Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Ford discussions

Old 02-11-2011, 07:39 PM
Edit Title in 'User CP'

fullsizebronco Unknown Newbie
dana 60 Q

FINALLY i found a 86 king pin dana 60 for my truck i pick it up tomorrow!!! now everything is there but the track bar and the bracket that bolts to the frame now im wondering if there is a bracket and track bar that a company offers or if someone can suggest a place where i can find one used im going to be putting this under my 94 f250 and i want everything to bolt in like a stock truck would i dont like things to be to modified for my daily driver and as i understand it is a direct bolt in

either way i could not be any happier i have wanted a a strait axle for my diesel ever since i got it over 2 years ago the axle is in awesome shap! i would have settled for a balljoint axle if i could have found it but i got this one at a great price!

Last edited by fullsizebronco : 02-12-2011 at 10:28 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Mad Builder
Swollen Member

FU Toolbag bad newbie
It's a f250? If your using the stock spring setup you need that bar and mount. Do not attempt to drive it without it. It will scare the shit outa you and everyone around you. A friend of mine did that and I was following him. His life passed before my eyes at about 20kph.

If your going to put on some proper mounts and put the shacles in the rear, you don't need it. And this way is way better too boot.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:55 PM
White in brown out
Swollen Member

StinkFinger bad newbie
I have a 4" lift and my stock one is at a scary angle building a proper one is next on my list and the stock pos one is headed for the garbage
Old 02-11-2011, 11:13 PM
Edit Title in 'User CP'

Quote:
Originally Posted by FU Toolbag View Post
It's a f250? If your using the stock spring setup you need that bar and mount. Do not attempt to drive it without it. It will scare the shit outa you and everyone around you. A friend of mine did that and I was following him. His life passed before my eyes at about 20kph.

If your going to put on some proper mounts and put the shacles in the rear, you don't need it. And this way is way better too boot.

there is no way i would ever ever! consider installing the diff without it thats why i know the diff does not come without it i was hoping he had it thats why i was asking if there was a good place to get one and yes i forgot to mention that i do have a 4 inch suspension lift and i guess that i did not think about

and i was thinking about after the dana 60 i want to get the sky shackle reversal kit its good for like 3 inches or 5.5 ish cant remember exact but then i can sell my brother my lift kit or see how high it sits with springs and reversal

but thanks for the warning anyway i make sure i read about every thread i can find before i attempt anything and there has been some scary stuff around
Old 02-11-2011, 11:56 PM
Mad Builder
Swollen Member

FU Toolbag bad newbie
If your already lifted, swap your springs now with your brother and build the proper perches right the first time. Why put it in just to rip it out later? That way you don't need to find one in the first place. Are you replacing a d44 or a d50 ttb?
Old 02-12-2011, 12:49 AM
Edit Title in 'User CP'

d50 is what will be coming out of the truck and the only reason i dont wanna pull the springs out is because i may just go with the 3 inch sky kit so ill have a total of 7 inches of suspension lift

and the track bar mount could i not just get a stock one and not worry about having to get one built for me and get an adjustable track bar ?
Old 02-12-2011, 10:17 AM
Not a Newbie

jonny6door Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullsizebronco View Post
FINALLY i found a 85 king pin dana 60 for my truck i pick it up tomorrow!!! ]
you mean 86. 86 was the first year they started using d60's again.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:27 AM
Edit Title in 'User CP'

yes thats what i meant... really i had no idea i never looked it up but thanks for the info
Old 02-12-2011, 11:43 AM
Not a Newbie

jonny6door Unknown Newbie
if you were really cool you would trade me your d60 + $600 for my dana 70 front and 80 rear and have disk brakes all the way around, and a dually. the axles are complete with all the steering and trac bar and everything you need including 6 wheels and dually fenders for 80-97 ford. im pretty sure they will bolt right in, they were from an 88 or 89 F-550.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:14 PM
Edit Title in 'User CP'

Ha ha my girlfriend all ready says her valentines day present is in my box ha ha if I spent anymore money I would be in big trouble! I got a dodge AAM axle that I was thinking about making work then I got the bolt in one pirate 4x4 said it was equivalent to a dana 60 if u want that
Old 02-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Edit Title in 'User CP'

And as cool as a dually would look all lifted up of the 92-96 gen I would hate to have to drive it everyday and even tho its my daily driver it tends to go in the bush more than I would like it to and the dually fenders sticking out would make it more of a pain not to mention I'm having a hard enough time finding some 35+ tires to go on since I lifted it
Old 02-12-2011, 12:46 PM
Eat 'till it hurts...

Squishy bad newbie
honestly the best solution(if you dont mind a little fabricating) is to delete the track bar all together, if your planning on a lift anyhow, make a solid mount for the leafs on the front of the frame where the shackles are, and move the shackle to the back of the spring, which even with the stock springs would probably lift the truck a few inches in the front. a couple pieces of steel, a welder, some beer, shouldnt be more than a couple hour job if youve allready got the axle out while your putting the 60 in, this is what i did to my old ford(90 f150) and it had no speed wobbles or any weird quirks when driving it at highway speeds, i actually got a lot better ride than with the ttb in place
Old 02-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Edit Title in 'User CP'

Ya I am thinking about buying the 3 inch shackle reversal and installing it with the 4 inch suspension that is in the truck now I didn't know that swapping it to the back let you take it out altogether
Old 02-12-2011, 08:14 PM
White in brown out
Swollen Member

StinkFinger bad newbie
100% with squishy on this one that is buy far the best way to go I have 4" springs in the front and the sky flip in the back and it sits just right I also got the sky steering and it would of have worked nice if I had a foot or more of lif
Old 02-12-2011, 08:15 PM
Edit Title in 'User CP'

this is what im thinking about getting http://www.sky-manufacturing.com/new...uct.php?id=162