Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 05-29-2007, 07:24 AM
You wish your girl was this dirty
Swollen Member

Mudgirl bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetrashxj View Post
speaking of hale, what happend to that little cabin setup that was there? someone burn it? same with 42mile bay, the cabin that was there is also gone... someone in need of some fire wood or something,

The one @ hale was ripped down because it was unstable - there are plans to rebuild one (talk to Sdillen on the board)
THe one @ 42..........when we were there in FEb it looked like it may have burnt down by accident (the fire started in the back corner)

I am a dirty, dirty girl
Old 05-29-2007, 11:50 PM
Don't piss me off or I might kick your

Mukaluk bad newbie
I absolutely agree with everyone else... fuckfaces like those don't deserve to camp in our beautiful outdoors. They obviously take it for granted.

Funken losers need to be hunted down and be given a good whipin'...

Disgusting...
Old 05-30-2007, 12:31 AM
Prospect

whitlers Unknown Newbie
thats fawkin sick..same deal at sunrise awhile ago...PICK UP YOUR SHIT
Old 05-30-2007, 01:00 AM
Rollin like a redneck
Swollen Member

Happypants Good newbie
auctually sunrise is pretty good now since sdillen took over the maintence there, we were up there on sunday along with hale creek, ran the weaver transverse and went to francis lake and they were all really clean, the only problem i noticed was that someone at sunrise smashed apart a picknic table and had moved a fire ring to have a bigger fire, so i put the fire ring back and...well nothing i could really do with the broken picnic table, it was DESTROYED, we went all over hale creek and there was a couple ppl there camping with their kids, but there was no mess anywhere a few days ago, hopefully dem ppl up at hale cleaned there mess up when they left.. were goin up to francis lake camping this weekend and were going to do some wheeling to hale and other places first but im thinking of posting some simple, "pack out what you pack in" signs in the trees, probly wont do anything........but you never know right, if you can get at least one person to clean there shit up when they leave than thats one less person you have to worry about.

i think there are already some signs posted at sunrise, not sure about hale creek though...
Old 06-01-2007, 11:18 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

mark Unknown Newbie
this is unreal. this has to stop. we live in one of the most beautiful areas in the country, especially for us who like to fish, four wheel, hunt, hike or enjoy any outdoors. but every year more and more of it gets shut down because of carelessness like this. pretty soon we will only be able to look at our wilderness from a distance and remember how nice it was to actually use it. we have to stand up against this kind of unspeakable behavior. i would love to run in to these stupid little punks when im cruisin the back country with my 12 gauge. man would they ever crap there pants!!
Old 06-02-2007, 12:01 AM
Fuck Jesus he does not exist

surreysinner bad newbie
It couldnt hurt to have a signs that say " if you like this area please respect and bring out what you brought or more please"
Old 06-02-2007, 12:18 AM
Swollen Member
Swollen Member

MikeWild bad newbie
I think one of the major contributors is word of mouth. The more people that know about the place, or tell a friend about the place,who then tells another friend, only helps promote more and more yahoos to show up. I know a few nice 'secluded' spots that I'm keeping my mouth shut about. The more people that frequent a place, the more likelihood for trash and B.S.

No offense meant to the 4WDABC, they are trying to do good things, but a few months back at the Abbotsford trade show, I stopped at their booth and they were all about Hale creek and how to get there blah blah blah. It makes me wonder how many potential yahoo's got the same word and headed down there, or are thinking about heading down there now that they've been told. As far as I'm concerned, I ain't saying where anything is. If you want to find it, buy a back roads map book and go exploring.

/rant
Old 06-02-2007, 01:15 AM
Prospect

HillBillyLincoln Unknown Newbie
We have made it a habit now to carry black garbage bags in the truck. Find mostly beer cans etc ......helps pay for fuel. Been seeing more and more unattended fires, this is going to be a major problem in the next few months.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:57 PM
Prospect

matt spew Unknown Newbie
thats fuckin gross no excuse for that should have thier ass's kick
Old 06-10-2007, 07:30 PM
Once upon a time there was huge
Swollen Member

gavman Unknown Newbie
I'm really impressed with the passion that you people have about this subject.

The access we have here in BC is second to none and for sure we should respect it. I think allot of the kids leaving the mess are TV kids and never spent much time camping while growing up, Or they were brought up by adults that have the same respect that they demonstrate by living like pigs.

Good on you all for cleaning up the other peoples mess and hopefully it will happen less and less in the future but that's wishful thinking.
Unfortunately it seems like the price we all have to pay when we are outdoors.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:50 PM
Manlier than a pirate

MetalMan bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWild View Post
I think one of the major contributors is word of mouth. The more people that know about the place, or tell a friend about the place,who then tells another friend, only helps promote more and more yahoos to show up. I know a few nice 'secluded' spots that I'm keeping my mouth shut about. The more people that frequent a place, the more likelihood for trash and B.S.

No offense meant to the 4WDABC, they are trying to do good things, but a few months back at the Abbotsford trade show, I stopped at their booth and they were all about Hale creek and how to get there blah blah blah. It makes me wonder how many potential yahoo's got the same word and headed down there, or are thinking about heading down there now that they've been told. As far as I'm concerned, I ain't saying where anything is. If you want to find it, buy a back roads map book and go exploring.

/rant

We've always just headed out into the boonies and found our own spots, drive into trails until we found a spot that didn't have people anywhere near. Then we'd keep it to ourselves. I know very few places to camp out, but I know there's good reason for that, the best spots need to be kept secret or else people ruin them, harsh truth that it is. As for that mess, that's insane, if everybody is going to leave the campsite...even if they're coming back...it's common sense to get things packed away, cleaned up, and organized. But what I'm really curious about, is if they were coming back, how come there was nobody left at camp? I see only one tent in that pic, it takes more tents than that to make such a mess. I doubt they came back to clean that shit up, we've left camp to go wheeling every now and then but I make sure everything packed and hidden first...I get worried about people coming by and stealing my shit. Obviously they weren't worried about that. Unless some other people came and cleaned up that mess I bet it's still there.

On that note, I think it's sad that so many times the people who go and clean up campsites are not the people who made the messes in the first place. It shouldn't be that way. Good folks shouldn't have to take their time to clean up some mess made by a bunch of lazy useless fucks.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:01 PM
giver hard

Troy bad newbie
went up there last week and there was a few piles of garbage all bagged up and a fire still going with pieces of old tent and chairs and shit....it was the grad class from my school...most who have never camped before and think they can do whatever they want.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:52 PM
Outback adventurer

t dogg Unknown Newbie
they wernt actullay goin to leave it like thhatt! did they... thats fucked, fuckin ritch yuppies who tryed to camp, bought a bunch o crap from wal mart then fucked off couse they prob got a lil wet!
Old 06-17-2007, 09:44 PM
I love my kids so much and Todd has a
Swollen Member

Cece bad newbie
Wow... that's too disgusting for words...

I've never, EVER, left any place I've been to like that, be it a camp ground or otherwise.

What a complete disrespect for this beautiful part of the world. And these people are our future generation???

Damn... I'm scared...
Old 06-20-2007, 09:04 PM
Rookie

tattoo Unknown Newbie
I am about to date myself but at least we will know the generation gap involved -
I graduated in 81 .
We all went to Harrison East . There are cabins now where we camped .
It was bush when we started camping there . At the time there was probably 20 different schools represented . Knowone knew eachother , but by the end of the first night we were all best friends .
Sunday was a sobering day where we cleaned up what mess there was and made pacts to meet next year .
We policed each other because we understood respect and knew that the area could be shut down causing everyone to have to find somewhere else .

As the years passed I noticed the general attitude has moved to the -
I am pissed and don't care what you think - got a problem with that ?

I used to go to 20 mile bay - when it had 6 camp sites and trees .
If you didn't get there in time - too bad - move on .
Last time I was there was 10 years ago May long weekend - CTV NEWS had a camera crew and chopper flying over showing the debachary .
I have never returned to camp after seeing what has been done to the area .

I was brought up camping - couldn't wait for summer . Travelled every town in BC - back roads no hwy's . While my friends were going to Disneyland and California I was out in the woods understanding the true meaning of respect .
Other people travel around the world , pay huge coin to come here and appreciate what we take for granted .
These FUCKING little shitheads have mommy pay for a tent and cooler for the weekend . I still have my original tent / cooler and stove . Yes I have upgraded , no I have never left a discusting mess that someone else has to clean up .

Take the pictures of plates and faces and forward them to who ?
Unfortunately There isn't enough enforcement to look after people in the provincial campsites ( other post here ) .
Vigilante watch over ourselves may have to be the solution .
Flat tires until the area is clean ?

Shitheads - it takes 1 of you to suggest the right thing . you may be surprised others may feel the same . Just don't want to be seen as the geek . Which in my opinion all others that leave these site in this shape are the geek mommy boys .