Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > suzuki Talk

Old 10-24-2009, 08:19 PM
Outback adventurer

tylerc Good newbie
Rear springs up front

I was wondering...

I'm on about my second or third pair of stock front springs in my Samurai, and these ones are now on their way out too. I'm thinking that when i replace them, I should put rear springs in the front this time. I've heard of this before, and know that this set-up will offer more flex, but i had a couple questions about it.

Will doing this change the position of my front axle housing, relative to the rest of the truck? (ie. will it put the axle an inch or two farther forward? Or, will it result in any difference in height?)

How will rear springs fit in the front? (I'm running Breeze revolver shackles if it makes a difference)

Would stock rear springs hold up better than stock front springs?

Does anyone have a set of rear springs that they would sell to me?

Thanks

Last edited by tylerc : 10-24-2009 at 08:24 PM. Reason: correction
Old 10-29-2009, 12:36 PM
Out-N-About

SuzukiSamurai Good newbie
talk to sue at breeze about this, they sold me 2 of the second leafs in the front pack, you cut them and add them into the pack as the 3rd leaf, and that should solve the problem, how far are yours past flat?
Old 10-29-2009, 01:12 PM
Outback adventurer

tylerc Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzukiSamurai View Post
talk to sue at breeze about this, they sold me 2 of the second leafs in the front pack, you cut them and add them into the pack as the 3rd leaf, and that should solve the problem, how far are yours past flat?

Randy suggested that to me a while ago (the first time i shot the front springs). I did it, and it did helped, but the problem isn't that the springs are sagging (they're still sitting flat).

When it first happened, both the front packs where S shaped. After I replaced them, I started kinking one leaf at a time (Usually it's the top one).

I think my problem is axle wrap, but is this common in the front? I have a track bar in the rear, so i don't get it there.

I picked up a couple extra top leafs last night, replaced the kinked one, and now have one as a spare. I think I'll run these until I have to buy more, and I might just go with YJs at that time...

Thanks for the responce
Old 10-30-2009, 07:37 AM
Out-N-About

SuzukiSamurai Good newbie
im pretty sure calmini makes a heavy dudy double wrap spring, i know that the smallest springs you can get from them are 1.5" lift, and there not too expensive
Old 10-30-2009, 12:19 PM
Outback adventurer

tylerc Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzukiSamurai View Post
im pretty sure calmini makes a heavy dudy double wrap spring, i know that the smallest springs you can get from them are 1.5" lift, and there not too expensive

I have a set of front 2.5" Calmini springs, but haven't run them. I bought them used, but then heard that they wheren't very good springs (in terms of flex and a smooth ride). Maybe I should try them next? I might just sell them... Either way, I tossed in another set of front springs the other night, so I'm good untill I kill those ones too. Who knows, they might just last