Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Dodge Talk

Old 09-16-2010, 03:31 AM
iEdit Title in 'User CP'

Bigsexy bad newbie
new truck

Well, new to me im nota Dodge guy and no nuthing about dodge pickups.. Im lookin for any info on common flaws with this particular year and style.. i have just picked upa 88 2whl drive dodge ram. its gota inline 6, auto witha shift kit and 4:11 rear end im being told. where is there the common cancer spots on these trucks.. Is there a way to make this truck actually look alright or is it doomed to be a grandpa-farm truck forever any info is great
Old 09-16-2010, 04:40 AM
Make your own-iEdit Title in 'User CP'

crazylike bad newbie
they can be made to look cool usual rust starts in the front fenders and the front of the box as for making it cool i would check out getting some 70's parts front grill nicer hoods and since its a 2wd you could drop it and find a step side box bad part is if you wanna put a bigger motor in it your gonna need to change the computer. i got lots of parts hood tail gates spare glass etc. if ya need parts.

Last edited by crazylike : 09-16-2010 at 04:45 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:47 PM
iEdit Title in 'User CP'

Bigsexy bad newbie
do u no what bolt pattern the rims are?
Old 09-16-2010, 02:29 PM
Make your own-iEdit Title in 'User CP'

crazylike bad newbie
it should say inside the door jam there same bolt pattern as a chevy but the center hole is bigger i'm thinking 5 x 4.5
Old 09-16-2010, 05:23 PM
iEdit Title in 'User CP'

Bigsexy bad newbie
thanks il keep ya in mind when i smash the window cause i locked my keys in the ignition again
Old 09-18-2010, 11:17 AM
Prospect

hrd4mud Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon View Post
thanks il keep ya in mind when i smash the window cause i locked my keys in the ignition again
Take a metal ruler, bend it 90 degrees, it slips right in the wind wing, pull back over the button and slide it up and the wind wing is open, slide your hand in and unlock door, i kept my bent ruler in the front of the box i did it like 5 or 6 times in my old 85 before I got smarter.

And as for rust spots watch the lip around the wheel wells.

And the bolt patters for dodges is suppossed to be 70's 4x4 and 2wd are 5 on 4.5, 80's 4x4 is 5 on 5.5, 2wd didnt change to 5 on 5.5 till 85 or so, dodge didnt always change every truck the same year they left stuff so any year of change has old or new parts till all the old ones were used up I guess.