Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add '' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > General 4x4 Discussion

General 4x4 Discussion General discussion and questions that would apply to all makes.

Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2010, 11:42 PM
4XGMC 4XGMC is offline
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: BC
Posts: 34
4XGMC Good newbie
Reputation: 11

Just wondering if you have a propane conversion and were going on a long wheeling trip how would you take extra propane with you for your truck?
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:49 PM
crazylike crazylike is offline
Make your own-iEdit Title in 'User CP'
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Westbank
Posts: 1,372
crazylike bad newbie
Reputation: 8
you need to make a hose that hooks to the filler of a barbque bottle and that connects to the filler on your regular tank then you pack barbque propane tanks i think its called a piggy back hose
2015 Ram 1500 with 2 inch lift
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:52 PM
Murd0c's Avatar
Murd0c Murd0c is offline
Swollen Member
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Mission
Posts: 16,672
Murd0c bad newbie
Reputation: 3
it's called a cheater hose and you can't buy it since it's against the law. But if you go to Lordco and ask for a fit 2017 and a fit i4c48polnepolne they will sell it to you
Jeep's are cute. Barbie drives one.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:03 AM
mus-Tard mus-Tard is offline
ewwww mustard is gross
Swollen Member
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: not at your place
Posts: 2,921
mus-Tard Unknown Newbie
Reputation: 10
get a realy big tank
is it true that if you touch your eye to a brown eye, you get a pink eye?
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 06:53 AM
FU Toolbag's Avatar
FU Toolbag FU Toolbag is offline
Mad Builder
Swollen Member
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: green house, kelowna
Posts: 2,353
FU Toolbag bad newbie
Reputation: 0
it's illegal to fill if your not ticketed. Our motor home is on propane and when going stateside you really need to plan. out bronco was as well and it only got 200k to a tank. We didn't need a bigger tank, needed a smaller motor. But a cheater will run you about 40. I've had several, never had problems with them. I even have one that is for going straight into the motor for testing purposes. you can aslo get 40lb tanks which are nice.
Towhoe well under way.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:37 AM
Trooper Trooper is offline
Fisting for dollars
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Vancouver, Canada.
Posts: 1,543
Trooper bad newbie
Reputation: 1
I would bring extra propane and a cheater hose. You really need to plan your trips on propane. If your going on a long wheeling trip in the bush then I would definatly being extra.

Taint nothin'
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Style Design By: