Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Chevy ramblings

Old 11-26-2010, 06:51 AM

blacksuperjet Good newbie
rollerized motor

I have a 454, 30 over and i pulled motor yesterday to confirm a knock i heard. Havnt found anything yet but seen the rockers are rollerized but not at the cam. Is this usual or should i rollerize the cam to? Is this a way to increase hp?
Old 11-26-2010, 08:34 AM
The on board nurse is still scared of
Swollen Member

Always broke bad newbie
It depends on how much work you want to do each time you take it out , if you are solid lifter now and you go to Hydraulic roller lifters you may lose HP but then there is alot less maintenance (setting lash) or for full on crazy HP mechanical roller can add some crazy HP from more info speak to Ryan "AKA" Mudchild on the site , if you the Kelowna Cruiser guys just ask they will recommend him as well heworks on most of them.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:44 AM
Nothing Runs Like a Deere

85chevy Good newbie
My guess would be someone just put roller rockers on it I kno for my truck its $190 for them but ur gonna drop some big coin to do roller lifters between $500 and $1000 with a cam but big blocks aren't really high reving motors so for the cash ur spending it may not be worth it
Old 11-28-2010, 06:46 PM
I got kicked and now have a
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Find the knock first, then decide if you want to spend money on rollerizing it.