Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 02-02-2010, 08:25 PM
I don't have a
Swollen Member

apefrill Good newbie
Mainland to Sunshine Coast

I heard today that there might be a back road from the lower mainland to the sunshine coast. Does anyone know if it is still passable, or if it even exists? Has anyone taken it?
Old 02-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

Meeshies bad newbie
To like Gibsons and Seachelt...??...
Old 02-02-2010, 09:21 PM
there's a visine for that

230 bad newbie
Funny i was just talking about it today also.I havent heard of it in several years.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:24 PM
Swollen Member
Swollen Member

MikeWild bad newbie
there's been lots of talk about it, and it may have existed in the past, but there's no mention of it now. I've tried to research it and came up empty. If there is a trail, I highly doubt anyone would ever publicize it on the world wide weeb
Old 02-02-2010, 09:31 PM
I don't have a
Swollen Member

apefrill Good newbie
Yeah, to Gibsons, Sechelt anywhere in that area. A girl I work with said her ex husband grew up there and said that there used to be an old logging road that went the whole distance, but that it wasn't a very good road and not a good idea to try it. This of course peaked my interest and made me want to do it!! Can't do it you say? Bull shit, we can do it!
Old 02-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

Meeshies bad newbie
it makes sense.... it's not an island it's a peninsula... I think it's up through pemberton... grandparents used to use it...
Old 02-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

xtremeyj Good newbie
Ive researched this run for about a year and a half. The last known trip that was done was 24 years ago and even that cant be confirmed. Four guys supposedly did the run, three of them are dead and the last one no-one seems to know how to get a hold of him. As far as maps there is no road showing, even deactivated fsr is not on any map that I have been able to find. There used to be a ferry that ran from squamish to the other side over at the old mill, but that has been deactivated as well, and the terrain looks completely impassable. Ive looked into runnin power lines as well but that terrain is not passable either. The only possible way in would be far north from squamish and head west then south, but i think it would be breakin trail the whole way. I dont think its possible in the average 4x4
Old 02-02-2010, 10:00 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

Meeshies bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeyj View Post
but i think it would be breakin trail the whole way. I dont think its possible in the average 4x4

Is that a challenge? Lmfao... jk
Old 02-02-2010, 10:18 PM
BANNED
Swollen Member

Murd0c bad newbie
did you look at it with google earth?
Old 02-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Make your own-iEdit Title in 'User CP'
Swollen Member

Moondog bad newbie
I just did Reece and it looks to me as if there is a road from Squamish all the way to Gibsons and it looks well used
Old 02-02-2010, 10:43 PM
never go full
Swollen Member

Evan the Blue bad newbie
I have also spent countless hours researching this fabled trail.
The ferry to Woodfiber (old mill) was taken out of service when the mill was packed up and sold to the Chinese about 4 years ago. The maps I have seen do show a connection from Woodfiber to McNab Creek and Potlach Creek. I have recently talked to a buddy who lives in the area and he says there has been some activity at the mill recently.... start hopping for ferry service again.
The other closest near connection without using a ferry is between Ashlu Creek and Clowhorn Lake. The only problem with this route is that there is no continuous road that connects Clowhorn and Salmon Inlet so I'm thinking you would need a barge or follow the powerlines that run south there. The other big problem is that there is no trail that actually connects Ashlu and Clowhorn so it is most likely very rough terrain. You also have to cross a watershed so the terrain is probably nutty. The Google Earth maps of that area are not great so its hard to get an idea what you may encounter without a physical scouting trip.
I have been dreaming of this trip for way too long ... I think some scouting trips may be in order this summer
Old 02-02-2010, 11:01 PM
I don't have a
Swollen Member

apefrill Good newbie
I just checked Google Earth and the only clear trail seems to be the to follow the power line, but like Evan said, it looks pretty rough in some areas and seems to end abruptly. Maybe I'm missing another trail, but I can't find anything else. I think a scouting trip this summer is definatly needed! But definatly going to require a few trucks, and a lot of extra fuel!
Old 02-02-2010, 11:11 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

trencher bad newbie
I'm up for an explore if i can find the time off .......and a tow down for the rattle can
Old 02-03-2010, 12:11 AM
THIS IS HOW I ROLL... BITCHES
Swollen Member

MUD CHILD Unknown Newbie
If anyones going to try this count me in
Old 02-03-2010, 02:04 AM
it's 5' of
Swollen Member

D-Ass Good newbie
take a look an bc4x4 their was a thread I think last year about some quad guys doing it but they said it would take a hell of a lot of man power to try to push a trail through to fit a 4x4 and some of the trail was not even wide enough for the quad to go through with out building a bridge

Beat your children or i will beat you!