it was the thermostat. Even though I tested it and the thermostat worked at the time it was still faulty.
But back up and running now
I opened the upper rad hose and lower drain,
used a garden hose in the filler and ran it for awhile.
Removed the thermostat and waited awhile longer till it ran clean.
I used a ramp on one side to get the cap high
and opened the heater hose till it ran clean.
Waited for it all to drain, closed it all up with the new thermostat and filled with antifreeze.
I then opened my upper heater hose and waited for the antifreeze.
When the antifreeze arrivied in the heater hose I closed it up.
finished filling and ran it for awhile.
Only had one good bubble and that was it.
Thanks for the tips.