Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Dodge Talk

Old 11-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Not a Newbie

Foes Unknown Newbie
dodge headlights

the headlights on my 99 cummins are seriously lacking, what have other people done to get more light out of them, clear lenses? different bulbs?
Old 11-08-2009, 10:40 PM
it's 5' of
Swollen Member

D-Ass Good newbie
one word H.I.D.

ok may be 3

Beat your children or i will beat you!
Old 11-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

black442 bad newbie
I did the 6k HID conversion on my 2001 ram. hands down the best money I ever spent. My kit is just the low beams, fits in your factory headlight buckets. you can install them in about 1/2hr. the low beams are 5 times brighter than the stock hibeams with the bumper fog lights on!! on my turck, you can even tell if my fog lights turn on or off, you can't even see them. the conversion kit for your turck is $200(for a low beam only kit), i can help you put them in if you want.

the pros: easy install, bright as hell

the cons:

you only have lowbeams for $200, $400 if you want the low/high kit, but trust me, you will never use the highs if you by them, the lows are that bright.

You'll no longer have day time running lights. the ballasts need a full 12volts to fire. daytime running lights are only 5-6volts. to install HID's you have to remove the daytime running light relay in our trucks.

cheers: colby
Old 11-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Not a Newbie

Foes Unknown Newbie
hid's would be a last resort, as i dont really need the extra attention from the police.

what about something like this with some nice white lights in them? http://www.puredieselpower.com/catal...es-p-6072.html
Old 11-09-2009, 04:23 PM
FUCK CANCER
Swollen Member

B bad newbie
i have a version of those im ok with them i wish i had just done the hid's ... i would say that they are better but not enought to justify once again ... i will trade you mine for your stock stuff so i can go hids if interested

Originally Posted by Happypants
do you want this thread deleted?
Old 11-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

black442 bad newbie
HID's won't attract any attention from the police if installed correctly. If you stay under 6k, the light color is still white, not blue or purple like you see lots of cars have on the road. the most useable light spectrum is 3500k to 6000k. there are 2 mistakes people make with a HID conversion

1: if you use the stock headlight bucket, you have to aim it down quite a bit to put the light into a usable place, so that it's not blinding everyone else on the road.

2: the proper way is to put the HID into a projector lens(like the example you've given) that has the shield for the bulb and the light that is thrown off is reflected off of the chrome housing and not shining directly into oncoming traffic.

If you install HID's properly, you will never be hassled by the police. they are a much more efficient form of light. more light at lower temperatures and voltages. thats why all the high end cars come factory with them(porsche, bmw, mercedes, etc.)

If you want, come out to lanlgey and I'll take you for a ride in my ram so you can see what they look like.

cheers: colby
Old 12-29-2009, 08:32 PM
Out-N-About

nonhighwayservice Unknown Newbie
I put in the PIAA ultra whites and they work great
Old 12-29-2009, 08:41 PM
Make your own-iEdit Title in 'User CP'
Swollen Member

Moondog bad newbie
I would like to take a hammer to every vehicle with HID's fitted on them if you can't see well enough with normal headlights you more than likely should be wearing glasses while you are driving.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:25 PM
FUCK CANCER
Swollen Member

B bad newbie
untill you get a set and you will never have another veh with out em

Originally Posted by Happypants
do you want this thread deleted?
Old 12-29-2009, 10:40 PM
Mad Builder
Swollen Member

FU Toolbag bad newbie
I have a set of hid's for my highbeams in a progect that's not done yet, but when I was testing/playing with them, they seamed to take a while to fire up. When they did, they just got brighter and brighter till I just had to shut them down. My question is, when they first fired up they were very dim, so if you switch from low to high, do you get to drive by touch for a bit, or just rewire it so your low's are on all the time and your highs are switched?
Old 12-31-2009, 02:55 PM
Outback adventurer

bcsparky101 Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by moondog View Post
I would like to take a hammer to every vehicle with HID's fitted on them if you can't see well enough with normal headlights you more than likely should be wearing glasses while you are driving.
Yup I agree... but I'm willing to bet I'd like to be driving with them...

Not going to put them in though.. cause I don't want to be blinding people that are coming toward me .. half of them are already blind and the other half are half blind. Fog lights and driving lights on in the city ... If they need all that light they should be restricted to daytime driving.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:52 PM
Outback adventurer

bcsparky101 Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonhighwayservice View Post
I put in the PIAA ultra whites and they work great
I JUST ( an hr ago) did the same and so far I really like them. Much better than what I had. (2 elves with candles )