Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 11-15-2009, 12:33 PM
Prospect

89burban Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
A couple of falls ago I was hunting west of WL when I came across a couple of hunters from Mission , they were stuck in a mud hole.

I went and pulled them out and helped them change a flat they got trying to get out.

Guess i should have asked them for some beer and money before I pulled them out?

Ill keep that in mind from now on..............................

Why were the hunters more important?
They didnt have to be there ,they could have stayed in Mission?
They still got stuck and needed help out just like the other guy.
They also drove somewhere they shouldnt have.
Well first off, like ryan said, dif situation.

First off, hunters would more than likely be far far away from any other help and civiliation.
Broken 4wd dually, was not. And apparently had already been pulled out twice before going back in again.

Fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me. but fool me three times...

And no, I don't mean if anyone is stuck ask then for beer/money. I was saying he should be offering in his case. Or show some appreciation. I'm sure the hunters appreciated very much you helping them out.

Dually seemed to take it in stride the first 2 times, and got stuck again. With nothing to recover himself? Fully relying on others, almost expecting them, to get him out?

I don't know. I wasn't there. So all I can go by is what was posted. And given the info stated, I woulda helped him out, sure. But I wouldn't be risking breaking anything to get him out. He'd have to be digging/working to get himself out. I'd lend a hand.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:27 PM
cornbinder on coils
Swollen Member

epic3 bad newbie
seeins how this has turned to hunters and ignorance seems to be on such short supply by some here I'll use a more tangible example.

ex1 dude gets shot in the foot by another hunter you rush him to the hospital right.
ex2 dude shoots himself in the foot, you rush him to the hospital and call him a dumbass right.
ex3 dude shoots himself in the foot again! Do you go out of your way to help him AGAIN or do you tell him to take a fuckin cab?!

Dumbass has got one fucked up foot and some bad luck to boot but thats his problem not noone elses
Old 11-15-2009, 02:58 PM
Long where it counts
Swollen Member

longhorn bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by epic3 View Post
seeins how this has turned to hunters and ignorance seems to be on such short supply by some here I'll use a more tangible example.

ex1 dude gets shot in the foot by another hunter you rush him to the hospital right.
ex2 dude shoots himself in the foot, you rush him to the hospital and call him a dumbass right.
ex3 dude shoots himself in the foot again! Do you go out of your way to help him AGAIN or do you tell him to take a fuckin cab?!

Dumbass has got one fucked up foot and some bad luck to boot but thats his problem not noone elses

LOLOLOLOL
Old 11-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Rashed and itchy

T.O. bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Why were the hunters more important?
They didnt have to be there ,they could have stayed in Mission?
They still got stuck and needed help out just like the other guy.
They also drove somewhere they shouldnt have.
The question here should be, Did the hunters thank you for the help and turn around and go right back into the same mud hole?
That would make your example valid.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Long where it counts
Swollen Member

longhorn bad newbie
I guess what Im trying to figure out is where is the cutoff point?
I guess every case is diffrent.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:11 PM
ewwww mustard is gross
Swollen Member

mus-Tard Unknown Newbie
if they know better then they need to do some ass kissing. if it is a situation where it is unexpected and bad luck then yeah help is nice.
like l said. l am not breaking my truck so some guy can get out and leave me holding the bill. if he is truly fucked and needs help. then yeah l will help. but stave is the kind of place where it is close to town and you can go get your own help.
l would have offered a ride to cell recption for this guy. but l was not going to drive out there spending my fuel and risking my truck because he was stupid and went back out there again.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:27 PM
Not a Newbie

Zibi Good newbie
How did this go to seven pages?

The guy is just taking advantage of other people's kindness and generosity. He's knowingly going into a stupid area with a broken truck and no way of getting out by his own means. Ignorance is not an excuse because he'd already done it a couple times that day.

In all the other situations, like the hunters, they were not taking advantage of other people's kindness. They didn't go and get stuck assuming that someone else would be there to pull them out at the risk to that person's vehicle and gear.

Thats the definition of a cock, and I can't be fucked wasting my time or money on someone who has no respect or consideration for me or anyone else.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:49 PM
Make your own-iEdit Title in 'User CP'
Swollen Member

Moondog bad newbie
and den......
Old 11-15-2009, 11:38 PM
Not a Newbie

poostang bad newbie
im a dick
Old 11-18-2009, 09:05 PM
Out-N-About

g-rod Unknown Newbie
7 pages of bitching and still no pictures what the fuck
Old 12-01-2009, 12:57 AM
Outback adventurer

Kelowna4runner bad newbie
Hunters are a diffrent story i my self have yanked hunters out of mud holes in the middle of BFN with a bell 206,they seemed happy not like we landed or anything and we where the only help for 50miles im willing too bet.