Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats

Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats Got a question or want to show off a new mod on your Quad, Snowmobile, bike or Boat? This is the place to go

Old 05-29-2006, 08:14 AM
Outback adventurer

06grizzly Unknown Newbie
smokin grizzly 660

went to chipmunk creek on sat and on our last ride my buddys 2003grizzly started smokin worse than a 2 stroke mixed at 50:1 everything runs but smokes like crazy and has oil all over the exaust tip?any ideas?

other than that had a great time met lots of cool people and lots of cool trails sorry no pics next week maybewe found a cabin about 10km in off chillawack lk rd it looked like a brand new cabin,we met to ladies there and they said thier brother and their friends build it from browwed lumber from all over.i'll go back next weekend for pics
Old 05-29-2006, 08:38 AM
winter camping give me a
Swollen Member

Honky bad newbie
hey Nutbar, we already have a Nutbar on the site and believe me one is enough

Last edited by Honky : 05-29-2006 at 08:54 AM.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:48 AM
Stump hunter

Jeepnut Jeepnut Jeepnut Jeepnut Jeepnut Jeepnut Jeepnut Jeepnut Jeepnut Jeepnut Jeepnut
...copy cat

Stay away from my Moose Ribs
Old 05-29-2006, 08:56 AM
winter camping give me a
Swollen Member

Honky bad newbie
And what is a copy cat. Is that when you put a cat on a photocopier?
Old 05-29-2006, 11:24 AM
Outback adventurer

06grizzly Unknown Newbie
the name is already in the process of being changed at the other guys request now if any one knows anything that could be wrong with my buddys grizzly pls let me know thks
Old 05-29-2006, 11:28 AM
Stump hunter

Jeepnut Jeepnut Jeepnut Jeepnut Jeepnut Jeepnut Jeepnut Jeepnut Jeepnut Jeepnut Jeepnut
Nope sorry cant help ya.......

Stay away from my Moose Ribs
Old 05-29-2006, 01:23 PM
Albatross
Swollen Member

barracuda bad newbie
Ring or piston damage. or you could have oil leaking in on the intake side (seal) did you suck some water in by chance
Old 05-29-2006, 01:37 PM
Outback adventurer

06grizzly Unknown Newbie
no didn't hit any deep water but the ride back from the cabin we found, we had both quads maxed out at 102km for about 6 to 10 mins flat so i thought it would be rings as well i'll let him know
Old 05-29-2006, 04:49 PM
Not a Newbie

Dieseljeep bad newbie
If the machine has really ultra low hours on it, I am most likely sure that it the rings haven`t seated. I think that when you buy a quad/bike that you are supposed to break them in slowly as sort of working the lower gears only and gradually increasing speed .I just was talking to my neighbour about this he has 6 quads all new and this was the procedure for all of them.Both he and I have a feeling the the engine is now cooked.It may be under warrenty. Might be worth a trip to the stealership to get it checked out.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:06 PM
I got kicked and now have a
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Before doing a tear down, I'd check the crankcase ventilation system. Can't recall what the 660 uses, but should have a hose coming to the air box, follow that back to the engine (valve cover?) and check to make sure it's not plugged. Is the air box full of oil?
Old 05-30-2006, 12:23 AM
Outback adventurer

06grizzly Unknown Newbie
my buddys grizzly is a 2003 and has been used lots so it would'nt be the break in procedure and i'll tell him to check everything else thks guys