Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Ford discussions

Old 11-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Long where it counts
Swollen Member

longhorn bad newbie
02 Superduty rearend

Anyone know how hard or how expensive it is to fix a 02 Superduty rearend?

Its got slop in the pinion and yoke plus is howling and making a grinding noise.

Good place or ideas for parts?
Old 11-11-2010, 05:07 AM
Make your own-iEdit Title in 'User CP'

crazylike bad newbie
if its howling your very low on oil if it grinding your gears are breaking or the bearing behind the pinion is badly damaged which if it scores the lip then your gonna have sealing problems.

easier to change the rear end. cheaper to. they want 1500 to have a set of gears set up. i paid 300 for a rear diff and a couple hundred to rebuild it and took me 4 hours to change em out.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:10 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

blacker_69 Unknown Newbie
easier to change out? what if its only a few bearings? the usual culprit on these is pinion bearings loosen up and then the pinion drops into the carrier. a simple re-bearing is an easy weekend job if your somewhat proficient. if not find a good driveline shop to do this for you. pm me and give me the details and i can prob help you out
Old 11-11-2010, 02:34 PM
Long where it counts
Swollen Member

longhorn bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacker_69 View Post
easier to change out? what if its only a few bearings? the usual culprit on these is pinion bearings loosen up and then the pinion drops into the carrier. a simple re-bearing is an easy weekend job if your somewhat proficient. if not find a good driveline shop to do this for you. pm me and give me the details and i can prob help you out
Thanks for the help offer.
ive got a guy that probably can do it , but I was wondering whether to change the whole thing or just the guts?
Cost and amount of work vs ?
Old 11-17-2010, 10:13 AM
Now I see what FIBC is about

blacker_69 Unknown Newbie
most likely just pinion bearings and side bearings, you can do new clutch packs if your locker is weak but usually dont worry bout it.