a redneck
Swollen Member

Happypants Good newbie
Heading to stave one morning, stopped at 2nd bridge to check the trailer like I always do, kicked the tires and went to walk back to the drivers side of the truck and I noticed a guy in the creek below cleaning a knife and washing his hands in the creek, he looked up at me and and I looked at him and he stood up and started running toward us, jumped in the truck and fucked off as quick as I could,
Old 02-25-2011, 08:10 PM
owened by squishy

thatshott101 bad newbie
Found a practice grenade yesturday while we were out driving around... the military practices in our area so we find some interesting things from them every so often
Old 02-26-2011, 12:32 AM
Cact
Swollen Member

4skin Good newbie
if anyone goes to chehalis and finds a bunch of braincells please retun them
care of funinbc they will be returned to there owners
thanks
Old 02-26-2011, 02:29 AM
Having FUN IN B.C.

ray Good newbie
those two about a stave by road

been all over there and on that road twice now ive come across guys with blood on em or beat i never stopped mabey same guy but seriously

witch one of yas is beating dumb fawks up there

your not 4X4ING if your not brakin stuff
Old 02-26-2011, 09:25 AM
I edited my own title, I'm a big boy now

'Balmer Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4skin View Post
thanks
Old 02-26-2011, 09:26 AM
I edited my own title, I'm a big boy now

'Balmer Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4skin View Post
thanks
Old 02-26-2011, 12:19 PM
Rollin like a redneck
Swollen Member

Happypants Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray View Post
those two about a stave by road

been all over there and on that road twice now ive come across guys with blood on em or beat i never stopped mabey same guy but seriously

witch one of yas is beating dumb fawks up there

Some ppl piss me off loL
Old 02-26-2011, 05:08 PM
Out-N-About

glopedawg Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsy bitsy xj View Post
I saw this creeping around my Jeep one time at Stave

Haha epic! Did you wrestle some kokanees from his hands? I know that samskwamch always carries around konanees!
Old 02-26-2011, 09:04 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

keadyn Good newbie
Cube van like a 5 ton up at foley full of skin heads. I'm white not a big issue for me.

Blow up doll way the fuck in the bush when I was hiking. Just fucking wierd. Also found many sets of panties hiking.

Black garbage bag stuck in the bush off a little side route of bench fsr. Very loud I could hear it from 30 feet away. Never opened the bag but must have been a metric shit tonne of maggots.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:22 PM
Edit Title in 'User CP'

fullsizebronco Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happypants View Post
Heading to stave one morning, stopped at 2nd bridge to check the trailer like I always do, kicked the tires and went to walk back to the drivers side of the truck and I noticed a guy in the creek below cleaning a knife and washing his hands in the creek, he looked up at me and and I looked at him and he stood up and started running toward us, jumped in the truck and fucked off as quick as I could,
thats fricking messed up! bigtime!
Old 04-04-2011, 03:17 PM

FRAM Good newbie
This thread is a great read.

As a wee lad my grandfather use to enlist the grand kids as cheap labor to go shrooming with him. He fell right of way for the logging company on the South Island and knew of all of these places long forgotten about.

As a small child I was in awe of the old logging equipment over grown and left in the valleys. Old rock gardens along with the plumbing for the company shacks that would have come in by rail. There was the odd grad car abandoned but mostly it was old logging gear, camp tools etc out there.

I use to go 4x4ing out past Nitinat near Carmanah but the growers have taken over out there. It is fucking freaky coming across old buses in the middle of nowhere up on blocks and people living in them.

One time I came across a tarp camp with a couple of middle age women living by themselves. I did not like the scene so I hit reverse from the lake and headed back to Nitinat. They followed us to the gas station and started asking me questions on what I was doing out there, why was I exploring the little lakes etc. When I left they followed me for about 40 kms on FSR before I lost them. That was pretty creepy.

I went back a couple of years ago and one of the lakes in the area had a huge grow show bust. The show had cut down trees to block access on the roads into the lake and setup a show that was eventually busted. Not sure if knocking down the trees or digging the ditches in the roads tipped off the logging companies in the area or not.

Last edited by FRAM : 04-04-2011 at 03:23 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:14 PM

KelownaCrawler Good newbie
Awsome thread! I have found alot of useful shit in the bush, a complete tire repair kit half frozen in ice, screwdrivers, axes, an antique lantern, machete,tire chains, some fishing gear and the usual ditched vehicles and dead shit. I also came across a mermits cabin just past the oyama lake turn off, was pretty creepy hiking up a small game trail and coming across this place pieced together with anything. Went in side and there was wet clothes hung up and the smell of fresh coffee, we got the fuck outta there !