Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats

Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats Got a question or want to show off a new mod on your Quad, Snowmobile, bike or Boat? This is the place to go

Old 01-26-2006, 06:18 AM
Now I see what FIBC is about

imtheboobman bad newbie
plastic paddles

anyone ever install these, been trying to find a good pattern. anyone got any ideas or suggestions
thanks Rob
Old 01-26-2006, 11:08 PM
I got kicked and now have a
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Haven't run hard paddles for almost 10 years! But when I was running them, found the best bet was to cut them in half and stagger them. It lets air move through the tunnel better which gets the track speed up a bit. You should price out a rubber paddle track. I was going to go to 2" X 136" (up from 1.6" X 136" on my PS580), checked the local sled dealers and they had take-offs brand new off sold units for $400! New from a dealer, they go up to about $750.

Rubber track is the only way to go now. Better track speed, better traction, especially on the hard pack trail! No vibration like hard paddles do, no huge rooster tail on hard pack (mind you it's fun passing your buddies like that, they never follow very close!), no worry about paddles busting off and taking out tunnel coolers! Give it some thought!
Old 01-27-2006, 04:34 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

imtheboobman bad newbie
thanks for the info, i dont really want to put to much money into this sled, its my war wagon just bought it for 80 bucks, its got the old three piece track held together with metal channels. and i got my hand on some 1 1/4 paddels so i thought id give em a try. oh its a 1980 jag 4000
thanks rob
Old 01-27-2006, 09:38 PM
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Ahhhhh, that explains it! I wouldn't bother with a paddle track either then! I had an '81 Jag 4000, 3 piece track with the steel cleats! Would climb anything in spring first thing in the morning! You'd be best off staggering paddles cut in half. Skip every other cleat/space, count it out to see how many you need. Did that on my '96 Cougar/MC, cut 1 1/2" hard paddles in half, and staggered them every other paddle. Worked ok, then tried using the full set (still cut in half) staggered on every paddle. No difference in traction, but had a hell of a vibration with all the extra weight on! Then went to a 1.4" rubber track, best bet on that machine!
Old 02-03-2006, 09:41 PM
Out-N-About

Lucas bad newbie
Plastic paddles are getto,and I believe they are outlawed.they get cold ,break/crack....then fly off bouncing around in the tunnel ,then deer come around eat them and it rips theyre stomachs apart.
No iam not a tree hugger but plastic paddles are shit ,go down to a local sled shop and ask for a "take off" track 1" or 1 1/2" they will probably sell it for dirt cheap and run that.You probably dont have the horse power to turn anything bigger anyway.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:55 PM
Not a Newbie

killman bad newbie
Bad Idea man still have nice scar on my leg from plastic paddles.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:10 PM
working the rails and lovin' it

nykoma bad newbie
Old 02-27-2006, 10:47 PM
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas
Plastic paddles are getto,and I believe they are outlawed.they get cold ,break/crack....then fly off bouncing around in the tunnel ,then deer come around eat them and it rips theyre stomachs apart.
No iam not a tree hugger but plastic paddles are shit ,go down to a local sled shop and ask for a "take off" track 1" or 1 1/2" they will probably sell it for dirt cheap and run that.You probably dont have the horse power to turn anything bigger anyway.

That's fricken hilarious! Outlawed! I agree they are shit, break off and sometimes hit the guy behind you in the head (helmet!), but "deer eat them"? I better get back up the hill then, and pick up the rest of the pieces of my hood from when I hit that tree, they might eat that too!
Old 03-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Gettin' out havin' fun

Stupiduki bad newbie
I HEARD HUNTERS HAVE BEEN USEING PLASTIC PADDLES FOR YEARS TO BATE THE DEER. BETTER THAN SALT LICKS
Old 03-07-2006, 08:21 PM
Nothin' but a post whore

MudRam bad newbie
Old 03-09-2006, 06:49 PM
consistently inconsistent

factor bad newbie
are they good to eat?
Old 03-09-2006, 09:27 PM
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Quote: