Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add '' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 08-28-2009, 03:23 PM
Not a Newbie
Zibi Good newbie
The notwithstanding clause is almost never used by any governing power, and is written in for much larger scale things. The notwithstanding clause gives the government the power to violate any of the rights given in the charter. What holds this power in check is the fact that any government stupid enough to use the notwithstanding clause would almost certainly lose power in the next election.

A good example of this in action is back when the Quebec provincial government decided to pass legislation stating that all signs in Quebec could only contain french and no other language. This clearly violates our right to equality, but the frenchies said, yeah, you're right, but we're passing this legislation notwithstanding the right to equality.

As for all those other acts posted...yeah, thats entirely correct. But they're nothing new, they were just as much in force and effect 6 months ago as they are now, and have nothing to do with the changes in the land use act.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:54 PM
Swollen Member
barracuda bad newbie
I was merely pointing out section 33 notwithstanding clause to highlight the fact that we do not have inalienable rights just because it is in the charter(well we have a few but not like people think) and even the rights that are inalienable can be curtailed because we have so many laws for so many things.

you are correct in saying that it most likely wont be put into effect but the reality of it is that it could be depending on circumstances. it has been used a few times and most folks dont even know it exists.

the things i posted pertaining to this were only from the Criminal Code of Canada , if one sifts though all the other acts and regs you would have a telephone book worth of infractions .

I appreciate the proof reading . it actually means somebody is listening to me as i sit here in my tinfoil hat stoned on Tramacete eating Cheetos in the nude

if anyone wants to read #33 here it is
The simple minded rumor mill is hard at work telling me the story of my life
Old 08-28-2009, 06:46 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.
xtremeyj Good newbie
Fuck, now some shittards started a car on fire up harrison west and got the forest going, thats not gonna help at all
Team JTC
I locked my keys in my car in front of planned parenthood. I'm terrified of going inside to ask to borrow a clothes hangar..
Old 08-29-2009, 12:47 AM
waggie Unknown Newbie
what.......... this one?

Name:  burned xj.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  81.2 KB

Name:  fire1.jpg
Size:  77.9 KB

Name:  fire2.jpg
Size:  96.0 KB

Name:  fire3.jpg
Size:  28.6 KB

Name:  fire 4.jpg
Size:  36.0 KB

a friend of mine was going to drive through to pemberton but couldnt quite get past this. He said that about 10 min drive before comming to the jeep, he ran into a handfull of people that said they got a hole in the gas tank and then the jeep caught on fire. after takin these pics, he turned back. about 40 min back south, he ran into a fire warden. He assured them that a helicopter was already on site evaluating the situation, but was interested in the information they had to share, given their eyewitness knowledge. About 30 minutes further along the road, they passed two vehicles heading up to fight the fire - a tanker truck followed by a 4x4 full of crew