Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:54 PM
doesn't play well with others
Swollen Member

m j bad newbie
ok a looong one

Chris,
I know who you are, we have met.
I sent your fender back to you because that is the right thing to do, no other reason.
whether you are an idiot I have no idea. young and clueless doesnt necesarily mean 'idiot' as its just a lack of experience.
If I had a personal thing against you I know where to find you, but I dont have anything personal against you, nor do I ever foresee having that kind of problem.
You seem to have an elitist attitude, in regards to different ways of enjoying a 4 wheel drive vehicle, that I do not understand.
Crawlin spudspudspudspudspud get high, and drink, and do stupid shit too, so they are no different then anyone else reading this, to me anyway.
so posting the "drunken mudboggin" comment certainly doesn't win me over as your peers like to post openly about getting high and wheelin and I have seen some beers flow near crawling buggys.
I dont drink, or do drugs, or mudbog

It is just differing politics. I am a bit of a libertarian.
You for some reason believe that Government interference is a good thing in spite of the facts that are all around you.
I know this isn't the case.
If you want to post bullshit that restricting access can be a good thing, and I feel like posting that it isn't, I will post it.
If I break the forum rules the Mods will do what they gotta do, but I usually stay within the guidelines and try to attack the topic (at least til the shit flies) with an eye to respecting the forum.
You prefer to hide in a forum(s) that is highly censored and restricted (which I find odd as the largest forum, for the sport you want to play in, is a wide open, rarely censored, place that you pretty much dont enter, comparitively speaking) so I guess it is only natural for you to want to wheel in a similar area.
some people prefer freedom.
I really don't want you to help some prick block us from going to enjoy our so called free country.
I am certain you are well meaning as most collaborators are.
if you want to discuss real solutions for the actual issues then I am in, restricting access is not even on the list of real solutions.
for instance I have a near 100% solution to garbage dumping issues. make the transfer station and dump free and open during hours that people need to dump.
the laws are already on the books to stop car theft and vandalism.
why punish the innocent with gates for piss poor enforcement issues or making public service a private for profit industry?

I know that any 'improvements' that get done at Stave will be vandalized.
why would they be different then any other item place relatively unprotected?
fuckheads will strike.
giving the penpushers more ammo in the form of demonstrable losses to property will lead to more restriction. it has every other time.
leave it wild
Old 10-17-2008, 07:17 PM

walker Unknown Newbie
hi buddy. i can`t make it. i`ve got this new puppy to take care of.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:28 PM
Prospect

Kraqa bad newbie
Onen thing i want to make clear and maybe this will change your opinion or not i dont' know.

I don't want our wheelign area's shut down. I dont' WANT controlled access. I dont' think anyone does. Plain and simple. But the reality is that no mater what we say and what we do it will get shut down and gated. All i'm doing is getting my foot and anyone else who wants to be apart of this in the door to make it as uswr friendly. Less of a shut the door for good and more of a place that we can wheel hassle free and no worry abotu getting a ticket or our vehicles impounded.

If we tell them no we don't want this they will say fuck you its closed. if we help them understand what we want and need they might just listen and give us exactly that or close to it. They have extended an invitation to help them understand our needs as a comuminty and maybe even an opertunity to work with them if all go's well.

As for hiding in a regulated forum cause i'm afraid of a free world? are you on crack? i don't hang out here because i find the general community is about easy trail rides, mud boggin' and social get togethers. other then the social get togethers i'm not interested in the rest. plain and simple.

i know more then a few peopel the frequent this site. i'm friends with them and i have no problems with what they are about. I drink and smoke weed when i wheel, that is no secrete. Why you would say or hint towards what you did make no sence what so ever. The site i hange out in has less peopel but they are generaly all focus into hardcore rock crawling. if i come accross as a dick thats not my intention at all and for those of you that knwo me on a personal level i'm exactly that. i have my opinions liek everyone else and i'm not afraid to voice them. Ellite? call it what you will.

Get your head out your ass and stay on topic. you wana talk about controlled access fine. you wana talk about me.....fuck off and take it ssomewhere else. by what you have posted you don't knwo shit about me and i doubt you care to learn.
Jeap Thrills Customs Sponsored CAN-ROCK Buggy #604
Toyo Tires Race Team
Old 10-17-2008, 10:47 PM
Frog Legs

4Lo bad newbie
Wow another intraweb pissing match.

I agree with chris/ kris however you spell your name that it is in Stave's future to be shut downand closed for good. I think that all the 4 wheelin and other small outdoor groups community can do is work with local gov't to at least allow restricted access to continue to enjoy this area on a smaller level. Yes buidings wil get vandalized.....no question there regardless of the usage.

I believe an important issue with the whole restricted acces thing is will there be a 24hr a day gatesman to moniter traffic in and out of the area. Taking a photo of each vehicle as it enters and leaves the premises. This may deter some of the hoodlumism up there.

Hoodlumism new word for the dictionary
Old 10-18-2008, 11:59 AM
I wish i had a
Swollen Member

Chopstick has a spectacular aura aboutChopstick has a spectacular aura aboutChopstick has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Lo View Post
Wow another intraweb pissing match.

I agree with chris/ kris however you spell your name that it is in Stave's future to be shut downand closed for good. I think that all the 4 wheelin and other small outdoor groups community can do is work with local gov't to at least allow restricted access to continue to enjoy this area on a smaller level. Yes buidings wil get vandalized.....no question there regardless of the usage.

I believe an important issue with the whole restricted acces thing is will there be a 24hr a day gatesman to moniter traffic in and out of the area. Taking a photo of each vehicle as it enters and leaves the premises. This may deter some of the hoodlumism up there.

Hoodlumism new word for the dictionary
i agree with you about having a gate man there and keeping the idiots out, but they kinda need to keep stave open just so else where doesn't get ruined.. i'm not a big fan of that place do to not have any good trails an i'm not into mud, an some asshole in a red dodge almost running me over while i was parked on the side of the raod with my bike anyways the "Hoodlumism" (thats a mouth full) is just gonna go to east stave or to harrison, or other places we all like to wheel.. i think in a few years (10 - 20) we're gonna lose all our places to wheel.... i'll fight to keep it open for sure
Old 10-18-2008, 01:17 PM
My carbon print is the size of a crater
Swollen Member

dirka dave bad newbie
Wow, my eyes are tired....

and den ??

I like Stave...I HATE PUNK KIDS FUCKING IT UP !!!
Old 10-18-2008, 06:42 PM
Outback adventurer

88_xj Unknown Newbie
As long as what they are charging for "admission" into stave is within reason, say under $10.00, I have no problem paying to go play. Unless they decide to go ape shit on everyones asses, for things like VI's and such.

Although, where else is there that you can go and have a ton of fun for $10.00 or less? I use less gas wheelin' than I do driving into Vancouver, to go to say, watch a hockey game, or visit the aquarium. Even then, I'll still be paying less for "admission" into stave.

I think it might do the place good, clean it up, keep idiots out, and maybe have actual marked wheelin' trails, which would be kinda neat.

All the positive stuff in my post is for if they decide to charge $10.00 or less, any more and fuck it, it's bull shit if it's more than that.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:58 PM
Outback adventurer

happy_hour Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_M View Post
Honestly, like all things i think this park is gonna be really good for some, and really bad for others.. main faults that i see affecting me are :

- Possible VI's coming into stave

- I ride a 2 stroke atv, its gonna be too loud, no spark arrestor,two strokes are getting phased out (banned eventually, no two smokes allowed there one day because there bad for the environment)

- Certain spots where you can and cannot go... if the flats are "getting eroded" then they may be banned for 4x4's ?

- Doesnt really affect me, but no alchohol

- Ive seen government approved downhill MTB trails, there horrible, essentially just downhill single track. All jumps tables.

- They suck at making MTB trails, so i doubt there gonna make good quad trails, and if they do, I bet they wont be 2WD friendly

Honestly, I think stave is fine as it is. Yea theres fuck heads, and shit gets left there, but its nice to have a place to go where you can drive your truck, or anything motorized. Its also a nice escape from the government and city run areas.. almost like a place ruled by the people that inhabit it. If it gets turned into an off road park eventually, I really doubt its going to be as fun. The chaos at stave is almost what makes stave a cool place.. within reason. Idiots torching cars and doing 140 on logging roads have GOTTA GO.

well said..i really hope they dont fuck around with stave i like it the way it is i go up there almost every weekend i dont really feel like paying everytime i want to go wheelin. as for the fuckhead idiots who think its fun to trash their vehicles and leave them up there i like to cuntpunt them . its mainly their fault for the government stepping in and trying to close down stave. yea people tend to get a bit rowdy up there but seriously..people are going to get rowdy ANYWHERE they party and if they close down stave the idiots that ruined it for us at stave are just going to migrate to other areas and they'll eventually get shut down too. im keeping my hopes up that they'll just leave stave the way it is.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:35 AM
Make your own-
Swollen Member

Ginger Snaps Good newbie
Something needs to be done stave needs to be cleaned up one way or another its a shit hole garbage and torched vehicles everywhere. Im for paying 10 bucks max to go play for a day *whats an extra couple bucks on the day* if it keeps the shits heads away. But there is a problem with this the trouble makers will go somewhere else places where some of us have found and dont want others to know about sooo theres no real good solution to this. Im very intrested to see how this all will pan out instead of everyone arguing lets try and work as a team to figure out a solution that works for everyone.

Cheers Matt
Old 10-19-2008, 12:37 AM
Make your own-
Swollen Member

Ginger Snaps Good newbie
and josh VI's wont happen more then they do now so stop bringing up vehicle inspections cause its the least of are worries. keep your junk looken good and put your flaps on you will have no problems.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:01 AM
I wish i had a
Swollen Member

Chopstick has a spectacular aura aboutChopstick has a spectacular aura aboutChopstick has a spectacular aura about
after what they found in the lake today, thats 1 step closer for them to make it a pay an controlled area
Old 10-19-2008, 01:39 AM
Back at it

Josh_M Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heep View Post
after what they found in the lake today, thats 1 step closer for them to make it a pay an controlled area
Yea no kidding Wonder who it was ?shit like this has got to stop...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
and josh VI's wont happen more then they do now so stop bringing up vehicle inspections cause its the least of are worries. keep your junk looken good and put your flaps on you will have no problems.
I fret the small things what can i say
Old 10-19-2008, 12:47 PM
Frog Legs

4Lo bad newbie
Just when I thought this thread was getting on track it suddenly derailed.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:19 PM
Boy I'm glad I don't have a
Swollen Member

curlee has much to be proud ofcurlee has much to be proud ofcurlee has much to be proud ofcurlee has much to be proud ofcurlee has much to be proud ofcurlee has much to be proud ofcurlee has much to be proud ofcurlee has much to be proud of
Here's an article I found online... this is what people think of the people that hang out at Stave Lake:
http://www.bclocalnews.com/surrey_ar.../27624249.html
Old 10-21-2008, 02:33 PM
winter camping give me a
Swollen Member

Honky bad newbie
What a self righteous asshole. I hate fuckers like this. He thinks the only way to enjoy B.C. is HIS way so he paints a pictures with everyone using the same brush. Open your Eye’s you son of a bitch!