Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 12-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Outback adventurer

Curtis F Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby b View Post
"...there will always be a way in no matter what they do"

I wouldn't hold my breath.
You dont have to , everytime they do this someone makes a way in , plus theres a back way in already that anyone can drive up with a rig . and i know of 2 seperate other ways in on the other side of the mountain that meets the rock trail ... soo yes there is . this has happend about 3 or 4 times already . If you got a seriously built rig how can you not get in? it will just limit the amount of ppl that can get in ...
Old 12-11-2009, 02:03 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

bobby b bad newbie
Don't you think if they are serious about completely closing access, that the consequences of being caught in there will become more serious?
I don't think that 'punching' new ways into an area that is closed off is gonna help the cause ( prob a lost cause now but you get the gist ). It's that kind of action that gives those that want areas permanently closed to 4x4's, ammuntion against those that DO want to initiate any kind of responsible 4x4 use.

Last edited by bobby b : 12-11-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Rollin like a redneck
Swollen Member

Happypants Good newbie
there is non stop bullshit on the internet about eagle being closed or getting closed down, no matter how many cleanups or anything that happens is going to do shit all, its mainly the people that live up there dumping there shit at eagle, and im not kidding, if you were to go through some of that garbage you would realize very fast that the person that dumped it lives on that mountain, if they were auctually going to "close" it, they would, you can drive right through both gates right now, if they close the gates and you know where to look you would realize that there are a few other ways into eagle besides the gate,

any kind of gate key option wouldnt really do much up there cause it would only take one person to get a key and fuck it all up, start copying keys and handing them out to all there friends,

if there gonna close eagle, really, who gives a fuck, it gets pretty boring fast in there, and yea wheeling in garbage gets old fast too,
Old 12-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Outback adventurer

JeepManager Good newbie
Ya but it's so damn convenient
Old 12-11-2009, 02:51 PM

bobby b bad newbie
Yep, some garbage prob. is from some locals.... who know's, hell I get garbage dumped in my back lane, prob a local with a perfectly good garbage can too, but I bet no Westwood plateau homeowners are burnin' up there old car's in there.
Why shouldn't anyone give a fuck if it gets closed.
Boring, maybe to those that have been there many times, but anytime I have been, I did not seen anyone that looked bored.
I have packed garbage outta there as have many others, you may have too, that is 'giving a fuck'.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:57 PM
winter camping give me a
Swollen Member

Honky bad newbie
Hey whats wrong with havin fun in gabage

Old 12-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Outback adventurer

Curtis F Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetrash View Post
there is non stop bullshit on the internet about eagle being closed or getting closed down, no matter how many cleanups or anything that happens is going to do shit all, its mainly the people that live up there dumping there shit at eagle, and im not kidding, if you were to go through some of that garbage you would realize very fast that the person that dumped it lives on that mountain, if they were auctually going to "close" it, they would, you can drive right through both gates right now, if they close the gates and you know where to look you would realize that there are a few other ways into eagle besides the gate,

any kind of gate key option wouldnt really do much up there cause it would only take one person to get a key and fuck it all up, start copying keys and handing them out to all there friends,

if there gonna close eagle, really, who gives a fuck, it gets pretty boring fast in there, and yea wheeling in garbage gets old fast too,

Thats all that needs to be said ... hit the nail on the head , this shit has been goin on for years and everytime it happens there is a big thread started about it . I see a million ways into eagle even if they do close the gate .. say what you want about "assholes like me that are gonna wreck it for everyone" but the reality is that its already "off limits" to everyone . I know I can always get my rig in there no matter what they do .. thats all that really matters and I also know that it isnt ppl like me who wreck it for everyone . its the people who go up there n shoot guns at the powerlines and dump garbage and burn cars
Old 12-11-2009, 03:21 PM
Albatross
Swollen Member

barracuda bad newbie
Perhaps its me but drunk yahoos are not well liked by civilized folks. being loud and in your face makes people dislike you.

People better themselves in life so they can be in a better place socially (strange huh) live in a better place and be surrounded by better people . (by better i mean people that are the same or similer to themselves)

If your actions are deemed undesireable or contrary then you as a person will not be wanted.

These people that have worked hard studied hard and sacrificed to live there will do what they need to do and go through the proper channels to create an area that they will enjoy because they have earned it.

just thought i would stir the pot a bit
Old 12-11-2009, 03:24 PM
Outback adventurer

Curtis F Good newbie
and if its closed already how is "punching" my way in there gonna do anything .... get it double closed down ?? im willing to take the risk of the consequences you think there are going to be , becuase I live 5 mins away from eagle . I sorry for you if you dont have a rig to get yourself in there or are worried about these so called consequences .
Old 12-11-2009, 03:48 PM

bobby b bad newbie
Hey dont be sorry for me, I live 5 mins from Eagle and I have a pretty damn good rig too. ( BTW, if there was 'consequences' wtf does being 5mins away do )
I don't have all ( or maybe any ) of the answers, maybe it is just another rumour. I still give a fuck.

EDIT: Well said Barracuda, good point.

Last edited by bobby b : 12-11-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Outback adventurer

Curtis F Good newbie
Quote:
Hey dont be sorry for me, I live 5 mins from Eagle and I have a pretty damn good rig too. ( BTW, if there was 'consequences' wtf does being 5mins away do )
I don't have all ( or maybe any ) of the answers, maybe it is just another rumour. I still give a fuck.

EDIT: Well said Barracuda, good point.
It means im willing to take the consequences because I live 5 mins away and im up there alot and is one of my main wheelin spots even to just go for a wheel around for an hour or so .... thats wtf it means .. and with dual cases and 14.5 wide iroks you wont even be able to see where I went through cause my rig treads VERY lightly
Old 12-11-2009, 04:09 PM

bobby b bad newbie
Jeebus.....who pee'd in your cornflakes!

"with dual cases and 14.5 wide iroks you wont even be able to see where I went through cause my rig treads VERY lightly"

Oh, I guess in that case wheel where you want then, I had no idea you had the old 'dual case, 14.5" irok' free pass.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:17 PM
Outback adventurer

Curtis F Good newbie
Quote:
Jeebus.....who pee'd in your cornflakes!

"with dual cases and 14.5 wide iroks you wont even be able to see where I went through cause my rig treads VERY lightly"

Oh, I guess in that case wheel where you want then, I had no idea you had the old 'dual case, 14.5" irok' free pass.
A. I do wheel where I want ... 1 point for you

B. That was for your comment on "punching" a trail to say I dont leave huge ruts and a mess behind ... ill give you half a point on that one

C. Way to take attention away from the other matter at hand we were talking about .... ill give you 2 points AND a gold star for that one.

D. I had cold milk and FROSTED cornflakes this morning ....
Old 12-11-2009, 04:23 PM

bobby b bad newbie
I was trying to stay on subject.

A: good for you
B: good for you
C: i give a fuck ( is there an echo in here )
D: enjoy your lunch

I'm out.

Old 12-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Rollin like a redneck
Swollen Member

Happypants Good newbie
I've yet to see or have any of these "consuquences" that ppl are talking about, when I've been to eagle, always run into hikers and bikers up there, never gotten dirty looks or yelled at, always stop and chat with them for a few minutes, laugh it up with them and continue, there have even been a few times I've run into cops coming in and out of there, he'll there's a couple cops I wheel with up there and haven't ever had any problems, gotten into trouble or gotten fined, they have been talking about closing eagle for years and if they do I'm sure they could make it as unpassable as they want BUT!! They won't because hydro needs to get in there for w/e they need to do,