Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Chevy ramblings

Old 08-11-2010, 10:16 PM

AngeL0 Unknown Newbie
1991 Blazer build.

Well iv been around this website for a few years now, and i figured it was about time to post up some pics of my truck.

Its a 1991 S10 blazer. It started out life with a tbi 4.3L v6 But after years of neglect from previous owners the engine became tired and burned alot of oil. So last week i swapped in a rebuilt 1995 Tbi 350 from a 1ton van. Unfortunately due to a wayward drill-bit, ill be getting a new radiator tomorrow.

It has a 3" Body lift, Torsion bar crank, Lift shackles, 31" BFG MT, and a Winch Bumper on the front with a couple off-road lights.

This weekend i plan on painting it, The Base coat will be O.D with a theme of Woodland camo like what you would see on a US Military CUCV. One problem with that though is i have yet to find some where i can get a Flat Olive Drab in a Gallon. I called Qualichem in burnaby but they apperently dont sell the Aervoe Camouflage paint in gallons anymore.

After all this is done I'm going to start collecting Axles and parts to do my SFA swap. Hopefully that will get done in the near future.

Any way heres the pics..

This is what it looked like when i got it.

And What it looks like today

New door after some stump carnage Figured i throw a new door on before paint.

Pulling the V8 at pickapart

All cleaned up and a coat of paint

Blazer all stripped down

New engine now in place

In this pic you can see my Sanden 7 from a cherokee mounted which is the start of my On-board Air system

Any way thats all i got for now. Ill post some pics of the painting when i get to it.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:06 PM
-iEdit Title in 'User CP'

theborges Unknown Newbie
very nice. if you need any idea or such on SAS your truck, let me know i am doinf one to my s10 right now and have done a fair amount of research on the different ways to do about it
Old 08-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Rollin like a redneck
Swollen Member

Happypants Good newbie
Nice, goto Canadian tire in poco, they sell all the camo colors there, it's on shaunessey and lougheed,
Old 08-12-2010, 08:55 PM

AngeL0 Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by theborges View Post
very nice. if you need any idea or such on SAS your truck, let me know i am doinf one to my s10 right now and have done a fair amount of research on the different ways to do about it
I thinking i'm going to try and keep if fairly simple and go with leaf springs in the front. What axles are you putting under yours? I may have access to a real cheap Dana30 Jeep front axle so i may just start out with that. Ideally id like to put in a Dana 44, but the Dana 30 is really cheap and im not all that heavy on the loud pedal so i think ill be alright with it for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happypants View Post
Nice, goto Canadian tire in poco, they sell all the camo colors there, it's on shaunessey and lougheed,
I ended up grabbing some spray bomb Krylon Indoor/Outdoor "Italian Olive" at CT today after work. I went arround to a few places but no one had anything other than spray bombs. Ohwell i bought enough cans so i think i should get fairly good coverage.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:15 PM

theborges Unknown Newbie
you should be able to pick up a d44 for 100-200, i got my d60 rear and d44HD for 200
Old 08-14-2010, 11:24 PM

AngeL0 Unknown Newbie
Ok so while Gaybait was working away getting the long arm kit out of his parts jeep, i went ahead ad got a start on the paint work on my truck. not finished yet, i may change a few things but here's a start.

Last edited by AngeL0 : 08-14-2010 at 11:46 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:14 AM

theborges Unknown Newbie
nice camo paint
Old 08-16-2010, 05:02 PM
Rollin like a redneck
Swollen Member

Happypants Good newbie
Ehhhh, I dunno about the camo, I like what James did with his jeep more...way to dissapoint man j/k
Old 08-16-2010, 05:38 PM

AngeL0 Unknown Newbie
Lol thanks.. Better pics soon. Gonna do the wheels, and winch bumper tonight.