Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:39 PM
All The FIBC women love my
Swollen Member

Apathy Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greentoylet View Post
what needs to happen is nobody post info when they get the email from mel about you know what. everyone clams up about the info and keep it a small circle maybe close this thread and all others regarding the eagle closure and everytime a new thread opens mods close em. I know most of us love the place and are very respectful of it what other options do we have. to many people are getting access. I was reading some posts about not caring and leaving the gate open for others come on guys lets get our act together.
sounds like an elitist attitude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happypants View Post
Salty as usual
Old 04-27-2010, 12:45 PM
Albatross
Swollen Member

barracuda bad newbie
So many people say the rules dont apply to them or they think that they should be able to do what they want cause they have always done it.

The only way to combat that kind of thinking is to make it difficult to be an abuser .

The whole hush hush thing be careful and dont say anything cause it will be closed down is not working and it only gives the selfish pricks more power.

They know that people value thier playground so they feel they can abuse it and not be reported for fear of closure.

Many of the same people also dont seem to care much about closures or liberties being taken away as a result of thier actions because they will simply ignore the laws they dont like or that they think dont apply to them.

As long as they dont have a penalty personally levied against them they will continue to act in the same way.

just some idle thoughts that dont mean anything
Old 04-27-2010, 04:46 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

kimr Good newbie
I got this email yesterday as well and it is discouraging.

Access to Eagle Mountain is very important to a great many wheelers and to regain access is a huge success for our community. That some people don't give a shit about their irresponsibility and how that reflects on the rest of us is extremely frustrating.

We will all have to be more vigilant in watching over that area, particularly on Friday and Saturday nights, I guess.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:50 PM
Team Cliqueless
Swollen Member

UU is a splendid one to beholdUU is a splendid one to beholdUU is a splendid one to beholdUU is a splendid one to beholdUU is a splendid one to beholdUU is a splendid one to behold
Night Run Friday Night Up Eagle

who wants to go ???????
Old 04-27-2010, 05:53 PM
Team Cliqueless
Swollen Member

UU is a splendid one to beholdUU is a splendid one to beholdUU is a splendid one to beholdUU is a splendid one to beholdUU is a splendid one to beholdUU is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greentoylet View Post
what needs to happen is nobody post info when they get the email from mel about you know what. everyone clams up about the info and keep it a small circle maybe close this thread and all others regarding the eagle closure and everytime a new thread opens mods close em. I know most of us love the place and are very respectful of it what other options do we have. to many people are getting access. I was reading some posts about not caring and leaving the gate open for others come on guys lets get our act together.

maybe I should move this to members only and go wheeling with them
Old 04-27-2010, 07:00 PM
All The FIBC women love my
Swollen Member

Apathy Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby b View Post
They might have had a key, who knows. Apparently they were burning pallets on the other side of the gate up close to where the trail starts. Woulda been alot of work to get them there without driving up past the gate.

Anyways ......shitty that this continues to happen.
hmm.. would try to make wheelers look bad?

the greenies? its either them or some high school pumks.. and th punks are too lazy to cary palets that far.

greenies have a purpose, so they'd do it..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happypants View Post
Salty as usual
Old 04-27-2010, 07:46 PM
Cact
Swollen Member

4skin Good newbie
this sucks people have no respect for any thing used to wheel up there in the 80s when it got closed started going to strawberry was looking forward to going to eagle agan without the garbage and idiots
Old 04-27-2010, 08:23 PM
ewwww mustard is gross
Swollen Member

mus-Tard Unknown Newbie
people can always walk around gates and find things to burn. but it must have been some one with a 4x4 and key who doesn't care about this .
Old 04-28-2010, 01:00 AM
Cact
Swollen Member

4skin Good newbie
would love to go fri nite w dont know if ieven remember how to get there haha been 25 or more years golf course what fucn golfcourse whend they build that
Old 04-28-2010, 01:04 AM
Out-N-About

waggie Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDSLINGER View Post
And done some stupid ass had a fire on the road right on the other side of the gate and as of Monday the 27th there is a new lock going on they r serious people dont screw this up for us and it will be open for ever

First day with a key and its shut down not impressed

I was up eagle on Sat for a night run. I do remember that when we hit the top of the pavement to air up (about 11:30 pm), there was 2 trucks with maybe a total of 5 young people at that spot. one rougher looking 4x4 (dont remember what it was) and a clean looking s10 pickup truck (street tires, no lift, possibly even 2wd (didnt look like it would have enough clearance for the trail) dark in coulor probably dark blue) this truck did have a number of pallets in the back of the pickup. this could possibly be our "hero" ........... I mean ZERO!!!

I'll ask the rest of the group if they remember anything about these persons.

makes a person think that they should take pics of any vehicle and or people they run into up there
Old 04-28-2010, 07:32 AM
Now I see what FIBC is about

bobby b bad newbie
Damn......., I'll bet that was them. Hopefully someone else in you group remembers any details.

BTW. If I saw a couple of trucks , incl. a 2wd sitting there with pallets......pallets :O .....pallets are a dead give away! I would be sure to ask 'em whats up and I'd prob. grab a plate # too.

Last edited by bobby b : 04-28-2010 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:58 AM
mushroom capped

atoyot Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by W View Post

who wants to go ???????
im down for saturday.............
Old 04-28-2010, 11:13 AM
The C stands for crazy
Swollen Member

C-Dog bad newbie
Quote:
who wants to go ???????
Now that seems like somethign that i should be able to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by waggie View Post
I was up eagle on Sat for a night run. I do remember that when we hit the top of the pavement to air up (about 11:30 pm), there was 2 trucks with maybe a total of 5 young people at that spot. one rougher looking 4x4 (dont remember what it was) and a clean looking s10 pickup truck (street tires, no lift, possibly even 2wd (didnt look like it would have enough clearance for the trail) dark in coulor probably dark blue) this truck did have a number of pallets in the back of the pickup. this could possibly be our "hero" ........... I mean ZERO!!!

I'll ask the rest of the group if they remember anything about these persons.

makes a person think that they should take pics of any vehicle and or people they run into up there
That was probabally them....Right in front of the gate before the trail starts right...Not the lower entrance gate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby b View Post
Damn......., I'll bet that was them. Hopefully someone else in you group remembers any details.

BTW. If I saw a couple of trucks , incl. a 2wd sitting there with pallets......pallets :O .....pallets are a dead give away! I would be sure to ask 'em whats up and I'd prob. grab a plate # too.
I have to agree man i wld be doing the same thing....When i was up there on Sunday i snapped pics of the paint ballers Rides just casue they were asking for a copy of the key

And Rob it was nice meeting you the other day u

FUCK CANCER !!!!!!
Old 04-28-2010, 04:15 PM
Cact
Swollen Member

4skin Good newbie
Quote:
who wants to go ???????
wow googled area unreal how much building has happend there
then again west wood platue was a race track last time i went to eagle