Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:20 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

xtremeyj Good newbie
New land use acts

As of aug 13th the current land use act has been void and they are drafting up a new act, which changes all use issues for all of us. The use of crown land for ANY organized event, paid or unpaid, is now subject to permits and fees. This means any event posted up on any forum without permits is illegal and subject to fines of numbers you dont wanna see. Can-rock has been cancelled because of it.

Here is a post taken from another site, doesnt say much however no-one really knows much, fawkin government.

Since there is a major change in the land act. Can-Rock will not be hosting nor partaking in any public land event.

We will however have a couple private areas that are in the works to hold comps.

The skinny is this. The BC land Act;
http://www.bclaws.ca/Recon/document/...#FOUND-NOTHING

as stated is current to August 12, 2009. The laws that make it effective are going to change.

There is a new Land Act that is coming into effect in October something of 2009.

So as with anything that needs to last, we are trying to be proactive and make the switch from one act to another as painless as possible.

There are going to be alot of questions regarding the changes, and many of them will be answered in October...

So until then... I have no answers, but as you can imagine, the government officials horde the answers until the last minute.

And if you think they are not watching, here is a post from someone who is bein investigated for this exact issue

Believe me guys, we are all just as dissapointed as you. We all worked very hard this year for what looks like nothing in the end

It goes allot deeper than just, "hold the comp anyway on the DL"

We are being watched, plain and simple. They know trail names, locations, they have copies of our Vids, youtube vids, etc, etc, etc

I wish I could fill you all in on what we are dealing with right now.......IT'S NOT COOL
Old 08-24-2009, 08:41 PM
Make your own-
Swollen Member

Ginger Snaps Good newbie
the next couple months is going to be intresting to see what happens..
Old 08-24-2009, 09:19 PM
loosing pavement gives me a
Swollen Member

Trailjunkie Good newbie
stinkin goverment pushin us around on crown land. some day the people have to take control and put these suits in there place. we should be abel to do as we wish. as long as were not doin anything to damadge the area or hurt the wild life.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:13 PM
Out-N-About

waggie Unknown Newbie
fawkin government!!!

they think a footprint in the mud is damaging the area. ohhhhhh gawd...... just think what a tire might do.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:18 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

trencher bad newbie
More and more reasons to move to another province.....fuckin liberals won't be happy until we are paying to hike on public land....oops i probably just gave Gordos' fuckers an idea
Old 08-24-2009, 11:37 PM
Outback adventurer

five.0L Unknown Newbie
it 100,000. dollar fine i belive right?
Old 08-24-2009, 11:58 PM
ewwww mustard is gross
Swollen Member

mus-Tard Unknown Newbie
cant l just go play outside?
Old 08-25-2009, 01:15 AM
it's 5' of
Swollen Member

D-Ass Good newbie
this is one that should be taken as high as you can go fuck this bull shit I am fed up with this shit! I can't put into words how pissed off I am with this bull. now next year we will need a stack of permits for the newbe run. matter of fact we will need permits for any group run what so ever!

all I can say is this is "FUKEN BULL SHIT!!!"

Beat your children or i will beat you!
Old 08-25-2009, 01:18 AM
Stop staring at my
Swollen Member

Location: Usually in a tent near; Davis lake, Stave Lake, Harrison,
FKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
cant l just go play outside?
to that! I wonder how many burgers we would have to sell to lease a kickass chunk of land to play on.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:28 AM
ewwww mustard is gross
Swollen Member

mus-Tard Unknown Newbie
fuck they are turning us good people into outlaws
Old 08-25-2009, 07:54 AM
Now I see what FIBC is about

Renegord Good newbie
Stupid ass government.It would be nice if they would stop using our tax dollars to pay themselves to sit around thinking of new ways to rape us for more tax dollars. them.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:08 AM
winter camping give me a
Swollen Member

Honky bad newbie
I will be looking into this to try and get more details. I would think that they want to have the power to stop raves and other paid advertized organized events.

I would be VERY surprised if they want to stop something like the newbie run where it was a bunch of people getting together to have fun on some local trails and have a hamburger lunch after.

Funinbc has always been into the more low key get together rather than organized with sponsors

That really sucks about the Can-Rock and other future organized events. I also hope this doesn’t affect the King of the pit

Talk about a no-fun government asshole move.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:28 AM
I edited my own title, I'm a big boy now

'Balmer Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honky View Post
I will be looking into this to try and get more details. I would think that they want to have the power to stop raves and other paid advertized organized events.

I would be VERY surprised if they want to stop something like the newbie run where it was a bunch of people getting together to have fun on some local trails and have a hamburger lunch after.

Funinbc has always been into the more low key get together rather than organized with sponsors

That really sucks about the Can-Rock and other future organized events. I also hope this doesnít affect the King of the pit

Talk about a no-fun government asshole move.

Here's hoping you're right about the low-key events at least! This shit sucks.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:36 AM
flavored
Swollen Member

Candy Good newbie
the goverment is doing more damage then we are.. taking all the fun out of living in Canada...
Old 08-25-2009, 04:29 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

xtremeyj Good newbie
Basically after talking to some people involved in the investigation going on right now, the understanding we all get is that ANY event will be watched. The newbie run fits that categorie, as well as any trail run posted. It was posted and people responded, just cause there is no paperwork does not mean it was not 'organized'. Basically we are being forced out of the crown land, they are not saying we cant use it, but there is a fee. As well, you need to do water sampling before and after and must take before pics and after pics to prove you did not damage the ecosystem. It is entirely bullshit and someone needs to fight this. any lawyers here that wanna go up againt the big ol' canadian gov't??

And the big issue here is also the fact that ANY event, paid or not is subject to the permits and FINES, if there is any. All its gonna take is some CO to catch us in the bush and take our names, or for them to see the posts on our boards, or see the vids on youtube. thats what evidence they are using right now on the on-going investigation.

Last edited by xtremeyj : 08-25-2009 at 04:32 PM.