Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Ford discussions

Old 11-05-2010, 06:42 AM
Nothin' but a post whore

godtool bad newbie
78 F250 with propane 460??

Recently got a 78 Ford Supercab 2wd Dually box with a propane set up. It says D4VE C1B on intake and the internet says it is a 460. It has some nice Morso chrome valve covers and headers. I have yet to start it. I wonder what type of compression it would have?? Buddy tells me the propane set and the engine if in good con. could be worth $1500 alone. I wonder what kind of milage it would get. I was thinking of using it as a tow rig since it has the hitch receiver for a 5th wheel hitch in the box. I was asking $1500 for the whole truck but so far with this darn recession no ones buying. Cab is rusty in floor but reat of truck is mint. Box is off a mid 80's Ford. I got a 1980 Ford 4x4 with IFS. I wonder if the IFS would be easy to swap in... I do need a tranny for it since the one in it was blowing oil from somewhere...
Old 11-05-2010, 07:09 AM
Long where it counts
Swollen Member

longhorn bad newbie
Its cobbled together , I bet its got diffrent rims on the front than the back?
They didnt make the truck you are describing , so someones made it.

But your in luck ..............I have a REAL 1978 F-350 with a 460 on propane that Ill sell you for $3000. Its a loaded Super Camper Special.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:36 AM
Nothin' but a post whore

godtool bad newbie
Yah, its definetly cobbled together... Whoever did it, did a good job. I don't know if its a supercab, its just extended, no idea what model the cab is but I could run the vin. I found a 1 ton cube van that was a police breathalizer van in its day. Owner says its got a 302. Would that be a small block or did ford make a big block 302? I figure the automatic in the cube van if it is the right engine bolt pattern could replace the tranny behind the 460 in this 78 Ford I got. The pivk-up says F250 on the side. I don't know about the wheels matching. This ford dually I'm describing was defintly built up to be a hotrod, the cab I think was next on the revious owners list. I never paid for the truck. I'm just selling it for a buddy of mine that was trying to sell it down in Chilliwack for that 2+- to years. It was out by the pub by the No. 3 road, maybe someone here knows its history. I was told to either sell it whole or part it out. If I could get $1200 for it and out of my yard him and I would be happy. Still I'd put a tranny in it if I knew what kind of milage I'd get with it. My 83 1 ton chev 4x4 pick-up with its suped up 350sb, stock th350, and 4:10's gets under 10 mpg and I could use a better tow rig for hauling 3 cord of firewood. Also, Longhorn, I think you were the one and only interested in buying it so far when I put it on here or craigslist.... A freind of mine is looking for a BB Ford for a hotrod so I was wondering if this 460 is a 460 and if it came out of a car in its day or what... seems like the car bb's are what the hotrod ford people want... Longhorn, what milage does your F350 get?? Does it have 4:10's? Is the paint good on it or it is a good bush truck that does not mind being scratched??
Old 11-07-2010, 07:18 AM
Mad Builder
Swollen Member

FU Toolbag bad newbie
pix of this duellie???
Old 11-07-2010, 10:36 AM
Long where it counts
Swollen Member

longhorn bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by FU Toolbag View Post
pix of this duellie???
Just imagine that Johhny Cash song "One piece at a time" and substitute Caddy pieces for Ford pickup pieces and you will have a picture in your mind.......................
Old 11-07-2010, 01:09 PM
Tinker Belle loves my
Swollen Member

Tinker Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Just imagine that Johhny Cash song "One piece at a time" and substitute Caddy pieces for Ford pickup pieces and you will have a picture in your mind.......................
Well it's a 71,72,73,74,75,76,77,78,79,80..........
Old 11-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Mad Builder
Swollen Member

FU Toolbag bad newbie
I'm thinking more what the duellie box looks like concidering they never made one from the factory and the only way you could get a duellie was in a cab and chassis for that body. I do know what that cab looks like. I used to have a couple
Old 11-08-2010, 06:27 AM
Nothin' but a post whore

godtool bad newbie
Yah its a supercab and the front rims are different but 8 bolt like the rear. I took the dually wheels off to transport it, yet to put back on... Its also got stainless steel dual exhaust. Piece of rope holding hood down, I've had no time to wonder why... It says supercab on sides. Mid 80's box??

Has a chrome floor shifter and a couple guages stuck in the dash, plus the little foam steering wheel

One nick in fiberglass fender of box, only damage on box...

Last edited by godtool : 11-08-2010 at 06:31 AM.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:28 AM
Prospect

429orangepeel bad newbie
The number on the intake tells you that it is a 1974 intake only and if its a truck or pass car.Block # is under the right exhaust manifold near the back of the block.Ford never made high compression motors after 1969.Only Cobra Jets,Super Cobra Jets,Boss engines were above 10:1.Hope that helps.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:27 PM
Long where it counts
Swollen Member

longhorn bad newbie
The box is from a 89 or newer
Old 11-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Gettin' out havin' fun

WagoneerXJ Unknown Newbie
interesting idea. Body lines are kinda close