Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 05-08-2007, 03:01 PM

Giuseppe Unknown Newbie
In theory there is only one way to make the price of the gas going down:
it will work only if all internet users go to one ONLY ONE company (obviously the cheapest), let's say Company A. If all do it then all the other companies get affected by not having costumers anymore (not for one day...), and this will make them to sell their gas for a cheaper price than Company A. At this point, the same all internet users will move to Company B which is cheaper. This will affect Company A, which will be forced to reduce their price again. So again all move to Company A. And so on...

In theory this is a smart idea (although it is not mine :-). BUT it will never work and here are the reasons:

1) people don't really act, they just complain. Thus, it is quite impossible to convince all those internet users to do this.

2) there is always a high number of people that do not have problem buying gas, it doesn't matter the price. And these people are MUCH MORE than you think.

3) very important: in Canada the Gas Companies are smarter than us and they all have the same price within the same city or area (did you noticed that?)

Conclusion 1: only the government can regulate this. But such a regulation will affect the government profits itself. So...

Conclusion 2: we are fucked! believe it or not.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:05 PM
cornbinder on coils
Swollen Member

epic3 bad newbie
ethanol we gotta force our goverment to get off its asses and start using it there is absolutely no reason why not to
Old 05-08-2007, 07:43 PM
do you want to touch my

ri0 bad newbie
yeah these gas prices do suck ass

I am down..cost me 100 to fill the van not even 3/4's full and its only a half ton 6 cyl

bs if yeah ask me
Old 05-08-2007, 07:56 PM
Not a Newbie

u2slow bad newbie
I never buy gas.

Okay... a little bit.... for the lawnmower, weedeater, and generator.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:34 PM
Out-N-About

nonhighwayservice Unknown Newbie
yeah it's killin me I fill my truck up every second day @ $110 each time
Old 05-08-2007, 08:41 PM
Out-N-About

Missy's Jimmy Unknown Newbie
sounds good to me
Old 05-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Not a Newbie

u2slow bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonhighwayservice View Post
yeah it's killin me I fill my truck up every second day @ $110 each time
5.4L F250 SlurperDuty?
Old 05-08-2007, 08:51 PM
Out-N-About

Location: Hell freezes over (-40) every year, northern alberta
4doorShorty Unknown Newbie
a person should open a store where people would use it steadily, something that carries necessities like grocieries. Add a gas station to it where if you spend x amount of dollars in the store you get gas at cost plus a minimal percentage. That would drive prices way down in your town and people would shop at your store.
Sounds good in theory untill you realize you have enough money to start a gas station and make a shit ton of cash just like all the rest then scratch the idea all together and go on raping consumers.

When you buy fuel in bulk quantities its cheaper...and I dont mean at bulk stations. I mean by the semi truck load. When Im driving my truck I fill up at the reserve, fuel is way cheaper, and the smokes are also nearly $3 a pack less than typical convienience stores. When the reserve is closed I buy gas at extra or the real canadian superstore to recieve their "superbucks" its a small bit back, usually $5 after filling both tanks right full...every little bit is better than none tho.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Make your own-iEdit Title in 'User CP'

arjan bad newbie
The above dont buy for a day thing doesn't work.

Do it the French way: All truckers block all the highways and shut the economy down for a couple of days. That's when governments start sweating because of lost tax revenue.
The french are profesionals at being on strike though.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:52 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

Redneck Cowgirl Unknown Newbie
Well I think it worth a shot, it wont kill me to not get gas for one day There are other steps that could be taken, like above stated about blocking the roads But I think it even helps us just talking about it, if every one says nothing, then nothing will ever get done, got to start somwhere, at least some of use are thinking now I know I just bitched befor, but never tried anything to change it, got to start somwhere.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:53 PM
Once upon a time there was huge
Swollen Member

gavman Unknown Newbie
Boycott Shell, everyone should not buy from Shell and hurt their sales so they drop their prices to win the customers back.
Right now with the gas prices i sure am liking the smell of the diesel i buy every week.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:58 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

Redneck Cowgirl Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavman View Post
Boycott Shell, everyone should not buy from Shell and hurt their sales so they drop their prices to win the customers back.
Right now with the gas prices i sure am liking the smell of the diesel i buy every week.
Yep, my dad just picked one up this week sweet truck, man I wish I could afford one

I filled my tank yesturday, then went down to the states to drop a truck off, picked up hay in Cloverdale on my way back, and ran around van today.... only quarter tank left thats almost a $100 bucks in less then two days a bus pass is starting to look good right about now
Old 05-09-2007, 12:22 AM
I don't have a
Swollen Member

apefrill Good newbie
My hubby's truck is on propane. Way cheaper than my explorer even with the shitty mileage it gets. 45.9/litre, so gas prices don't bother me.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:42 AM
Make your own-iEdit Title in 'User CP'

arjan bad newbie
If people are serious, then everybody could just not drive their car for a day or don't drive for 1 day a month. If that catches on and enough people start doing it, then the oil companies will start to notice their bottom line.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:28 AM
Not a Newbie

u2slow bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavman View Post
Shell cardlock is my cheapest fuel source right now... and its not even run by Shell.

Quote:
my dad just picked one up this week sweet truck, man I wish I could afford one
Where are you shopping for trucks? I haven't paid 5 digits for a turbodiesel yet. Seems like people want just as much or more for some 1/2-ton gas rig.

Quote:
If people are serious, then everybody could just not drive their car for a day or don't drive for 1 day a month. If that catches on and enough people start doing it, then the oil companies will start to notice their bottom line.
You really think so? What tasks and chores are you going to forfeit on that particular day that you are not going to take care of on another day?

When I last rode the bus.... the fares made driving look cheap.