Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats

Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats Got a question or want to show off a new mod on your Quad, Snowmobile, bike or Boat? This is the place to go

Old 09-28-2009, 04:52 AM
Now I see what FIBC is about

mogster bad newbie
atv insurance

whats the deal with atv insurance ?
I asked at london drugs ,only liability coverage per quad $150
is there a better package ,one that covers more than one or is trnsferable to whichever one your using ?
is it really nessary ?
Old 09-28-2009, 09:58 AM
Wheeling a Golf Cart gives me a

harvester_sorrow Good newbie
I go through Capri insurance. $125 a year for liability. They also offer theft. Is it necessary, it's cheaper then the $500 no insurance fine. I hit too many roadblocks not to have it.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:41 PM
My carbon print is the size of a crater
Swollen Member

dirka dave bad newbie
About time, maybe it will stop some of the fucking assholes form thinking they can ride like complete asshats and not have any consequences for their actions on FSR.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:11 PM
Outback adventurer

*Ub6 Good newbie
I doubt it.. there are no plates or id numbers involved so these asshats are still going to be running around like a bunch of retarded chimpanzees giving the good riders a bad name.

On the insurance thing.. I went with Oasis and because my quad is new I went with the full coverage.. even if I hit a tree and wreck it.. it will be covered... but almost $500.00 a year.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:51 PM
something
Swollen Member

skyjacker Good newbie
ya i just got liability on mine for $120 a year only thing that kinda ticks me off about it is that you gotta cary the papers everwhere you go now if you got 4X it aint so bad but try finding room on a sports quad you can hardley fit a pack of smokes under the seat let alone paperwork , i think mabe they should give you a sticker kinda like in the states even if its just one for a regular licence plate , that way the cops can see you have it without stopping you , unless ur being an asshat and so you dont loose them or wreck them

just my opinion though
Old 09-29-2009, 09:12 PM
I got kicked and now have a
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirka dave View Post
About time, maybe it will stop some of the fucking assholes form thinking they can ride like complete asshats and not have any consequences for their actions on FSR.
It's been mandatory for all motorized vehicles (except snowmobiles) to have third party liability on any forest road.

But did you know that if you're involved in an accident on a forestry road ICBC can automatically place 50/50 blame on both of you? Happened to a buddy of mine who was riding his dirtbike on an old road, minor collision with a SUV. The guy tried to blame my buddy and ICBC told him he was automatically 50% at fault because there is no highway divider (yellow line). Basically it's 2-way traffic on a single wide road so can't really say either one was on the wrong side.

Just get insurance so it covers your ass, that includes quad/bikes as well as the modded 4x4s which are trailered to the backcountry.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyjacker View Post
i think mabe they should give you a sticker kinda like in the states even if its just one for a regular licence plate , that way the cops can see you have it without stopping you , unless ur being an asshat and so you dont loose them or wreck them

just my opinion though
The only thing that will happen when we have to have plates is the enviro hippies will try to blame every bit of damage they see on whatever quad they see that day even if it's not you. I for one am not looking forward to having a plate on my quad. I'm all for registration even though it's a money grab, because hopefully it will help quad recoveries and also the government will finally realize how large a tourism (ie: tax dollars) quadding is.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:43 PM
something
Swollen Member

skyjacker Good newbie
you dont need plates , im just saying it would be better if they gave you a sticker you can slap on ur fender or w/e so u dont halfto cary the papers around , just think they could have shit a little more organized
Old 10-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Quote:
you dont need plates , im just saying it would be better if they gave you a sticker you can slap on ur fender or w/e so u dont halfto cary the papers around , just think they could have shit a little more organized
Don't you carry a pack with you, for water etc? Or at least a small tool pouch? Could probably stuff them in there. I got 2 copies when I bought mine, 1 at home and 1 in the quad in a ziplock bag.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:41 PM
something
Swollen Member

skyjacker Good newbie
no not usually when im riding the banshee , especially when im just tearing around stave or out at the river i just think its kinda dumb
Old 10-03-2009, 08:13 AM
Having FUN IN B.C.

trencher bad newbie
Quote:
ya i just got liability on mine for $120 a year only thing that kinda ticks me off about it is that you gotta cary the papers everwhere you go now if you got 4X it aint so bad but try finding room on a sports quad you can hardley fit a pack of smokes under the seat let alone paperwork , i think mabe they should give you a sticker kinda like in the states even if its just one for a regular licence plate , that way the cops can see you have it without stopping you , unless ur being an asshat and so you dont loose them or wreck them

just my opinion though
I keep my papers in a packing slip pouch stuck to the inside of my hood. For the few times a year i get checked it is easy enough to pull out. then it's always with your machine too.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:15 AM
Having FUN IN B.C.

trencher bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaycat View Post
The only thing that will happen when we have to have plates is the enviro hippies will try to blame every bit of damage they see on whatever quad they see that day even if it's not you. I for one am not looking forward to having a plate on my quad. I'm all for registration even though it's a money grab, because hopefully it will help quad recoveries and also the government will finally realize how large a tourism (ie: tax dollars) quadding is.
I'm with you on this one, the over eager yuppie types around here love to try and pin things on the first guy they see in a truck or on a bike.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:32 AM
Make your own-iEdit Title in 'User CP'
Swollen Member

Moondog bad newbie
London Drugs does quad insurance?
Old 10-06-2009, 04:30 AM
Now I see what FIBC is about

mogster bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondog View Post
London Drugs does quad insurance?
yep they do in MR
Old 10-06-2009, 03:46 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

bcmaxx Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaycat View Post
It's been mandatory for all motorized vehicles (except snowmobiles) to have third party liability on any forest road.

But did you know that if you're involved in an accident on a forestry road ICBC can automatically place 50/50 blame on both of you? Happened to a buddy of mine who was riding his dirtbike on an old road, minor collision with a SUV. The guy tried to blame my buddy and ICBC told him he was automatically 50% at fault because there is no highway divider (yellow line). Basically it's 2-way traffic on a single wide road so can't really say either one was on the wrong side.

Just get insurance so it covers your ass, that includes quad/bikes as well as the modded 4x4s which are trailered to the backcountry.
You really think we need it around here? I/ve been riding years all over and never had a problem, I dont know anyone that has liability insurance on their atv, dirtbike. I'll be pissed the day it happens! I'll have to register and pay the taxes on 8 g's. fockers