Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:40 PM
winter camping give me a
Swollen Member

Honky bad newbie
Thanks for the heads up Kev, but I would need to look into it more instead of doing something knee jerk.

I really feel bad for Rich as he has put a lot of time and effort into making that event happen. I still think that they have that in place for more of a commercial type of event like a Rave or any “organized” and paid event. I am not too worried about what we do. We are just a group of people getting out and enjoying B.C. just because there are 50-70 of us on the weekend does not make us organized. Not to say that they would not ask a few questions but I highly doubt we are on the radar.

Not that I agree with what they are doing at all but I can understand where they are coming from. Nothing before was stopping people from running a commercial event on crown land and making a profit from it. I think they should leave events alone like what Rich is doing and go after the raves that leave a shit load of mess everywhere

Funinbc has ever been into commercial structured events. Mostly what we do is try and get people out enjoy the backwoods of B.C. hey and if we have a bbq and fire along the way even better.

This one of the reasons I asked Dean to keep the Funinbc name off the King of the Pitt event this year
Old 08-25-2009, 05:55 PM
Rollin like a redneck
Swollen Member

Happypants Good newbie
after reading these last posts i auctually wanna get rid of my jeep now, if there watching us and forsing us off of crown land, why dont they make some fucking ORV parks like they have EVERYWHERE in the U.S.A, fuck i might as well move down there at least there i can drive my jeep with just orv tags and dont have to deal with fuck bags dumping shit and asshole cops kicking me outta the back country cause im a "punk", fuck im so sick of this bullshit from the cops, government, im gonna go cut my fucking jeep up and get rid of it, this is bullshit!!!!,

is there going to be any kind of hearings for this where the public can go voice there opion or find out whats going to be done rather than looking on a website!?!? if this shit goes down, im done wheeling, fuck this, its bad enough already!!
Old 08-25-2009, 06:02 PM
Gettin' out havin' fun

degsey bad newbie
I think thats what they want u to do get rid of your jeep and stop wrecking the enviroment. keep doing what u do dont let them win. when they ticket u take them to court, best way to get your voice heard.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:02 PM
it's 5' of
Swollen Member

D-Ass Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneckNick View Post
after reading these last posts i auctually wanna get rid of my jeep now, if there watching us and forsing us off of crown land, why dont they make some fucking ORV parks like they have EVERYWHERE in the U.S.A, fuck i might as well move down there at least there i can drive my jeep with just orv tags and dont have to deal with fuck bags dumping shit and asshole cops kicking me outta the back country cause im a "punk", fuck im so sick of this bullshit from the cops, government, im gonna go cut my fucking jeep up and get rid of it, this is bullshit!!!!,

is there going to be any kind of hearings for this where the public can go voice there opion or find out whats going to be done rather than looking on a website!?!? if this shit goes down, im done wheeling, fuck this, its bad enough already!!
ok nick now tell us how you really feel

Beat your children or i will beat you!
Old 08-25-2009, 06:22 PM
Rollin like a redneck
Swollen Member

Happypants Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey View Post
I think thats what they want u to do get rid of your jeep and stop wrecking the enviroment. keep doing what u do dont let them win. when they ticket u take them to court, best way to get your voice heard.
true but get a ticket everytime you go out?
Old 08-25-2009, 06:38 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

xtremeyj Good newbie
I have no idea about hearings and such, if I find out anything Ill let people know, Im not sure if public support will help at this point anyway, its like petitions, they dont pay attention to them anyway. All I know is what I have been told. Im really not tryin to scare anyone, just tryin to tell everyone to be careful from here on out about what gets posted and what we do in the backwoods. Im the last person that wants to stay out of the bush, look at what I drive and the fawkin money I have spent.

Im all for what Can-rock is tryin to do, and am supporting it 100%, we need to bring this sport up to Canada but to do so it needs to be completely legal cause to do it right we need the public to see what we are doing, and to see that we are responsible wheelers, for the most part anyway. Its only the few fucktards in the bunch who are causing all this bullshit for us.

And Kev, if you need any help with lookin into this shit, I will do what I can. Im sure there will be some misunderstandings of the proper use and care of crown land, and some people will get nailed to the wall in the learning process here, I just hope its none of us.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:40 PM
Albatross
Swollen Member

barracuda bad newbie
to diminish what is being said and the fact that these sites are being monitored (like i have always said) is a rather short sighted and self serving.

dont act like an asshat ,dont dismiss or diminish the seriousness of things just to just so you can play. most dont have the funds to ignore fines or go to court all the time .

most people dont like the reality of them being watched and many folks reject it because it it spoils thier fun
Old 08-25-2009, 10:06 PM
doesn't play well with others
Swollen Member

m j bad newbie
is there a link to any of this or is it all hearsay bullshit?
Old 08-25-2009, 10:25 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

crazydude Unknown Newbie
Well if they are checking up on all the forums guess we have to shut them down and go under ground. But it sounds more like to me is like what has already been said there looking for stuff like rave party's , facebook postings of huge grad party's cause we all know what kind of mess these groups cause and just other organized wreck less party's. I think fibc and others like it, is safe do to its small groups of just friends going out having some fun not organizing big party's. There going to be looking for the other bullshit we all hate to see but this is my 2 cents. Mind ya it is the liberal government and a lot of ya did vote them back in now look whats happening.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:26 PM
Make your own-iEdit Title in 'User CP'
Swollen Member

ROBO bad newbie
the question i have is how much$$ does this pastime involve... and were does the $$ go? how much $$ gets put into the local economy through wheelin? quadin? etc. tax $$ paid...how many jobs do we support in this hobbie...? maybe its time too get the comercial end of the sport involved?
if the shut down the bush as so... whos going too buy the new quads from the local shops? or other parts? just sayin..
Old 08-25-2009, 10:29 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

crazydude Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBO View Post
the question i have is how much$$ does this pastime involve... and were does the $$ go? how much $$ gets put into the local economy through wheelin? quadin? etc. tax $$ paid...how many jobs do we support in this hobbie...? maybe its time too get the comercial end of the sport involved?
if the shut down the bush as so... whos going too buy the new quads from the local shops? or other parts? just sayin..
Good point
Old 08-25-2009, 11:21 PM
Outback adventurer

Zukibuggy Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey View Post
I think thats what they want u to do get rid of your jeep and stop wrecking the enviroment. heard.
it is very funny in the way that they allow loggers to clearcut trees,chew huge ruts into the ground, and not really give a shit about the enviroment, whilst the wheelers who do Less damage and mostly keep the enviro clean still get the shitty end of the shit stick.

I have seen more damage to the enviroment from the logging and mining industries than any of the local punks that burn cars illegallly and party all night.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:49 PM
Outback adventurer

lester Good newbie
heres a thought with every ticket you get fight it even if you know your in the wrong fight it the cop or CO might not show up then after the third one you can have the cop or CO charged with harrasment then you could take the gove to court to make them prove they you are distroying the envyroment and you can turn it around on them by taking pics of clean ups that you are doing and show the distruction that is happening by the govenment weather its the Libs or the New Depression Party
Old 08-27-2009, 06:07 PM
Team Cliqueless
Swollen Member

UU is a splendid one to beholdUU is a splendid one to beholdUU is a splendid one to beholdUU is a splendid one to beholdUU is a splendid one to beholdUU is a splendid one to behold
can we change xtremeyj's name to Fear Mongerer
Old 08-27-2009, 06:09 PM
i gots me a
Swollen Member

Ironman bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zukibuggy View Post
it is very funny in the way that they allow loggers to clearcut trees,chew huge ruts into the ground, and not really give a shit about the enviroment, whilst the wheelers who do Less damage and mostly keep the enviro clean still get the shitty end of the shit stick.

I have seen more damage to the enviroment from the logging and mining industries than any of the local punks that burn cars illegallly and party all night.

logging and mining is a income source for the goerment.Why do you think they are amending the act, they want every little penny they can get their hands on