Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 12-11-2009, 04:48 PM
665 neighbor of the beast

Tunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetrash View Post
I've yet to see or have any of these "consuquences" that ppl are talking about, when I've been to eagle, always run into hikers and bikers up there, never gotten dirty looks or yelled at, always stop and chat with them for a few minutes, laugh it up with them and continue, there have even been a few times I've run into cops coming in and out of there, he'll there's a couple cops I wheel with up there and haven't ever had any problems, gotten into trouble or gotten fined, they have been talking about closing eagle for years and if they do I'm sure they could make it as unpassable as they want BUT!! They won't because hydro needs to get in there for w/e they need to do,

oh they are there nick

Old 12-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Rollin like a redneck
Swollen Member

Happypants Good newbie
Yea. I know... I was just saying yo!
Old 12-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Outback adventurer

Curtis F Good newbie
n that cop was a pretty chillin dude , was glad to see ppl cleaning up n haulin that old truck outa there n shit . Ive even seen a few when im comming out , checked my papers made sure i had a valid drivers license and let me be on my way just making sure i wasnt drinkin or had a stolen car or doin anything else you shouldnt be doin up there anyways .
Old 12-11-2009, 04:58 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

bobby b bad newbie
Cant believe that cop let you drive in there esp. with those shackles all bent an' all.

Just kiddin', how's the heep ? ......That was a good cleanup!!
Old 12-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Make your own-iEdit Title in 'User CP'
Swollen Member

Stetson bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
Come on guys- It's a shithole. Trash, abandoned cars, beer cans, paintball shit, construction debris etc. I want this place open for my use as well, but that doesn't seem likely for long. Every vehicle that roars up/down Plateau Rd. with a busted loud exhaust, Every time some drunk pisses off a resident, Every time some Pt. Moody taxpayer wants to go for a nice hike on the trails and is offended by one of us (loud music, Booze, exhaust fumes, off leash dogs- you name it)- it's just one more nail in the Eagle ridge coffin.

It isn't going to matter one bit how many times we organize a yearly clean up or do toy runs or what ever. It doesn't matter that it isn't US who are fucking up Eagle- (fucking up hydro insulators- leaving garbage everywhere Pissing off the hippies) - we are going to loose access for good at Eagle and other places that have the same 'clientele' sooner or later.

So i've bitched here, I'm likely not the first. I don't know the answer but maybe when you see some disrespectful douche ( a double d!) making a mess or behaving like a jerkoff or leaving his shit laying around give him a swift kick in the nuts for a re-education. Unfortunatly- the hikers and mountain bikers will likely have Eagle all to themselves soon and I don't think anything we 4Xers can do will change that with the present attitudes some of us display.
Thanks- Flame on!

Im impressed. Very well said! And your second comment, very well put. Its all about pleasing the majority voice, costs and risks.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Outback adventurer

JeepManager Good newbie
So people..... Replacement spots?
Old 12-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Outback adventurer

Curtis F Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepManager View Post
So people..... Replacement spots?
Sylvester , harrison , squamish , some trails up near stave (avoid the mud ) as for local theres a few trails up burke mtn , VERY frowned upon tho. But you wont have to worry cause eagle will be open for a while .
Old 12-11-2009, 06:21 PM

Sailor Good newbie
"I know I can always get my rig in there no matter what they do .. thats all that really matters and I also know that it isnt ppl like me who wreck it for everyone ."
- Curtis F

Interesting attitude.

Does it really matter that Eagle (or substitute the name of any local, convenient wheeling area that we enjoy) has been somewhat off limits for a while and that these rumours about a permanent closure resurface periodically?

Some of the most famous off road trails in the world (ever hear of the Rubicon?) are very close to being lost to us and our children because we as 'Wheelers' can't get our shit together and present a unified and responsible facade to the regulating authorities. Highly respected organizations of long tenure such as the TLCA and others have worked tirelessly to preserve these areas for us. Attitudes like Curtis F- "F 'em! My rig will climb over/ around any barrier THEY throw up! Wheeling is my inalienable right!" will get all of our rigs consigned to the mall parking lot. Sorry Curtis- I met you briefly and you seem like a good guy- can't figure out your thought process though. I think your attitude is self distructive if you want to wheel in BC for the rest of your life. I am pretty sure that I am significantly older than you- please notice that I didn't say smarter! and I think that extra time has tought me there are more effective ways to achieve what you want without degrading a situation for yourself and others. Use your head- not the loud pedal.

Recently on IH8MUD a Vancouver Island member was banned for saying basically the same thing about bypassing barriers. Fair Ball.

I think from perusing this site that I am too old or too conservative or too chickenshit to participate. I am thinking about the younger crowd that are just getting into this activity who would like to have the same opportunities we have had over the more than 20 years since I got my DL and first 4X4.

I'll leave my profile here for a while yet. Have fun in BC!
Old 12-11-2009, 06:36 PM
Albatross
Swollen Member

barracuda bad newbie
I could say so many things

Old 12-11-2009, 06:54 PM

Todd_Bronco2 bad newbie
That sucks that their trying to close it down but no matter what you do gate it, clean it, or anything else it will only take one person to screw it up for everyone else!
Old 12-12-2009, 12:30 AM
it's 5' of
Swollen Member

D-Ass Good newbie
well I have had quite enough or the interweb BULLSHIT! I have now contacted the mayor of coquitlam and am going to be speeking with him shortly about the situation with eagle and what can be done to keep the area open to orv but limit acsess to "stalk veicles" onece this is done i will post an update and share what the situation is.

until then every thing you hear is just

Beat your children or i will beat you!
Old 12-12-2009, 12:36 AM
Outback adventurer

Curtis F Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
I could say so many things

x2...comparing eagle ridge to rubicon..wow
Old 12-12-2009, 12:41 AM
Outback adventurer

Curtis F Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcredxj View Post
well I have had quite enough or the interweb BULLSHIT! I have now contacted the mayor of coquitlam and am going to be speeking with him shortly about the situation with eagle and what can be done to keep the area open to orv but limit acsess to "stalk veicles" onece this is done i will post an update and share what the situation is.

until then every thing you hear is just
this thread should end right there...
Old 12-12-2009, 12:48 AM
Outback adventurer

Curtis F Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
"I know I can always get my rig in there no matter what they do .. thats all that really matters and I also know that it isnt ppl like me who wreck it for everyone ."
- Curtis F

Interesting attitude.

Does it really matter that Eagle (or substitute the name of any local, convenient wheeling area that we enjoy) has been somewhat off limits for a while and that these rumours about a permanent closure resurface periodically?

Some of the most famous off road trails in the world (ever hear of the Rubicon?) are very close to being lost to us and our children because we as 'Wheelers' can't get our shit together and present a unified and responsible facade to the regulating authorities. Highly respected organizations of long tenure such as the TLCA and others have worked tirelessly to preserve these areas for us. Attitudes like Curtis F- "F 'em! My rig will climb over/ around any barrier THEY throw up! Wheeling is my inalienable right!" will get all of our rigs consigned to the mall parking lot. Sorry Curtis- I met you briefly and you seem like a good guy- can't figure out your thought process though. I think your attitude is self distructive if you want to wheel in BC for the rest of your life. I am pretty sure that I am significantly older than you- please notice that I didn't say smarter! and I think that extra time has tought me there are more effective ways to achieve what you want without degrading a situation for yourself and others. Use your head- not the loud pedal.

Recently on IH8MUD a Vancouver Island member was banned for saying basically the same thing about bypassing barriers. Fair Ball.

I think from perusing this site that I am too old or too conservative or too chickenshit to participate. I am thinking about the younger crowd that are just getting into this activity who would like to have the same opportunities we have had over the more than 20 years since I got my DL and first 4X4.

I'll leave my profile here for a while yet. Have fun in BC!
Too many things I can tear apart in this post ...
Old 12-12-2009, 10:06 AM
doesn't play well with others
Swollen Member

m j bad newbie
Sailor,
most of the members are 40+ years old
you do seem to be a PC pussy that wont cut it in the real world so dont let the door hit your ass on the way out.

I think the real solution is to start killing any locals that complain about 4x4 access
once you kill a few familys up there the rest will toe the line

or maybe put a security camera up and record the asshats dumping their garbage
if you get info on dumpers do not waste your time with cops as they will do fuck all