Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Dodge Talk

Old 01-30-2010, 11:20 PM
Make your own-iEdit Title in 'User CP'

crazylike bad newbie
weird fuel issue

my ram charger is building up pressure in the gas tank... the truck stalls after a trip from my place on westside into the mall then down to knox mountain and back to westside the truck starts lurching and then stalls i undid the gas cap and it made the vacuum noise... then i jumped in turned the key it fired right up.. but the other day i started it up it ran for like 1 minute then stalled it would turn over real good but no fire i went and got 20 in gas and when i went to dump the 20 bucks in fuel in i noticed the gas cap was not done up... so i dumped in the 20 and did up the cap then had this issue today.. i really doubt i used 20 in fuel doing that little trip.... any ideas would be great.... as i am running low....
Old 01-31-2010, 12:25 AM
Austin Roy Crutch

Explorer guy418 bad newbie
well id start by getting a new gas cap.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:04 AM
Not a Newbie

Maelthra bad newbie
gas tank vent?
Old 02-03-2010, 07:57 AM

crazylike bad newbie
so i changed the fuel cap no better no worse.... i dumped 50 bucks in fuel in the tank but it still is over pressurizing. i havn't been able to track down the gas tank vent i think its on top the tank and i really dont wanna drop the tank... i gonna try pressure washing the top of tank as there was lots of mud under the truck... i'll keep ya posted and if anyone has anymore ideas please post em...
Old 02-03-2010, 07:32 PM
Fisting for dollars

Trooper bad newbie
hows it run with the gas cap off?

Taint nothin'
Old 02-03-2010, 09:15 PM

crazylike bad newbie
with the cap right off it refuses to run at all.. with the cap loose it runs ok but has a small miss....
Old 03-18-2010, 12:33 AM
Having FUN IN B.C.

Styx Unknown Newbie
What year is it???
And what engine and all that stuff...
Old 03-18-2010, 08:41 AM

crazylike bad newbie
its a 90 with a 360 and a od tranny and a 241 t-case
Old 03-18-2010, 09:18 AM
Having FUN IN B.C.

Styx Unknown Newbie
What's your fuel pressure at???
You may have a week pump...
CFI injection needs something like 40 psi and good volume, multi-point needs up around 60 and even more volume... Even if the pressure is ok check the volume I have had them make enough pressure and they still don't run after they warm up or are driven for a bit...
My dealer connect account won't go back to 90 to check the specks and I don't make it into the shop much anymore to check the books but get me some pressures and flow rates and we can figure out if it's enough...
PM me the last 8 of your vin and I will run it just in case...
Old 03-18-2010, 09:51 AM

crazylike bad newbie
i havn't checked the pressure at the back of the TBI unit.
i assumed since the pressure in the tank is causing a suction in the tank it must be sucking hard enuf ..
i have been running it around with the cap loose and it seems to go ok i just filled it to the top and now i have figured that when it starts to dip below the F mark its time to feed it another 100 .
the book says the pressure should be 14-15 psi with regulator vacuum hose attached and 18-20 with it disconnected.
i dont have the tool needed to do this test.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

Meeshies bad newbie
I'm having the same issue with my truck right now... I just did the fuel pump and I'm doing the alternator this weekend. It's a known issues on dodges. I do know on the newer model dodges that there was a throttle recall ... I don't know a whole lot about mechanics... anyone here would be able to tell ya that but I've been having the stalling and lurching forward issue with my truck for a while... Dirka even scanned my truck and nothing was showing up on it... I got the fuel filter changed as well as ran an injection cleaner or whatever that stuff is called through the tank and did a basic tune up ... and none of that resolved it.. Hopefully the alternator is the issue
Old 07-08-2010, 03:45 PM

crazylike bad newbie
i found that on the passenger side of the truck there is a vent line which runs from the tank to the charcoal canister under the hood and mine had been damaged and thus causing the pressure build up in my tank.I have just been running it with the cap loose and at night i tighten the cap this way if it every gets stolen it not gonna go much further then about 20kms.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:51 PM
Tinker Belle loves my
Swollen Member

Tinker Good newbie
So bad for the pump to be pulling fuel in a vacuumed tank. Pump is weak and plugged canister was gonna be my diagnosis.