Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:21 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

Steev Unknown Newbie
Where to take some newbies? Davis?

Well i did the car thing for awhile and now I am back in a 4x4 again. I have converted two friends of mine and they want me to take them "wheeling"..

So I was thinking davis lake as I am sure the water is still too high at stave for them to play around there.

I have been to davis before a few years ago but I have a few questions.

I remember it being the first left off lost creek (gravel) or maybe the 2nd obvious left. In my backroads book it looks like 3 km up lost creek and then a left. So if thats all good then my next concern...

Will a stock 1997 F150 and a stock 1991 Cherokee make it there?

I will be trying out my newly aquired 38.5" boggers for the first time so I dont think I will have a problem with traction but I dont want to be pulling a train behind me the whole trip. The cherokee is on 30inch ATs and the F150 on 31" pirelli street tires.

The f150 has tow points front and rear and the cherokee just in the rear.

Is this doable? Will be going with my usual assortment of tools, straps, come along, shovel, etc.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:29 PM
You can't do that on television eh barf
Swollen Member

Hello Kitty bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev View Post
Well i did the car thing for awhile and now I am back in a 4x4 again. I have converted two friends of mine and they want me to take them "wheeling"..

So I was thinking davis lake as I am sure the water is still too high at stave for them to play around there.

I have been to davis before a few years ago but I have a few questions.

I remember it being the first left off lost creek (gravel) or maybe the 2nd obvious left. In my backroads book it looks like 3 km up lost creek and then a left. So if thats all good then my next concern...

Will a stock 1997 F150 and a stock 1991 Cherokee make it there?

I will be trying out my newly aquired 38.5" boggers for the first time so I dont think I will have a problem with traction but I dont want to be pulling a train behind me the whole trip. The cherokee is on 30inch ATs and the F150 on 31" pirelli street tires.

The f150 has tow points front and rear and the cherokee just in the rear.

Is this doable? Will be going with my usual assortment of tools, straps, come along, shovel, etc.
so a safe trip first with your friends. you dont have a unimog or a right hand drive toyota so your obviously doing it wrong.

head up to jones and have a great time. it doesn't take much to get up there .

just don't bring a ford or a chevy.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:32 PM

Steev Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by . View Post

just don't bring a ford or a chevy.

Damnit.. why didnt you tell me this two months ago when I bought and started building the f250
Old 08-07-2008, 10:42 PM
Tinker Belle loves my
Swollen Member

Tinker Good newbie
No! Not a good trail for a stock f150 and a cheerokee, unless they really like body damage and ripping stuff off there under carriage.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:42 PM
Once upon a time there was huge
Swollen Member

gavman Unknown Newbie
What kind of GPS you running in the ford?
Old 08-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Swollen Member

Hello Kitty bad newbie
Quote:
Damnit.. why didnt you tell me this two months ago when I bought and started building the f250
oh ok. you'll make it no prob.

stave, fun with mud etc., jones is a good climb with wicked view (not found in a chev) and maybe just play around with your mapbook ?

cheers big ears.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:45 PM

Steev Unknown Newbie
no gps yet...

Is it really that bad for stock trucks? I went twice in my cherokee, once with only 31" ATs and a 2 inch lift and then a 2nd time with 33" MTs and 4.5" lift and no damage either occasion.

Of course things change in 2 years...
Old 08-07-2008, 10:57 PM
Tinker Belle loves my
Swollen Member

Tinker Good newbie
Quote:
no gps yet...

Is it really that bad for stock trucks? I went twice in my cherokee, once with only 31" ATs and a 2 inch lift and then a 2nd time with 33" MTs and 4.5" lift and no damage either occasion.

Of course things change in 2 years...
Yes, things have changed. It was de activated and then the entrance got rerouted through a quad trail.. There is the second entrance but also not great for stock trucks. Think Ironman did some major re design of his nerf bars on his explorer last time he was in there.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:03 PM
Swollen Member

Hello Kitty bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
Yes, things have changed. It was de activated and then the entrance got rerouted through a quad trail.. There is the second entrance but also not great for stock trucks. Think Ironman did some major re design of his nerf bars on his explorer last time he was in there.

actually it has been de-activated as of 8pm tonite. no more hikers and day wimps to pollute.

no more trail access unless you have a unimog quad.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Sofa king wee todd did
Swollen Member

EIEIO bad newbie
???

So more trees are just gonna get cut down to go around?
Old 08-08-2008, 04:04 PM
Stop staring at my
Swollen Member

Location: Usually in a tent near; Davis lake, Stave Lake, Harrison,
FKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIEIO View Post
???

So more trees are just gonna get cut down to go around?
fuckin tree cutters...
Old 08-08-2008, 04:06 PM
Stop staring at my
Swollen Member

Location: Usually in a tent near; Davis lake, Stave Lake, Harrison,
FKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond repute
.......... as fer where to go wheel, there is alot more to stave then the mud... there are some trails off the fsr that are cool... the creek is a good time, and 3rd beach has some mud to fuck around in.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:13 PM
RIP CHILLIWACK....

HEAVY METAL bad newbie
head too ur moms house....i do...
Old 08-08-2008, 04:16 PM
I have a huge
Swollen Member

redman bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAVY METAL View Post
head too ur moms house....i do...
that emplains the stink when i got there