Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:28 AM
doesn't play well with others
Swollen Member

m j bad newbie
get the pics into the local paper or its a waste of time
Old 01-25-2010, 07:22 PM
do you want to touch my

ri0 bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw454 View Post
just a suggestion but why dont the bunch of you who do wheel up there go up there clean that shit up ,drag them cars outa there! Make a big deal about it get it in the newspaper , take pictures, them BLAM u are hereos
just my two cents

I would say every time I go to eagle I leave with the back of my truck full of shit....

I don't bother posting pics..because its all the same shit....

people organize huge clean ups...three weeks later its a fucking mess as if no one was up there.

how about a little cameria somehwere at the entrance hidden...takes a look at the plate and people that are in it...then you also might see people driving in with shit....I have seen piles of garbage which looked like the cleanup after a party...I was okay with it because most of it was bottles, and cans.

as far as I am concerned unless someone is willing to make a key program theres nothing really thats gonna fly....the main gate which goes up to "eagle mnt" has four keys that is all. they don't want to hand that one out because it is a key for the water tanks etc...

as far as I am concerned close it up...I already found a new way in...
Old 01-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Make your own-iEdit Title in 'User CP'
Swollen Member

ROBO bad newbie
i say fence and gate the entire area.. locker right down tight!!.. and give usa a key program!!!
Old 01-25-2010, 08:26 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

xtremeyj Good newbie
Fawk these threads are up so often I dont read em anymore.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:33 PM
it's 5' of
Swollen Member

D-Ass Good newbie
well I am going in to the meeting and try to push for a gate key program may be get the golf course gate as the main and have that one instead of the green gate but that will all depend on the golf course as well we will see I will be their on wednesday and try my best to keep the mountan open

Beat your children or i will beat you!
Old 01-25-2010, 09:04 PM
Rollin like a redneck
Swollen Member

Happypants Good newbie
all this bullshit blabbing is a waste of time, if you have the time then come to the meeting, every board i go onto there is at least 2 posts about eagle being closed or some other shit, come to the meeting and voice your opion, otherwise shut up... plain and simple, ill be pushing the key program as well,

i auctually find it rather nice to be able to go places where noone else can go UNLESS they have a key to get in the gate, places are cleaner, no shit anywhere, trails are more fun, not highways, key program all the way
Old 01-25-2010, 09:55 PM
My carbon print is the size of a crater
Swollen Member

dirka dave bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeyj View Post
Fawk these threads are up so often I dont read em anymore.
Thas cuz yuo don't reed goood.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:33 AM
Now I see what FIBC is about

Greentoylet Unknown Newbie
last chance today 5:00 but i was reading in a post 4:00? so i guess i will be there at 4 get your game faces on everyone lets see what the real deal is.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:35 PM

Greentoylet Unknown Newbie
4pm tim hortons bunch of guys gonna meet at tim hortons on 2635 barnet hwy have a coffee n then head over to city hall which is at 3000 guilford way
beside the Coq Rcmp HQ and see what we can accomplish bring your thinkion caps and crayons
Old 01-27-2010, 09:08 PM
ewwww mustard is gross
Swollen Member

mus-Tard Unknown Newbie
well it seems that they are leaning towards some kind of key program. but the golf corse which has privat property in the area effected were a no show so...

it was supost to be an open house explaning what they may do.
there was a lot of supporters there for a key type program like in mission and was a good turn out of fourwheelers and such.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:23 PM

bobby b bad newbie
The city does not have any problem with the use of the Eagle Mountain trail system, the issue is with the area below the power lines. As of now, the RCMP now has the power to enforce and ticket ( $158, I believe was the amount stated ) anyone driving in (through) the restricted access area. The boundaries are 'movable' according to the CO that was at the meeting, who, by the way, supports 4x4 trail use.
Any proposed boundary and access point/system that the collective 4x4 community comes up with (key or sticker or....) however, will or may have to meet the agreement of the City, the Golf course, Terasen Gas, Hydro and any other involved private parties with 'land tenure', but, they are open to our ideas and asking for our input ( no representation from the golf course at the meeting though ).
I am happy to report there was a good showing of 4x4'ers at the meeting and the city does acknowledge our 'say in the matter' and there will be further open public discussions on this matter in the near future.

GET INVOLVED.... power in numbers.

Robbie
Old 01-27-2010, 09:39 PM
by demons be driven

yoda thrills bad newbie
good to hear,thanks for supporting those who couldnt makeit

how many more times are ya gonna toss em the radio while im in the bath tub?
Old 01-27-2010, 11:02 PM
Quit Looking At My
Swollen Member

Metal Mulisha Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby b View Post
The city does not have any problem with the use of the Eagle Mountain trail system, the issue is with the area below the power lines. As of now, the RCMP now has the power to enforce and ticket ( $158, I believe was the amount stated ) anyone driving in (through) the restricted access area. The boundaries are 'movable' according to the CO that was at the meeting, who, by the way, supports 4x4 trail use.
Any proposed boundary and access point/system that the collective 4x4 community comes up with (key or sticker or....) however, will or may have to meet the agreement of the City, the Golf course, Terasen Gas, Hydro and any other involved private parties with 'land tenure', but, they are open to our ideas and asking for our input ( no representation from the golf course at the meeting though ).
I am happy to report there was a good showing of 4x4'ers at the meeting and the city does acknowledge our 'say in the matter' and there will be further open public discussions on this matter in the near future.

GET INVOLVED.... power in numbers.

Robbie

Ya well said Robbie. It was a pretty good showing. I strongly believe after todays meeting that there will be some sort of resolution to this in the near future. So if u do go up there anytime soon the police can issue a fine on the spot so be prepared. The one funny part of the night was the one tree hugger who thinks that no motorized vehicles should be anywhere close to off road... & was actually put in his place by one of the city reps. (had to be there). Thanks for comin out people.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:49 PM
Prospect

Razon Unknown Newbie
I'm not pesimistic, but I think we should look at how things are getting done, and not what they say.
Aparently there were council meetings last year that most of us I guess were not aware of. Some representatives from various clubs were present, but either they failed to make their point or they were ignored. The end result is that the area is restricted to motorized vehicles, and from their point of view the problem is fixed and the case is closed. If you get cought you'll get a ticket for the first time, but going to jail or gettiing your vehicle impounded is aparently possible if you get caught gain.

Todays "meeting" was to let us know of their decision, tell us the reson they did it and answer some questions that we might have. The fact that it turned into a debate is another storry. The city people that were there didn't have authority to change any of the rules. They said they could look into the solutions we proposed and pass it to the council to make an actual decision.

My opinion is that if we don't do anything else, probably nothing's gonna happen. We have to show that we really want this area re-opened, we have to have representatives to contact the golf course,bc hydro and terrasen gas and come up with a solution that will make everybody happy. Only then we could have a case if I may say so. We have to do our homework...I doubt the city will invest much resources in this.

So yeah, I think is possible, but it'll take some work.

Last edited by Razon : 01-28-2010 at 12:08 AM.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:57 AM
Not a Newbie

Landlover Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honky View Post
you know this place has been closed for at least 10 years. This is nothing new
This is true, but there was always hope they would just open the gates up and say go ahead

Seems like we got too many around, soon Stave then chilliwack, then Harrison, they already changed the campsite up there, then hope, just going to squeeze 4x4's out of the lower mainland!

Don't say my car is topless, say it's titties is out - Nas