Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > General 4x4 Discussion

General 4x4 Discussion General discussion and questions that would apply to all makes.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:18 AM
Having FUN IN B.C.

bcmaxx Good newbie
need tire help km2 mt- or open country mt

Looking for help decided on a set of tires for a jeep. Looking at bfg mt km2 or toyo open country mt's. The size is 33x10.5x15. I have heard the toyo's are tough, and have better sidewalls. Anyone confirm this? The tires are the same price (around 210 a peice) Thanks in advance for any advice!
Old 09-18-2009, 10:33 AM
This is a title under my name
Swollen Member

Pudge bad newbie
Not a fan of the BFG's myself. The Toyo's I hear lots of good things about. If you are going to go with Toyo, save your money and buy the Pro Comp Xtreme M/T they are 4 for 3 till the end of Sept. I run the 33's on mine and love them.

P

98 Jeep Cherocar
Old 09-18-2009, 10:36 AM
Prospect

Crack Unknown Newbie
I've had both on my diesel. KM2's last longer... harder compound, but they suck in the rain. Also once they wear down they have a really rough ride. Overall the toyo's were a better tire.
I'm getting down to the end of the KN2's right now... had to groove them so I can actually get traction in the rain.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:40 AM
Rashed and itchy

T.O. bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcmaxx View Post
Looking for help decided on a set of tires for a jeep. Looking at bfg mt km2 or toyo open country mt's. The size is 33x10.5x15. I have heard the toyo's are tough, and have better sidewalls. Anyone confirm this? The tires are the same price (around 210 a peice) Thanks in advance for any advice!
You should give me $150 for my wild country's.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:10 PM

no_pistons7 Good newbie
i got the open countrys on my truck, no complaints here, pretty nice ride and not to loud, they do pretty good in the rain..i have a few freidns with them on there trucks and love them also...dont know anyone with the km2's though so cant really help u there
Old 09-18-2009, 12:42 PM
Out-N-About

Chris.S. Unknown Newbie
I also have the Toyo's and have nothing bad at all to say. They've always pulled me through whatever mud I think they should and knowing that I've got 10ply sidewalls is nice in the rocky sections.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:15 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

xtremeyj Good newbie
All Ive heard from the guys runnin hardcore shit about them KM2's is they keep rippin out sidewalls. I wouldn't run em, but depends on what ya call offroadin'
Old 09-18-2009, 01:27 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

bcmaxx Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeyj View Post
All Ive heard from the guys runnin hardcore shit about them KM2's is they keep rippin out sidewalls. I wouldn't run em, but depends on what ya call offroadin'
Went with the 33x10.5x15 km2s. got for $191 each, couldnt resist
Old 10-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

BushWhackXJ Unknown Newbie
I went with the KM2's, but haven;t had them for long enough to tell you any horror stories. But i do know that i got them for pretty damn cheap cause they sell them at costco. saved like 400 or 500 $$$. check out costco's pricing
Old 10-14-2009, 11:30 PM
Out-N-About

Jayota Good newbie
Will costco sell you just tires?

I thought since they wouldnt install tires any bigger than stock, they wouldnt sell you them either...?
Old 10-15-2009, 12:01 AM
Outback adventurer

98ranger Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayota View Post
Will costco sell you just tires?

I thought since they wouldnt install tires any bigger than stock, they wouldnt sell you them either...?
The guy I talked to in the Langley location had no problem once I assured him that my truck had been modified to fit them. I priced out some 33/12.5-15's and they came out to about 920 or so.